Ontario high school baddy!

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by cgote16, Mar 1, 2006.

1. cgote16

cgote16 Regular Member

student/ breeder
    hey guys, high school tournys r fast approching, my school is doing tryouts right now, any players to watch out for? any of u thinken u have a good shot at OFFSA....i went last year in New market..this year is Timmons, apparently one of the best OFFSA Badminton holders (besides ajax of coarse;) lol), anyways i play in LASSA ...where u guys play and what high school....and o ya GOOD LUCK!!!

2. richievuong

richievuong Regular Member

Student
    Hey cgote, you can discuss OFSAA in the Places to Play->Canada East section, we got quite a couple OFSAA hopefuls posting there. I play in the YRDSB region...dont expect to make OFSAA this year...especially in Mens doubles lol

3. calfunz

calfunz Regular Member

student
    i play mens doubles!!!!hope to make it this year since we won the western ontario last year....in juniors...if not next year forshure:rolleyes: .....TVRAA....thames valley regional athletic association.....then go to wossaa...western ontario somethinge somethinge athletic association?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. xkenji

xkenji Regular Member

my high school team started 2 weeks ago, i got in of course, used to play in vancouver with Richiard Liang (spelling?), anyways he was the best junior in BC and he was from my school and god dam he was good, think he's on the national team, not sure if any1 even knows him tho

Anyways so i moved to toronto and supposedly this person on my team is supposed to be 4th in the city, havent played him yet but will soon, I myself am alright but my height is a bad disadvantage, singles player that need some practice and a better racket

5. cgote16

cgote16 Regular Member

student/ breeder
    whats the #4 players name?

6. xkenji

xkenji Regular Member

not sure i'll get back to you after the march break is over, only thing i know is that he is a brown and tall guy, and lives in brampton, grade 12 i believe

7. ploppers

ploppers Regular Member

Ahhh, I know who he is...forgot the name though. He's ok with plastic I guess.

8. MikeD

MikeD Regular Member

Landscaper During Summer
    Yay OFSAA!

Yes, Ofssa is in Timmins this year :( (its close enough to sudbury)... can't win them all. Anyway, im hoping to see some strong contenders.. hopefully I'll go as the #1 from Nossa In Mens Doubles.

9. cgote16

cgote16 Regular Member

student/ breeder
    awsome!...ya i believe im playing doubles as well, maybe we'll play u, but take it easy on me plzz..i just sprained my ankle a few days ago playen baddy

10. Trance

Trance Regular Member

Student ;)
    Tough competitors for OFSAA... I just wish I could even make it to that level. Damn YRAA has too many good players ahah. :eek:

11. xkenji

xkenji Regular Member

just moved here so not sure wat tourney im going into but im hoping to play singles, i can easily say im at least top 3 in my team, havent played the other 2 guys i think are above me yet so maybe im even better than top 3

12. cgote16

cgote16 Regular Member

student/ breeder

lol ya ur ones a toughy...do u have ramond wong in urs?

13. Trance

Trance Regular Member

Student ;)
    Yeah raymond wong is from YRAA, but I think he graduated. Unless of course he stayed back...

14. cgote16

cgote16 Regular Member

student/ breeder
    haha tru..well ya ur right ur region is hard..u guys sat infront of us in the opening ceramonies last year, and at that time i had only been playing for a year and a half so i was in awww when i saw them lol...btw that all changed this year:cool:

15. jonjon_cbc89

jonjon_cbc89 Regular Member

student
    we had our tourny for rd 1 yesturday, and i saw raymond wong play, he is too amazing, good luck to all other singles players, and he did stay back one year.

16. cgote16

cgote16 Regular Member

student/ breeder
    personaly i dont like the way ramond playes..i think hes a show off and compared to ontario (not high school) hes not that good, in fact i havent seen him win any big games in the last 2 years...he got beet in the finals of offsaa last year. and this year i havent even heard of him.. oh well

17. Jus_anothr_grl

Jus_anothr_grl Regular Member

student
    Raymond DID get into the finals at the adult Ontario A Championships. But hey, I guess that's not "big" enough for you. And he did win the Ontario Jr. Championship in 2005...but I guess that's just a small win too. :rolleyes:

Anyway, if all goes well and many of the juniors don't play the nationals, I think CISAA (Independent schools league) will dominate once again like it did last year. I personally thought that the CISAA team was more stacked than the YRAA team last year. In every event, the CISAA league had at least one player/team that was seeded and CISAA went to the A flight podium for every event and came in the Top 3 each time. Checxk the stats, it's all there: http://www.sirwilliammulock.ss.yrdsb.edu.on.ca/ofsaa/index.htm

Not too bad for the first time underdog if you ask me. CISAA was still missing a few of the top players in the province and country in 2005 too.

#17 Jus_anothr_grl, Mar 29, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2006
  18. cgote16

cgote16 Regular Member

student/ breeder
    ok u got me, hes ok, but i guess im just frusterated that he hasnt been to any HP tourny this year (at least the few iv been too) but i can assure u he wont win the ontarios....i bet alex stevens will

19. Jus_anothr_grl

Jus_anothr_grl Regular Member

student
    He hasn't been to many HP's this year because he wanted to concentrate on nationals and I GUESS (not sure at all) that he might have felt that he was overplayed last year.

And yes, Alex has been on fire this year. He went to my high school. I hope he wins OFSAA this year. He got sick last year and didn't finish the tournament. Otherwise, there would've probably been another CISAA member on the podium for Boys A Flight Singles.

20. CrazyChinaman

CrazyChinaman Regular Member

LOLZ...it makes me laugh at the fact tht u dun fink raymond is a gd player...hav u played him?!...u wuldnt kno...YAH i'll admit he fools around too much...but he wun try unless he is losing or has a match...i've personally had the pleasure of playin him...and he was on tilt when he realized he was losing by a lot...anywayz...he has played a few tourneys this year...and SADLY i find it ridiculous tht he is bak in hs still playing again...:confused: