Physical Training

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by badmtnproDC15, Feb 16, 2006.

1. badmtnproDC15

badmtnproDC15 New Member

Student
    Physial Training

I am currently trying to bulid a strick physical training program that is going to benfit my speed and stregth on the court. I have heard that it is good to run and skip do you have an routines for badminton physical training? Thanks.:)

2. bardo

bardo Regular Member

Programmer
    know yourself in badminton

DOUBLE PLAYER - hello, i'm just want to know us each. in my opinion, if you want to start training, i suggest we got to analyze our phsical ability or mental ability. mostly for asian, -because we short (faster in base movement) and mayb less intelligent the n english, we do SPEED and STRENGH -example Chandra and Sigit -training! (Rexy Mainaiky Overview) - but for europe the maybe mostly use TECHNIQUES, SKILLS, STRATEGY and RALLY - Lundgard/Jens Erikson. Because????? 1. Asian Player ? - More Aggressive, Speed in Below Court because short! Asian less Thinking so we don't have much time to think in double, so we do strengh training and speed 2. Europe ? - Because they r mostly tall, and quite clever, and cool. tall - they'll move more slowly then asian, they more cool because they are more clever. so they need to other then make strengh and speed litte, they got to do skill, techniques, rally in double and thingking in playing, they got to do more cool in play time, and they'll make less mistake. Asian, more mistake but good in attacking because very good in speed and strengh. see you next time!!

3. jeyel

jeyel Regular Member

I'm asian and I object to being called "less intelligent" than the europeans!:(

4. s239rt

s239rt Regular Member

After reading your posting, I find rather disturbing... for your comparison between the Asian and the Europeans... Please do not sterotyping AND really pissed me off when you say most asians aren't INTELLIGENT.... Please speak with respect. *note* European doesn't necessarily mean ENGLISH....(quote from your posting)

5. r0adk1ll

r0adk1ll New Member

IT Person
    Yah! I'm asian too and i object to being "less intelligent" than europeans!

Look at the world rankings! Its mostly ASIAN! :D

Asians are cool! :cool:

6. ToddieO

ToddieO Regular Member

Lighting, grip work, stagehand, bartender, student
    Lets all try and get along?

I think that style of play would have been better discussed rather than Regional ethnicity and comparisons! Stereotyping races by height, coolness, speed, mental capacity, thinking is just wrong! I am a white/ hispanic, blonde hair , green eyes. People ask all the time about my last name, you are an Ortiz? Yes i say my mother is Norwegian. Next time someone wants to talk about STYLE, lets keep the race card out of it. We all make mistakes, lets just not alienate each other! Too many people on this planet are angry because of RACE, RELIGON, COLOR, GENDER , POLITICAL IDEOLOGY. Badminton players are above all this. Play well and then shake hands in victory or defeat! Peace :)

7. taber

taber Regular Member

You are full of c***!!!
    Being asian doesn't mean that you are less intelligent. And you can't stereotype all players from a part of the world.

8. hyun007

hyun007 Regular Member

Bardo is not very intelligent in saying that.
    Grrr.... maybe only the Malaysians?
    Sorry, just a joke.-->bad one.

Honestly speaking, not all white are intelligent. It is the same all over the world. There are intelligent people and there are not so intelligent one whether you are white/black/asians or whatever.

BUT THEN Bardo is right about Asian players more on physical and speed, and European player more on techniques.

9. taber

taber Regular Member

I don't think he is right at that either. Whether you are an european or asian, you will need worldclass technique AND physical speed and power, or the other way around.

10. hyun007

hyun007 Regular Member

For young players :
    In asian, footwork(which helps physical and speed first) come first.

In Europe, techniques come first.

I learn this from my coaching course and it is true.
    Most of my training time in asia are doing footwork and physical training.
    When I come to UK, the coaching emphasis more on technique.

There might be slight changes now in asia though as technique and physical + speed are both very important.

11. jeyel

jeyel Regular Member

Maybe Bardo just doesn't know how to properly express himself...

12. penga

penga Regular Member

Maybe u all let Bardo express his own opinion even if it is weird. i dont know many asians but those i do know they are clever and fun to play against.

13. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Guys . . . cool down. I am sure bardo will explain his position :).

14. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    well for those you you getting instantly offended uh im not exactly seeing it as being that big...its just bardo's opinion and im sure he can explain himself as to why he said that...but i mean speed and strength Vs.techniques, skill, etc well think about it for a second and he did say maby not actually implying that...anyways back to the topic if you want to work on that i usually do some running it helps my speed i can find but more so helps my endurence you can workout your legs and will benfite from that also...meh just my 2 cents.

15. Matrix

Matrix Regular Member

Regional Sales Manager
    Hi Guys,
    I thought this thread supposed to discuss physical training rather than Asians Vs Europeans' intelligence:confused: Bardo may have his own view but i dont know he is an Asian or not? Does he think when he plays double.It seems to me he had stated that Asian dont think but do speed and strength training.:p Sorry for the question? I am an Asian. I think when I play badminton and good in placement of shots. Well, speedy? not exactly but agile enough to retrieve drops and smashes. I am in the 50s and I think Asians are thinking players. I dont think they can win world titles if they are not;)
    Matrix.:cool:

16. TrueBlue

TrueBlue Regular Member

I think Taufik Hidayat is a very smart player for example. So smart i think he could deceive me so much i would not touch one shuttle.

I think what's right is that asian players, in general view, are fitter than europeans just because they are so dominating the game in the professional area. It would be strange if they weren't fitter. But i think techniquewise they are also better in general as well as in the thinking game.
    I mean come on badminton is a bigger thing in asia than in europe (except countries like denmark perhaps).

17. utopia_imminent

utopia_imminent Regular Member

Student
    you can't stop sterotyping. but what bardo did purely dumb. i mean everyone stereotypes others. it has been there for centuries. but, when they do sterotype, they make it look as if their kind is more superior. bardo, the butt head, is lowering down the status of his own kind and making the other side look superior.

18. ploppers

ploppers Regular Member

Well, the smartest player that I've ever seen has to be Sun Jun...where is he from? Perhapes bardo was implying that for asian people, physical training is important as Europeans naturally have a physical advantage. Even chinese coaches have commented on how short lived many of their players are.