User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some manufacturers, especially those with very wide marketing reach, try to avoid this breakage problem by specifying very low tensions. Yonex is very good at this. To be frank, there are all sorts of stringing machines and types of stringers out there, from the ancient to the beginners who use your racquets for their first stringing job. High tensions will only have a multiplying adverse result with such sub-standard machines and/or stringers. This is reality. Of course the majority are good to very good.
    Another important point to understand is that modern racquets have very high youngs modulus, which means they are also very strong but not tough (hard and brittle). It is this high youngs modulus that gives your racquet that extra punch from a lighter frame than say an ancient aluminium racquet. It has a very high threshold against the enormous forces of a very powerful shot that an aluminium racquet cannot come close, the latter behaving more 'jelly-like' and losing or wasting power. But bang your racquet on another racquet, and if the impact is very high, your modern racquet will kaput. Or it may survive, except for some paint chips, and is still as good as new. Not so the aluminium racquet, which may show a slight dent even from the slightest of clashes. The aluminium racquet will not shatter because it is tough but not strong.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    The aluminium racquet will not shatter because it is tough but not strong.
    I just strung my double partner's Cab 9 at 25/28lbs. with no problems.

I think the Cab 9 is pretty tough and strong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

different brand's rackets have different warranty tension
    yonex ns7000 3u main(18-22lbs)*cross(21-24lbs)
    yonex armotec 3u main(20-23lbs)*cross(21-24lbs)
    yonex musle power 3u main(17-20lbs)*cross(20-23lbs)
    victor super nano 3u main(25-28lbs)*cross(27-30lbs)
    victor artery ti99 3u main(25-28lbs)*cross(27-30lbs)
    victor artery ti98 3u main(25-28lbs)*cross(27-30lbs)
    mmoa power atb system 502 26lbs
    proace support 32lbs
    rsl heat ti-5900 28lbs

so when i received a different racket i must take care what the racket can support how much pounds especially for yonex and tell customers you can't pull tension over the racket's brand recommandation's tension, otherwize the racket is out of warranty.
    i know "yonex is no:1" that is no doubt, but yonex's campany too clever put the racket tension's recommandation is very low to protect their rackets safety.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davidcheng
    different brand's rackets have different warranty tension
    yonex ns7000 3u main(18-22lbs)*cross(21-24lbs)
    yonex armotec 3u main(20-23lbs)*cross(21-24lbs)
    yonex musle power 3u main(17-20lbs)*cross(20-23lbs)
    victor super nano 3u main(25-28lbs)*cross(27-30lbs)
    victor artery ti99 3u main(25-28lbs)*cross(27-30lbs)
    victor artery ti98 3u main(25-28lbs)*cross(27-30lbs)
    mmoa power atb system 502 26lbs
    proace support 32lbs
    rsl heat ti-5900 28lbs

so when i received a different racket i must take care what the racket can support how much pounds especially for yonex and tell customers you can't pull tension over the racket's brand recommandation's tension, otherwize the racket is out of warranty.
    i know "yonex is no:1" that is no doubt, but yonex's campany too clever put the racket tension's recommandation is very low to protect their rackets safety.
    I see your point but I think your first statement was a little biased/unfair, and I dont use a Yonex personally.

It's conceivable that being Yonex the number one brand, it has the highest percentage of people who Require high level performance and therefore generally, although not necessarily, more people string Their racquets at these 'high tensions'; and because More people use More of their racquets at Higher tensions, more breakages generally occur than any other brand, therefore they reccomend lower tensions to ensure the cost of replacing racquets is low.

I do not consider that to be 'underhand' by Yonex. It's simply a company making a living, whether it's doing well or not. If they warrantied up to Very high tensions their cost of recovery+replacing+and everything else to handle these matters May increase dramatically, possibly pushing up the price for other consumers who don't require high tensions.

Also, I believe a lot of Yonex racquets are replaced/RMA'd when they have broken above the stated tensions, please correct me if I am wrong, though.

It's even possible companies such as Karakal for example, who warranty up to and including 30lbs string tension on All their highest end racquets and most mid-range, could be doing so at their own cost which is good, but maybe to gain popularity? Maybe if Millions of people bought Their racquets, their cost of replacing them / covering those warranties would be a Lot bigger, as would their income, but I'm generally of the opinion if you wish to string your racquet at a very high tension you should be prepared for the consequences. If you can't afford it breaking, use a brand that warranties up to your required tension. If you don't want to switch brand or anything, try lowering your tension. People see tension often sometimes as a Lot more important than it is. Some also underestimate it's importance, but this is getting waaay bit off topic so, I'll stop

These kind of discussions as above, have a lot of complex issues / factors / variables.

SGP.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pls don't underestimate the strength of your modern racquet, including imitation brands and fakes. They are many times stronger than steel or aluminium by a factor of 5 to 30. But they are just not as tough enough to be abused. You can clash your steel racquets and they will not shatter like graphite racquets although steel is not as strong as graphite. But steel is tougher; it bends but you can put it right and use it again. Alas not so for graphite, which achieves superior strength at the expense of toughness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, turned out my ebay purchased AT-800 OFF was completely authentic based on Yonex checking it out. Sports Experts had to get Yonex to send in a brand new one since they don't carry that model and since they broke it during stringing. I now have a brand new AT-800 OFF, Canadian model so it's a 3U instead of my original 4U. I actually prefer 3U so I'm happy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

congratulations. im very happy for you.

Could you specify who the ebay seller was?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

daMaster:

Which coded racket did you have? Yonex Canada only brings in the 3U - it's a popular version too. The 4U has the tendency to overswing for the Armortec 800s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey man, if you bought ur racket at a local store you should have warranty on it. Bring it to where u bought it and ask for a replacement. I broke my AT800 Of recently due to mishit on the frame, too bad i bought it on Ebay and I didnt have any warranty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Foo
    congratulations. im very happy for you.

Could you specify who the ebay seller was?

tohani210 is the ebay seller's ID. he sells only authentic yonex products, verified by yonex themselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    daMaster:

Which coded racket did you have? Yonex Canada only brings in the 3U - it's a popular version too. The 4U has the tendency to overswing for the Armortec 800s.
    The ebay one I had was a US model 4U. Yonex Canada replaced it with a 3U. I actually prefer the 3U.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan-Fan
    Hey man, if you bought ur racket at a local store you should have warranty on it. Bring it to where u bought it and ask for a replacement. I broke my AT800 Of recently due to mishit on the frame, too bad i bought it on Ebay and I didnt have any warranty
    Mine was bought off of ebay and was replaced by Yonex Canada, since my ebay model was an authentic US model racket.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DaMaster, are you going to get a G5 from Yonex Canada? - Since US only carries G4 only.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    DaMaster, are you going to get a G5 from Yonex Canada? - Since US only carries G4 only.
    No, I already got a replacement (as I said in a previous post). I got a 3U/G4 from Yonex Canada.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice! Sorry I didn't keep up with this read, but it's good to hear!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just follow up here, one the racket broken and the agent willing to exchange a new one for it if the damaged is cause problem of the racket??? where's the standard from they suspect???

previously my mp99 is broken on head site of internal string area!!! finally sunrise singapore is exchange for me which i brough it from brunei!!!

anyone here try b4 exchange the racket from the agent!!! off course not purposely damage it and change a new one lar!!! accidently too!!!!!!!!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4