User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 63
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Help here please! Info on this Victor ATB Racquet!

    Alright, i ordered it, the reason why i did and i dont know how good it is, is because Victor is a great racquet company, and my first racquet was a Victor New Zenith and never let me down, for 7 years!! So i need some info on this racquet, i need to know what you guys think, and what are your feedbacks.

    http://www.badmintonwarehouse.com/s....it.A/id.204/.f

    Thanks again!

    Best Regards,

    Kevin
    Last edited by Blade; 01-27-2006 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Link Fixed

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    surrey, england
    Posts
    878
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post

    i think the racket looks very nice, and is a great price, the case looks good too. i don't know how beneficial that little bar at the bottom of the thread would be though

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default x

    Quote Originally Posted by lindanfan
    i think the racket looks very nice, and is a great price, the case looks good too. i don't know how beneficial that little bar at the bottom of the thread would be though
    Its an anti torsion bridge (ATB), thus, decreasing the string vibration by alot when you hit the shuttle.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    surrey, england
    Posts
    878
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Blade
    Its an anti torsion bridge (ATB), thus, decreasing the string vibration by alot when you hit the shuttle.
    is this the first racket to encourporate an ATB?

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default x

    Quote Originally Posted by lindanfan
    is this the first racket to encourporate an ATB?
    Yes it is, one of Victor's finest innovation. here, il quote what they said:

    Real pioneering new devolpment of rackets which last historically long, like the transition of wood to carbon are rare.

    ATB is new, ATB is pioneering and "is obliged" to succeed quickly worldwide because of its physical clearly, visible superiority. The ATB bridge stops torsion completely due to basic "mechanical-laws". Stringing possibilities are now at its utmost. The stiffness finally enables you to hit all balls precisely as a machine. Strings going through the bridge enhancing the precision and control, but also the trampoline effect and power as well as a so far never really achievd "vibrationdamping" in badminton sport. The hit sounds deep and clear.

    www.victor-sport.de (Germany)

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    surrey, england
    Posts
    878
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Blade
    Yes it is, one of Victor's finest innovation. here, il quote what they said:

    Real pioneering new devolpment of rackets which last historically long, like the transition of wood to carbon are rare.

    ATB is new, ATB is pioneering and "is obliged" to succeed quickly worldwide because of its physical clearly, visible superiority. The ATB bridge stops torsion completely due to basic "mechanical-laws". Stringing possibilities are now at its utmost. The stiffness finally enables you to hit all balls precisely as a machine. Strings going through the bridge enhancing the precision and control, but also the trampoline effect and power as well as a so far never really achievd "vibrationdamping" in badminton sport. The hit sounds deep and clear.

    www.victor-sport.de (Germany)
    what string tension can it hold? from victor's little speech t sounds like it can take high tensions

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default x

    Quote Originally Posted by lindanfan
    what string tension can it hold? from victor's little speech t sounds like it can take high tensions
    Yes it can hold tensions to the extremes, but i am not sure about tensions...im a newbie when it comes to tensions, if you could be kind to explain, or on the other thread of Best Strings...i would know more =) Thanks

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    surrey, england
    Posts
    878
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Blade
    Yes it can hold tensions to the extremes, but i am not sure about tensions...im a newbie when it comes to tensions, if you could be kind to explain, or on the other thread of Best Strings...i would know more =) Thanks
    when you say extremes... what is it's maximum tension?

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default x

    Quote Originally Posted by lindanfan
    when you say extremes... what is it's maximum tension?
    I just told you i dont know **** about tensions

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    surrey, england
    Posts
    878
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Blade
    I just told you i dont know **** about tensions
    the maximum stringing tension = highest tension a racket can take (recommened by manufactuer)

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default x

    Quote Originally Posted by lindanfan
    the maximum stringing tension = highest tension a racket can take (recommened by manufactuer)
    But how come people say 24lbs sounds good?

    isnt 30lbs better?

    (i gotta go il reply tomorow morning)

    thanks again

    Kevin

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    surrey, england
    Posts
    878
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Blade
    But how come people say 24lbs sounds good?

    isnt 30lbs better?

    (i gotta go il reply tomorow morning)

    thanks again

    Kevin
    if your using a tension of 30lbs and your inexpierienced:
    1. you will break strings more often
    2. not be able to generate much power, because the sweet spot is smaller

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lindanfan
    if your using a tension of 30lbs and your inexpierienced:
    1. you will break strings more often
    2. not be able to generate much power, because the sweet spot is smaller
    3. Easier to get injuried.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    surrey, england
    Posts
    878
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    3. Easier to get injuried.
    how bad are the injurys from it?

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default x

    Quote Originally Posted by lindanfan
    how bad are the injurys from it?
    Ok please explain why those 3 reasons...i still dont get it, explain to me like i was a newb

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    surrey, england
    Posts
    878
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Blade
    Ok please explain why those 3 reasons...i still dont get it, explain to me like i was a newb
    1. string breaks quickly when you have a higher tension because the tighter the string the more stress on it causing it to snap quicker.
    2. the higher the tension the smaller the sweetspot becomes, but when you hit the sweet spot you get far better accuracy. this is why pro's use higher tensions because they can generate enough power and they can hit the sweetspot nealry every time
    3. your arm/shoulder will become injured if you suddenely start using a far higher tension because you have to put more effort into each shot to generate the same power

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Since the ATB will make the string bed even stiffer, I would rather suggest u to go maybe 1-2 lb less than ur normal tension range. Or, to be safe, don't go with the ATB feature.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Gosen racquet info
    By practicer in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 4
    : 04-05-2007, 12:50 AM
  2. Need info on cracked racquet
    By Blade in forum Broken Rackets
    Replies: 13
    : 05-25-2006, 10:30 AM
  3. Info about different racquet materials
    By Stalker in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 0
    : 10-27-2002, 07:48 AM
  4. Racquet info/help
    By Hugo in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 0
    : 04-21-2002, 09:01 PM
  5. Racquet info
    By C eh N eh D eh in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 1
    : 03-16-2002, 01:05 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •