some simple drills for high students

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Bullet14, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Bullet14

Bullet14 New Member

does anyone have some simple drills whether it be running drills or shot drills.thanks in advance

2. cgote16

cgote16 Regular Member

student/ breeder
    hey, with high school student's u must start slow and with basic shots. Show them the proper grip first..and let them hit the shuttle around...and nothing to fancy, the students well get frusterated and be scared off... We start with basic foot work (the four corners) in slow motion. also standing drops/smash/clear is very good ..have your more experience players or yourself to feed around 24 birds, the student will stand on the back line and with out moving hit 24 drops etc.. this assurs the student doesnt wory about his/her feet but rather the shot and the proper stroke. My last note is to make things fun, badminton can be very frusterating to start, give them time.

ps. if u look at my profile and find out that im a high school student myself, and ask how does he know this, well im a Co-op student at a local elementery school, i teach gym there . also my coach coaches too teams and somtimes the practices colide so i have to run practice, just thought id let u know lol ;)