User Tag List

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by surge
    guess is for the little bit of titanium they put at 9 and 3 oclock
    But UHMG is much stronger and stiffer than titanium and placing titanium instead of UHMG at the 3 and 9 o'clock will make the racquet's torque and repulsion power worse. Titanium and nickel are normally used to reduce costs and to make the frame softer and more resistant to breakage from clashes, as seen in the Amortec series.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    But UHMG is much stronger and stiffer than titanium and placing titanium instead of UHMG at the 3 and 9 o'clock will make the racquet's torque and repulsion power worse. Titanium and nickel are normally used to reduce costs and to make the frame softer and more resistant to breakage from clashes, as seen in the Amortec series.
    technically i dunno know very well. but after trying both new/old Ti10, i can say that i now prefer the new Ti10. bottom line is i can hit better with it.

maybe the old Ti10 requires better skill to really take full advantage...for me, i can clear base to base easier w the new Ti10, esp backhand, it gets easier now compared to the old Ti10. i still love my Old Ti10!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't always mean that good materials make better racquets. Sometimes a better design with cheaper materials can produce a better racquet with higher grade materials. AOTBE, better grade materials just make it easier to design a good racquet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My racket has just arrived and I would like to report my Ti-10 balance point. Sorry for the delay.

The balance point of my Ti-10 is exactly 290 mm. So, I think it is still head heavy, but not as head heavy as older batch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your right.
    I bought a couple of the old Ti-10's which were new and unused. I measured the balance point after taking the plastic grip wrapping ( the clear one) and from handle to 299 mm was the balance point.
    these are both date coded as june 2004.
    I felt the new model Ti-10, and it felt very slighty headlighter, and quicker through the air, similer to my N8K.
    I'm going to have a go on it next week, so i'll post my thoughts on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys
    i was looking for a new racket and went down to ranking to buy
    brought the Ti 10
    used it once and even my friends noticed the improved smashing power i had
    they had to play 2 or 3 games with me before they can adjust to the new speed of my shuttle coming down...
    it used to be slow .was using proace racket back then
    but guess need to improve on my wrist strength
    after 2 or 3 returns from smashes my hand seem relentant to move to back to def position..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strange, if the Ti10 is an UHMG (old version) or an HMG (new version), why then is it called the Ti10 (Ti for titanium)?
    Because Yonex want people to stop buying Ti-10's. They are sick and tired of making the same old racket year in year out. All that UHMG makes the racket more costly to make than all their other rackets. If the demand for even the cheaper HMG 'Ti-10' persists, I am sure Yonex will produce a wooden Ti-10 next. This will surely dissuade people from begging to buy more Ti-10's.

The Ti in Ti-10 is to do with the Ti Mesh on the racket head. I don't know if it is this meshing or the UHMG, I have found the racket to be increadibly accurate. Where other rackets would give me wide of the mark by 3 foot, I usually get wide of the mark by 3 inches with a Ti-10. Whatever is the purpose of the ti mesh on Ti-10, as far as I am concerned, it is good stuff and it is working.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the survival rate of mp100 and tisp are no better than average and latter 2 models use UHMG. There are + and - of using UHMG as well.

Yes, it puzzle me why yonex kept the same Ti10 name for a new model that is the totally different from the original Ti-10, look, material, balance point, all different. Wish yonex name it Ti11 or T12 or sometime different than Ti10

I plan to give the new Ti-10 a try. Before I buy, can someone confirm the new Ti10 is long length?
    Last edited by cooler; 02-17-2007 at 01:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    I plan to give the new Ti-10 a try. Before I buy, can someone confirm the new Ti10 is long length?
    yes it is. Its as long as my mp100.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The classic Ti-10 is still available. If you want to try something exotic, that would be the one to go for. The Ti-10 classic and the Ti-8 are the only 2 Yonex rackets with both frame and shaft made from UHMG. Other high end Yonex rackets have their shaft made from HMG with ultimum Ti, such as AT700/800 and MP100. From holding Yonex rackets I string for people, I'd say there's nothing that can be compared with the solid stable feel of the classic Ti-10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoolDoo6
    The classic Ti-10 is still available. If you want to try something exotic, that would be the one to go for. The Ti-10 classic and the Ti-8 are the only 2 Yonex rackets with both frame and shaft made from UHMG. Other high end Yonex rackets have their shaft made from HMG with ultimum Ti, such as AT700/800 and MP100. From holding Yonex rackets I string for people, I'd say there's nothing that can be compared with the solid stable feel of the classic Ti-10.
    i think u should try the new ti10 before saying the classic is the best.
    Currently, there is no hard evidence that the new ti10 has UHMG or not. Yes, no UHMG was labeled on the new ti10 racket itself but my source did has UHMG/HMG written on the new ti10 spec sheet.

Also, when u keep praising your ti10, we don't know which ti10 u r referencing to, your old ti10 or the fake ti10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mei_xavier
    I have, which I why I asked you.

I haven't found a single dealer in North America with the TI-10, the MP-100, or a 3U Carbonex 20 Muscle.
    mei_xavier, if you really want the Ti-10, please send me an email and we can see if we can work something out. daniel_cheuk@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good day every one,
    as far i as know, ti-10 still available in the market. yonex has re-introduce it in the line of model. now, it has new colour scheme than previous stock. ti-10 has a good feel and solid. got ppl string it at 30lbs.... no problem...
    i want to get 1 but it too expensive for me to keep 1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, when u keep praising your ti10, we don't know which ti10 u r referencing to, your old ti10 or the fake ti10.
    Since my fake Ti-10 has UHMG stated on the shaft, I can say even my fake Ti-10 has more UHMG than your yellow Ti-10, if not in reality, then at least in spirit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To bf members, the above sample goes to show you that conversing with CD6 will lead u to a time warp of discussion into another dimension of reality with no ends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe it...I'm getting some stickers and markers...my D600 is going to have UHMG ánd nanocarbon ánd ultimum ti...beat that!

if it doesn't have it in reality, at least it has them in spirit...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoolDoo6
    Since my fake Ti-10 has UHMG stated on the shaft, I can say even my fake Ti-10 has more UHMG than your yellow Ti-10, if not in reality, then at least in spirit.
    don't have my D600 lying around..

the best I coudl do on short notice..

the tension on it is quite in your range actually...
    this baby should have some awesome power!

EDIT: does this now make me a racket-modder, or racket-expert?

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast