World Team Ranking [Feb. 23 2006]

Discussion in '2006 Tournaments' started by cxytdn, Feb 25, 2006.

1. cxytdn

cxytdn Regular Member

World Team Ranking

By

IBF World Ranking

[Feb. 23 2006]

Attached Files:

2. cxytdn

cxytdn Regular Member

detail

For there are many mistakes in the IBF world ranking of Feb.23 2006, this lists are later than before. Even though the IBF have corrected some mistakes several times shuch as players' NAC etc., there are still some mistakes in the IBF WR, e.g. there should have included those points of TCU Qualification etc.

Attached Files:

3. cxytdn

cxytdn Regular Member

There are still some mistakes in the IBF WR:

Attached Files:

• 111.gif
      111.gif
      File size:
      15.8 KB
      Views:
  4. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I don't know how hard it is for you. But just for fun (and just for this time, or maybe once in a while), could you come up with the rankings (for men's, and maybe women's) for the old Thomas Cup format, ie. 5 singles and 4 doubles.

If it's too hard, forget it.

Yeah, IBF has a lot of cleaning up to do in terms of its website.

5. cxytdn

cxytdn Regular Member

It's not hard at all, I just use MS excel with some formulas to make a template for it. Then the only "hard" thing I have to do is to download the IBF's WR (excel format) weekly and "affix" it on the template.

The old best of 9 format is my favorite, but it's need two days under old point system, maybe can be reused under bout point system, I don't know.

5 singles and 4 doubles are the same thing as 3 singles and 2 doubles to me in fact- just a new template, very easy. But I think it's meaningless for team ranking because we use best of 5 format in TUC now.

6. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I don't mean that you replace the best of 5 rankings. I just mean that in addition to best of 5, once in a while, you could also generate the best of 9.

It may be interesting to put the "best of 5" side-by-side with the "best of 9" to see what situation it may be if we were to use "ancient" rules.

7. Nikimathew

Nikimathew New Member

2006 US Sailing Team Ranking System

US SAILING has determined the ranking system for the 2006 US Sailing Team. Each year, US SAILING names the members of the US Sailing Team based on athletes’ performances at a series of qualifying regattas. The 2006 ranking system names at least two qualifying events for each Olympic class, except for the new Neil Pryde RS:X which has one qualifying event. US SAILING’s 2006 Rolex Miami OCR is a mandatory event for all classes.
    ----------------------
    Nikimathew
    Place your ads here