Carlton Racquets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by zero, Apr 13, 2001.

1. zero

zero Regular Member

Student
    Hi, can anyone tell me where Carlton racquets are made in?.....I would like to know where all their top of the line racquets are sold (Airblade 1000)....

Thnx

2. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    made in china

3. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    huh, i thought they were all made in England?

4. Pete

Pete Guest

Too expensive to make them in UK. China is the way to go.

Pete

5. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    it says china at the bottom of the handle...
    THeres nothing wrong with it being made in china tho, the quality is still very good.

6. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Shaun, I've got my fingers crossed as for the quality of my soon-to-arrive AB 900, but so far it seems that the majority of the Carlton owners who have posted on this forum have had manufacturing problems or defects with their racquets. Perhaps this group isn't a large enough survey to be accurate; a friend of mine has been using an AB 900 for about four months now without problem.

It seems that that the plant managers in the factory that makes Carlton's racquets have about the same appreciation for quality control as the PRC's leaders have for honesty and rationality, over these past several weeks in particular.

7. Pete

Pete Guest

Hey Brett,

I have three AB 900 and have been using them for over six months. I say they are great!

However, I think politics should stay out of this forum.

Pete

8. Jeff

Jeff Guest

I also own the AB 900, and it is a great racquet. I havent noticed any problems at all so far. This is a great racquet too I may add, although it is slightly heavier than the other ABs because of the weight distribution to the head for more powerful smashes

9. Bob

Bob Guest

hey, how does the rasmussen (good one, hehe) stack up agaisnt the rest? not spec wise, but how it performed for you.
    thx for all replies ^_^

10. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    I've used both the Rasmussen and the AB900. My first Rasmussen broke at the handle after about 6 months and was replaced, but I discovered that the replacement had unevenly drilled grommet holes, so when I turned that in for replacement I didn't want another Rasmussen, although I was very happy with its performance. I got an AB900 instead, and I have no regrets. I'd rate them about the same: excellent. Possibly the Rasmussen is a little better on the control side, but I'd say the 900 has more umph in it. If you're planning on getting a Rasmussen make sure you inspect it thoroughly before you buy it... they have QC problems.

11. Bob

Bob Guest

hmm.... it sounds pretty good, thx

12. Pete

Pete Guest

The weight and balance is superb!!! A great all round racquet.

13. Bob

Bob Guest

do you use it mostly for a offensive or defensive role? or is it one of those racquets that can be used for both relatively well?

14. jd

jd Guest

I think it's in China, or somewhere in Asia. Which would explain why here in the Philipines, the 1000's, Rasmussen, and even the newer AS-1 and AS-1T's cost around 100 USD only.

AS-1 and AS-1T (for titanium) are the latest addition to the fold, with a more aerodynamic shaft design. Lost my catalog, so can't post the complete specs. I can look it up if you want to know more about them.

Am happy with my Rasmussen, performs well. More than that, got it half off at some special promo Carlton had back in 1999 !

15. Pete

Pete Guest

I use it for both.

16. carltex

carltex Regular Member

its was really made at china and good quality.