Sintec or Yonex?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by w0shic0w, Feb 25, 2006.

1. w0shic0w

w0shic0w Regular Member

Hi everyone,
    Im new to this forum and hope to get some advice from u guys.
    I was just wondering, i heard frm friends that Sintec has a new line of racquets called the NanoPower or something that can have tensions of up to 30lbs~32lbs.
    And it is also quite cheaply priced at around 100 or less. Im planning to buy a new racquet and am unsure which to pick. I see that yonex has a similar one the nanospeed 6000, 8000 & 9000 ut the tensions can go oni up to abt 25? or 26? if im not wrong. The price is also more costly. Im sorry if im wrong on the abv information as i am not so into yonex and sintec racquets.(my friends usually pass me their unused ones =D)
    Thx for yr help, kindly appreciated!

2. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

Well, as can be seen from other threads on this forum, the professional players string their Yonex racquets @ 30/32 lbs without any problems. I really don't think maximum string tension will be a problem for players of our non-professional level. I mean, except for a few nutters (you know who you are!), most of us don't string higher than 26 lbs, I suspect.

3. w0shic0w

w0shic0w Regular Member

I see, so no matter how good yr lvl of skill is, no sensible person should string their racquets abv 26? Is that what u are saying? Or isit just that it is not ADVISIBLE to string it abv 26? I still do not know what racquet to pick from abv, hopefully a singaporean can help me on this as Sintec is a singapore brand.

4. dnaxe

dnaxe Regular Member

why do you want to string it at such a high tension anyhow? What exactly is it that you're hoping to achieve?

5. w0shic0w

w0shic0w Regular Member

No im not planning to string to that tension. Im just asking, If i were to string, i would string to 23 lbs oni or 25 max. Im just purely asking coz im curious.

6. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

there's another thread that explains the virtues of higher tensions, but generally, unless you're pretty darn good, and i mean say top 5% of players, stringing above 26 is rare ...

7. LongReach

LongReach Regular Member

Electronics Tech, Badminton Junkie!

I absolutly agree! To the guy who started this thread.

Do not get caught up in the 'High tension hype' on this site. It seems stringing over 25-26lbs on this site is seen as a macho thing. Somewhere in between 20-25lbs is normal. Just because professionals string at that doesn't mean it will be better for the beginner-advanced player in 15 years of playing never have I strung over 25lbs it makes your racket feel like it is made of solid steel and lacks power. Pros do it because they have heaps of power and the hight tension gives them the accuracy under hard hits. A less than pro player i doubt will benefit from these high tensions..........it might give you better placement and accuracy but if you can't clear far or lift far as there is not much power in your swing to use high tension............then most of your opponents will slaughter you.

8. w0shic0w

w0shic0w Regular Member

I get what u mean on this high tension hype thingy. Im just curious abt all those tensions as i usually either dont know the tensions of my racquets or i dont bother finding out. So im just here asking.

9. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    i smell advertisement on sintec to put beside yonex :rolleyes:

given higher tension recommandation is just a marketing hype with a trade off of more defect returns from customers for smaller companies

we all know yonex can be strung @ higher than 30, yonex doesn't do it just to bully on us to avoid warranty problems w/ stringers and/or boarderline defects

just like cpu, given the same core, they have different speed rating due to the quality of it, some lower-rated cpu can overclock like no tomorrow but many of them will burned if you overclock just a bit

10. LongReach

LongReach Regular Member

Electronics Tech, Badminton Junkie!
    Well just for curiousity ........I hear most yonex can be strung around 30lbs.

I have never tested it......but have played with a racket of mine strung to 28lbs....a SOTX Woven6....... it is a very strong racket......it played like crap though at that tention......used that racket to experiment with high tensions as it is garanteed to 30lbs.....I did find tho that the racket played well a 24-25lbs which is high tension for me.......but the shaft on this racket is pretty flexible compared to yonex and seemed to 'LOAD' up the shaft well to generate power.

11. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    depends on your budget. If you dont want to pay alot like ard $150 or more, then you try sintec (not here to promote them) though most of them are just another clone. Their nano series quite gd interms of the feel compare to apacs nano series. They Just recently launch another 2 new racket. Nano White & Dream Silver, both of them are their own series.

12. ShineSunBack

ShineSunBack Regular Member

nuh uh

WiLson is still the best in terms of weight and strength.the lightest racquet i have 80 grams and its titanium.

13. dnaxe

dnaxe Regular Member

there are plenty of rackets less than 80 grams unstrung.

14. w0shic0w

w0shic0w Regular Member

Thanks for yr advice.
    So lemme sumarise, so what u are saying is Sintec racquets are cheap and not bad compared to apacs, and the diff between sintec and yonex is? Price right? What abt material wise? I mean honestly u are also paying higher for the brand yonex. Im not supporting any racquet im just trying to get the facts right. It also doesnt always mean the more expensive is better lyk a branded Nike shirt is made of cotton cost $100 while actually the cost of the cotton shirt is oni $10 and im paying $90 for the brand. So pls advise me on which to pick. My budget is below $150.

15. Sintec

Sintec Regular Member

I'm Sintec. But I dun advise you to get sintec, they specify their racket can hold max 32lbs is actually not very true. Many flymax and sintec rackets break at 25lbs. You know... yonex rackets which are sold in sg can hold max 28lbs most or even lesser, those normal yonex rackets sold here in sg are different from those professional players.... so pls do not compare and say yonex can 30lbs-32lbs. It is so ridiculous for some other countries people to say more than 30lbs for yonex racket.

Or rather I won't say ridiculous, I would say luckly people can strung their yonex racket to 30lbs++ and not break it either in play or after the strung etc etc....

#15 Sintec, Feb 26, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2006
  16. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    we compare yonex against other brand is that 1) yonex is biggest, 2) they set standard, 3)many people use them

assume this is the range of yonex item
    rubbish<----------------------------> good
    yonex:
    **fillers*|------[________]------|
    smaller brands:
    |-------------[_________]---------------|

of cuz some items from smaller brands are good, but it is more risky since you will get an "off-spec" item that shouldn't have allowed to be out in the market:rolleyes:

sure yonex will have defects, but in general, their QC is well done relatively

#16 hydrocyanic, Feb 26, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2006
  17. w0shic0w

w0shic0w Regular Member

Ok then thx for yr advice Sintec. At least i hear it from a person who uses or knows abt Sintec. So can u advise me what is of similar range AND abt the same in price(arnd $150) racquet which can be strung to 25 lbs and not break. Since u guys are talking on the subject Yonex racquets, what are the models that are similar to the Sintec Nanopower series. The yonex nanospeed range? The price diff is quite alot, $100 diff.

18. dnaxe

dnaxe Regular Member

why don't you pick neither yonex nor sintec, and get the current top range of wilson rackets, which is:

1. a known brand
    2. uses nano-tech (for what that's worth)
    3. cost under 100 (n-code N2, N4, N6: depending on the specific qualities you're looking for, i.e. stiffness/flexibility, balance point.)

Both yonex and sintec fail 1 and 2 if they are to pass 3. Having been used to a n80 for most of my play I can also assure you that it won't cause you to lose.

(i've also used the MP30, Ti-6 long, Ti-5, Ti Swing Power, MP99 and Nanospeed 8000; of this list I definitely prefer the nanospeed 8000, and all the rest seem more powerful *cough* but then again the N80 is a flex racket which was probably a bad idea.)

(Note that i wouldn't change to the rackets except the nanospeed 8000, because they are not definitively better and I would have to get used to it.)

19. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

lots of racquets could potentially be comparable, based on specifications, weight and balance, frame shape, length, are often the primary categories. theres a few other more minor ones...

but the rest is just materials, but honestly, the amounts of special materials like nano carbon, titanium, tungsten are used in such small quantities, its negligible.

its all ad-speak and consumeristic bs :p
    it makes us feel better. and maybe makes the racquet look better.

in the end, most of us can't tell the difference in these little details.
    buy what you like, buy what makes you feel good, buy what is worth your dollar.

theres lots of alternatives out there.
    don't limit yourself with brands unless you've found something you REALLY like. and even then, i'm pretty sure what you like is really the specifications.

20. charzord

charzord Regular Member

Student
    Yonex fail 1 and 2? I thought yonex was the most known brand and the first to use nano. Supposedly. :p