User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Had anyone thought about the Prince Neo 1000 Spring Tention Pull machine?

http://www.princetennis.com/product/...43&Product=765

it's a bit old style but is sturdy and last a long time. U will be paying for its durability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin
    ...That's exactly what I thought, but from what he said, it sounded like it was more of a problem with the challenger, because the supports are bigger.

If the supports are the same as on Dinkalot's machine (wich is also an Eagnas machine) shown here. It doesn't look like much of a problem to me...
    IMHO, the side supports wouldn't be an issue. Just as Dink said, too. They're "standard" size supports and you can adjust the way you mount the racquet so that they wouldn't block any holes.

Personally, of the two models mentioned, I'd choose the Challenger. Primarily because of the fixed swivel clamps. May be other stringers here who use Eagnas fixed clamp machines can comment on the quality of the clamps.

Crank tensioners are usually a bit faster to use, but if you weigh the pros and cons of that versus the clutch dropweight, I think you'll find that they're equally good.

Speaking of dropweights machines, seeing that you're from the Netherlands, have you looked at Stringway machines? They're the Rolls Royce of dropweight machines and are priced accordingly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    Yep, I looked at it, no doubt a good machine but it only has a 2-point support. For Bad, I feel we need at least a 4-point corner support. I do know quite a few that have been using a 2-point support for years with no problems.
    I see. Techically the machine does have 4 points, 2 at the top and bottom - the picture does not show them well.

The local store I go to uses this machine for badminton rackets.
    Last edited by Matt; 04-16-2006 at 11:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Prince Neo 1000 is great for up to 25 lbs string jobs. If you want anything over 25 lbs, the stringer has to start the cross from the middle.

I see. Techically the machine does have 4 points, 2 at the top and bottom - the picture does not show them well.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should have been more clear, when I said 4-points, I meant one in each corner. Not referring to top and bottom points (2-point).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just curious, now would there be advantage/disadvantages betwen the 2/4/6 points? I've heard various debates reguarding them. Maybe you know DinkAlot?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just curious, now would there be advantage/disadvantages betwen the 2/4/6 points? I've heard various debates reguarding them. Maybe you know DinkAlot?
    May stance: if you string 25lbs. or less, a 2-point (top and bottom) will be OK and the fastest (no blockage during stringing). If higher tension or just to be safer, get a 4-point (four corner) or more stringing machine. This will minimize racket distortion.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May stance: if you string 25lbs. or less, a 2-point (top and bottom) will be OK and the fastest (no blockage during stringing). If higher tension or just to be safer, get a 4-point (four corner) or more stringing machine. This will minimize racket distortion.
    I second what Sir DinkALot say. It is also faster to mount the racquet with a 2 points support than 4 or more. Since I string tennis racquet on my 6 pt machine also, it take extra 5~7 min to change between badminton and tennis mountings.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In theory, 25 lb is the cutting line. If you are experienced and the racket is in good shape, I believe you can even push for 28lb or so on a 2 point machine. However, don't recommended though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a Laserfibre, and I'm not advertising, but I must say the quality of the string job is superb. It's very tight like a Babolat machine would do. The supports could be better but if you use some supergrap and just be very careful, I've handled up to 28lbs without trouble. Because of Laserfibre's patented technology, you don't have to level the dropweight making its speed comparable to a crank machine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Still get to be careful with how fast you drop the weight .

Quote Originally Posted by fishmilk
    I have a Laserfibre, and I'm not advertising, but I must say the quality of the string job is superb. It's very tight like a Babolat machine would do. The supports could be better but if you use some supergrap and just be very careful, I've handled up to 28lbs without trouble. Because of Laserfibre's patented technology, you don't have to level the dropweight making its speed comparable to a crank machine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3