Broken airblade1000

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by Sucker, Apr 13, 2001.

1. Sucker

Sucker Guest

: Hi my new AirBlade1000 racket is broken. I can't reach
    : the sold which sold the racket and Carlton USA doesn't anser
    : its phone. Anyone have any idea to help me out?Broke on the frame next to the T

2. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    email them!

3. Brett

Brett Regular Member

A month ago I discovered that my new Airblade 600Ti had a probable manufacturing defect in the shaft/handle region (see thread "Problems with Carltons" by using the Search feature) and I was able to get the problem resolved through Dunlop USA (the Dunlop-Slazenger-Maxfli group is the parent company of Carlton). I also had significant initial difficulties getting any response, but thanks to one of the other posters on this website, I was able to contact an actual person at Carlton UK, who then had a manager at Dunlop USA contact me the next day and she was very helpful. Her name, address, etc... is as follows:

Allison Broadway
    Racquet Customer Care Supervisor
    Dunlop Slazenger Group
    1-800-277-8000
    Fax 864-241-2248
    email: abroadway@dsgamericas.com

I will give you several caveats. First, my racquet was purchased in England and most likely had an English warranty; several US retailers (e.g. Badminton Alley) state that American market Carltons have no warranty, so your AB 1000 might not be covered by any sort of replacement policy. Second, I had a history over several months of writing to Carlton about a couple different issues, without receiving a response, and my various e-mails and telephone calls to Carlton and/or Dunlop emphasized that point and my disappointment up until that time in dealing with Carlton. I hope that the prompt and courteous service I finally received from Ms. Broadway is indicative of Carlton's present stance on customer service and not merely unique treatment in light of the past difficulties I had encountered.

I hope this helps and I wish you good luck in getting this resolved quickly.

P.S. I would appreciate it if you did not use my name when communicating with Ms. Broadway or anyone else from Dunlop Slazenger. While I am receiving a replacement racquet (an AB 900 which is a better model than the 600 Ti) that model is presently out of stock in the U.S. and I will have to wait perhaps another 3-4 weeks to receive it. Although the likelihood of anything bad happening is remote, I do not want to risk the possibility that the manufacturer will not appreciate my candor on this forum and change its mind about this replacement; I have always had such extreme bad luck that I probably should be studied by a team of parapsychologists. ;)

4. Sucker

Sucker Guest

thank a lot dude you are my saver:p

5. Sucker

Sucker Guest

thank a lot dude you are my saver:p
    You sent them your broken racket for inspection first?
    what about the reciept?

6. Brett

Brett Regular Member

I had an exchange of e-mails first, then they instructed me to send the racquet to them for inspection (I guess to make sure that to problem was truly a manufacturing defect rather than damage from a collision with a racquet or some other object).

They did not ask for the receipt, but I received the racquet as a gift from my sister, who bought it while on a business trip to England.

7. For Brett

For Brett Guest

hey Brett, I am sending my racket in for inspection today.When do I expect any word from Carlton?Tell me the process(timing)

8. Brett

Brett Regular Member

I shipped back my defective Carlton by UPS with an expected delivery date of Thursday or Friday in that week. I received an e-mail back confirming that Carlton would replace the racquet five days later, on Tuesday morning. Not too bad of service. The only real problem was that they did not have the replacement racquet (an AB 900) in stock and I won't be getting it until May.

Let us know how things worked out for you. Good luck.

9. For Brett

For Brett Guest

WOW the email I got said the inspection process will take 6 weeks

10. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Six weeks?? That's nonsense. Maybe they are sending it back to the factory in China? You should e-mail them back and find out precisely why it will take that long. If they aren't sending it overseas, you ought to demand to know why it could not be done within the week, given that this inspection will likely take only a few minutes.

Maybe Alison meant to say that it would take six weeks to send you a new one because they are out of stock in this country. That is the case with the AB 900, which should be back in stock by mid-may.

11. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    That sounds a lot! I don't mean to rub it in, but I had my Rasmussen replaced in two days... that was in Sweden though. They also said they only replace racquets that are broken below 4 o'clock on the frame. Meaning: a clash in doubles usually hits higher so that would not be a replacement... Mine had a broken handle. No questions asked.

Hope it works out for you!

12. Sucker

Sucker Guest

Thanks. You guys have been a big help

13. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Sucker, let us know how things turn out with your racquet. I received my replacement from Carlton a week ago, two weeks ahead of schedule, so I am pleased. Hopefully you will also get a speedy resolution from Carlton.