stringing machine

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by TrunkZ69, Apr 15, 2001.

1. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    do you guys think it would be worth it to get a stringing machine? like it saves alot if alot of ppl use it, the only downside i can really see is if you mess up you may break your raquet.......

2. BaMBaM

BaMBaM Guest

I'm considering getting one myself, and ektelon or an eagnas (spelling). I hate it when some stringers give you a pep talk on how much tension you should use for the type of player that I am and how much tension the racquet can hold. One of them said "only pro's string it that high". How should they know what I should use, I'm the one who's playing.

One downside to getting a stringing machine is that all your friends would want to string from you. A friend of mine told me of this dilema of his. He also said that you'll restring often if you have one because if you're not playing the way you want to play you'll want to restring your racquet again.

3. harry

harry Guest

I think it would be a great idea to get a stringing machine is you know how to string and have the money and time but like bambam said, everyone would start bring their rackets to you.....

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Charge for the service and get the investment back.
    How much is it for stringing in your area?
    How many racquets would it take to recoup the cost of the machine?

Kwun wasn't too hot about the Eagnas, if I remember correctly

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    ektelon is way better if u could afford it.

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    or Alpha.

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

yonex has stringing machines too.

8. LL

LL Guest

I had a stringing machine for a while.....charged all the high school kids 15 bucks for a generic syn gut string and $20 for BG65........the local badminton stringing at the sports store charged 25....oh yeah....$10 if you had your own string....I had an Eagnas machine....very good.... i had no complaints....drop weight system....I believe it there is nothing more accurate than gravity in pulling tension...am I not right....heeheee.

9. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    well, im gonna split it with like 3 other friends, and i dont think we are gonna tell anyone about it. possibly the ppl at our school, maybe to get a little uh you know pocket change. hehe but whats a good brand? and how are you suppose to string it, or does it come with like DETAILED instructions?

10. harry

harry Guest

how much are stringing machines in canadian$ ?
    i just know that stringing at my area is around 10 to 17 if you have your own strings and i live at canada, toronto ONT

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i would guess between 200 C$ to 4000 C$ for an electronic one.

12. Kenny

Kenny Guest

A KLIPPERMATE M-140 costs USD 145 plus USD 50 shipping plus CND 30 taxes. That totals to about CND 330, not a bad price for the quality of the machine. It comes with all stringing tools and an instruction manual to get you started. The machine is fully assembled ready for use and is covered by a lifetime guarantee.

You could order this from www.klipperusa.com or www.badmintonwarehouse.com. I have purchased one recently and is quite happy overall except for the plastic clamps....a racquet can slip out of position if you don't apply enough pressure. I solved this problem by cutting up some leather pieces to size and stuck them on to the clamps, now I have a quality machine that is inexpensive.