String Recommendation

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by JChen99, Mar 1, 2006.

1. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
    Uh... I hope people havnt asked the exact same question before but the search didnt pop anything up.

OK, here's the story.

I've been playing with the BG70Pro for a while now after going around to a few other Yonex strings which inlcuded BG65, BG68Ti, BG70Pro, BG80 BG85 in the range of 25-28lbs. Now while I liked the power and sound from BG85s and BG80s their durability was a bit on the low side(1 week and 1 month on average respectively... but that was about 1-2 yrs ago). For durability I've tried BG65 and left and gone back to it. The problem with this strng is that you can feel NOTHING when you hit. With BG68Ti is that it loses tension too fast. So in the end I've settled for BG70. However when I start playing the string tend to feel a bit on the dead side and it ends up feeling like I need to warm the string up. Now Im not sure if it's just the string or are all strings lik that. (because I dont remember doing that with the BG85 or BG80)

But just for the heck of it Im gonna ask for some string recommendations since it's 5am in the morning and I have trouble sleeping (no it's not insomnia... it's more like jet lag from staying up late doing lab reports these last few days)... That and I've just ran out of all strings. And since Im most familiar with the strhing, Im gonna use BG70Pro as a standard.

Im looking for something that has the same gauge of BG70Pro or slightly thinner, while providing similar durability (BG70Pro usually lasts me a good 2-3 months of training/playing for about 4-6hrs/week)

Repulsion is not a concern because similar or thinner gauged strings should have similar repulsion... but the price has to be roughly the same (about 5-7CAD/pack from asia... yes Im a poor student still -_-") I AM LOOKING FOR MORE FEEL (if possible)

No brand restriction, only concern is availibility of the string in Asia... mainly Taiwan or here in Canada if it's a must ( I still have a few rackets on hand with strings so it'll last me a few months if I decrease my playing time)

So, after reading though that gibberish... Suggestions anyone? :D

#1 JChen99, Mar 1, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2006
  2. Coo1Doob

Coo1Doob Regular Member

Personally I found the Ashaway MicroLegendXL being more powerful than all the yonex strings (including BG66Sharp) I have tried. However I only use this string at ultra low tension of 15+16LB. I would recommend people trying out the top end Ashaway strings. The rather poor looking Ashaway website doesn't do their superb products justice.

3. LongReach

LongReach Regular Member

Electronics Tech, Badminton Junkie!

Is the Ashaway MicrolegendXL a 'grippy' string or slippery..........thinking of trying that one!

4. Coo1Doob

Coo1Doob Regular Member

It started oily and now it's very dry. I don't do chops and slices much. Not sure how the string would perform in these type of shots. But the Ashaway PowerGut string is designed to be grippy.

5. LongReach

LongReach Regular Member

Electronics Tech, Badminton Junkie!

Ahhh i see! thanks for the tip......Will have to see if I can get that here.

Cheers