User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 18
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Physial Training

    I am currently trying to bulid a strick physical training program that is going to benfit my speed and stregth on the court. I have heard that it is good to run and skip do you have an routines for badminton physical training? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile know yourself in badminton

    DOUBLE PLAYER - hello, i'm just want to know us each. in my opinion, if you want to start training, i suggest we got to analyze our phsical ability or mental ability. mostly for asian, -because we short (faster in base movement) and mayb less intelligent the n english, we do SPEED and STRENGH -example Chandra and Sigit -training! (Rexy Mainaiky Overview) - but for europe the maybe mostly use TECHNIQUES, SKILLS, STRATEGY and RALLY - Lundgard/Jens Erikson. Because????? 1. Asian Player ? - More Aggressive, Speed in Below Court because short! Asian less Thinking so we don't have much time to think in double, so we do strengh training and speed 2. Europe ? - Because they r mostly tall, and quite clever, and cool. tall - they'll move more slowly then asian, they more cool because they are more clever. so they need to other then make strengh and speed litte, they got to do skill, techniques, rally in double and thingking in playing, they got to do more cool in play time, and they'll make less mistake. Asian, more mistake but good in attacking because very good in speed and strengh. see you next time!!

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    114
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm asian and I object to being called "less intelligent" than the europeans!

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    After reading your posting, I find rather disturbing... for your comparison between the Asian and the Europeans... Please do not sterotyping AND really pissed me off when you say most asians aren't INTELLIGENT.... Please speak with respect. *note* European doesn't necessarily mean ENGLISH....(quote from your posting)


    Quote Originally Posted by bardo
    DOUBLE PLAYER - hello, i'm just want to know us each. in my opinion, if you want to start training, i suggest we got to analyze our phsical ability or mental ability. mostly for asian, -because we short (faster in base movement) and mayb less intelligent the n english, we do SPEED and STRENGH -example Chandra and Sigit -training! (Rexy Mainaiky Overview) - but for europe the maybe mostly use TECHNIQUES, SKILLS, STRATEGY and RALLY - Lundgard/Jens Erikson. Because????? 1. Asian Player ? - More Aggressive, Speed in Below Court because short! Asian less Thinking so we don't have much time to think in double, so we do strengh training and speed 2. Europe ? - Because they r mostly tall, and quite clever, and cool. tall - they'll move more slowly then asian, they more cool because they are more clever. so they need to other then make strengh and speed litte, they got to do skill, techniques, rally in double and thingking in playing, they got to do more cool in play time, and they'll make less mistake. Asian, more mistake but good in attacking because very good in speed and strengh. see you next time!!

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    47
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by jeyel
    I'm asian and I object to being called "less intelligent" than the europeans!
    Yah! I'm asian too and i object to being "less intelligent" than europeans!

    Look at the world rankings! Its mostly ASIAN!

    Asians are cool!

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Manhattan Beach
    Posts
    25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Lets all try and get along?

    I think that style of play would have been better discussed rather than Regional ethnicity and comparisons! Stereotyping races by height, coolness, speed, mental capacity, thinking is just wrong! I am a white/ hispanic, blonde hair , green eyes. People ask all the time about my last name, you are an Ortiz? Yes i say my mother is Norwegian. Next time someone wants to talk about STYLE, lets keep the race card out of it. We all make mistakes, lets just not alienate each other! Too many people on this planet are angry because of RACE, RELIGON, COLOR, GENDER , POLITICAL IDEOLOGY. Badminton players are above all this. Play well and then shake hands in victory or defeat! Peace

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    142
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by bardo
    DOUBLE PLAYER - hello, i'm just want to know us each. in my opinion, if you want to start training, i suggest we got to analyze our phsical ability or mental ability. mostly for asian, -because we short (faster in base movement) and mayb less intelligent the n english, we do SPEED and STRENGH -example Chandra and Sigit -training! (Rexy Mainaiky Overview) - but for europe the maybe mostly use TECHNIQUES, SKILLS, STRATEGY and RALLY - Lundgard/Jens Erikson. Because????? 1. Asian Player ? - More Aggressive, Speed in Below Court because short! Asian less Thinking so we don't have much time to think in double, so we do strengh training and speed 2. Europe ? - Because they r mostly tall, and quite clever, and cool. tall - they'll move more slowly then asian, they more cool because they are more clever. so they need to other then make strengh and speed litte, they got to do skill, techniques, rally in double and thingking in playing, they got to do more cool in play time, and they'll make less mistake. Asian, more mistake but good in attacking because very good in speed and strengh. see you next time!!

    You are full of c***!!!
    Being asian doesn't mean that you are less intelligent. And you can't stereotype all players from a part of the world.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bardo is not very intelligent in saying that.
    Grrr.... maybe only the Malaysians?
    Sorry, just a joke.-->bad one.

    Honestly speaking, not all white are intelligent. It is the same all over the world. There are intelligent people and there are not so intelligent one whether you are white/black/asians or whatever.

    BUT THEN Bardo is right about Asian players more on physical and speed, and European player more on techniques.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    142
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't think he is right at that either. Whether you are an european or asian, you will need worldclass technique AND physical speed and power, or the other way around.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taber
    I don't think he is right at that either. Whether you are an european or asian, you will need worldclass technique AND physical speed and power, or the other way around.
    For young players :
    In asian, footwork(which helps physical and speed first) come first.

    In Europe, techniques come first.

    I learn this from my coaching course and it is true.
    Most of my training time in asia are doing footwork and physical training.
    When I come to UK, the coaching emphasis more on technique.

    There might be slight changes now in asia though as technique and physical + speed are both very important.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    114
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maybe Bardo just doesn't know how to properly express himself...

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    sdfg
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maybe u all let Bardo express his own opinion even if it is weird. i dont know many asians but those i do know they are clever and fun to play against.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Guys . . . cool down. I am sure bardo will explain his position .

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago / Calgary
    Posts
    1,579
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by bardo
    and mayb less intelligent the n english
    well for those you you getting instantly offended uh im not exactly seeing it as being that big...its just bardo's opinion and im sure he can explain himself as to why he said that...but i mean speed and strength Vs.techniques, skill, etc well think about it for a second and he did say maby not actually implying that...anyways back to the topic if you want to work on that i usually do some running it helps my speed i can find but more so helps my endurence you can workout your legs and will benfite from that also...meh just my 2 cents.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    74
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post Physical training

    Hi Guys,
    I thought this thread supposed to discuss physical training rather than Asians Vs Europeans' intelligence Bardo may have his own view but i dont know he is an Asian or not? Does he think when he plays double.It seems to me he had stated that Asian dont think but do speed and strength training. Sorry for the question? I am an Asian. I think when I play badminton and good in placement of shots. Well, speedy? not exactly but agile enough to retrieve drops and smashes. I am in the 50s and I think Asians are thinking players. I dont think they can win world titles if they are not
    Matrix.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    333
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think Taufik Hidayat is a very smart player for example. So smart i think he could deceive me so much i would not touch one shuttle.

    I think what's right is that asian players, in general view, are fitter than europeans just because they are so dominating the game in the professional area. It would be strange if they weren't fitter. But i think techniquewise they are also better in general as well as in the thinking game.
    I mean come on badminton is a bigger thing in asia than in europe (except countries like denmark perhaps).

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    328
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you can't stop sterotyping. but what bardo did purely dumb. i mean everyone stereotypes others. it has been there for centuries. but, when they do sterotype, they make it look as if their kind is more superior. bardo, the butt head, is lowering down the status of his own kind and making the other side look superior.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is physical training more important?
    By mamapoko in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 13
    : 04-04-2010, 01:46 AM
  2. Help with my physical training (:
    By kagirinaiX3 in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 5
    : 03-09-2009, 08:36 AM
  3. help on my physical training..
    By kagirinaiX3 in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 7
    : 07-07-2008, 11:07 AM
  4. Physical Training
    By dAzEY in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 1
    : 05-25-2005, 06:52 AM
  5. Physical Training for Badminton
    By Chen Dan :D in forum Market Place
    Replies: 2
    : 03-21-2003, 09:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •