Best String

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Byro-Nenium, Apr 16, 2001.

1. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    What is the best string for explosive power?

I'm currently using the Ti-10 with BG-65 Ti at 26lbs.

thanx for all replies

2. ari

ari Guest

bg 68ti is recommended smashing power and bg 85 for more repulsion

3. May

May Guest

What's repulsion????? I use BG 85.

4. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Re: Best String ??

Actually this is something I can't understand. I've used BG65-Ti, BG68-Ti and BG75-Ti before, and all of them were strung at 24 lbs. Honest speaking, I found none of these strings is good for smash and clear, when compare with BG85 (my favorite string, I usually strung it for at least 24 lbs, up to 28 lbs). I need to hit the shuttle harder in order to generate the same amount of power with these titanium strings.

The only alternative I've found so far is BG66, however since I haven't tried it at high tension (I've tried it at ~22 lbs, it gives quite a good feeling), I can't conclude at this moment (BG66 is recommended by one of my coaches).

BG80 is close to BG85, but I prefer to get "better" string with even higher cost (BG80 is more durable).

Finally, I think there is no such thing called "best string", it really depends on individual's style and preference.

5. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Re: Best String ??

Thats what i was after, personal preference and opinions. I wanted to see what other people thought about the strings. If you ask me, i find that the BG-65 Ti is the best suitable string for me. I've tried the BG-80 and i think its less powerful that the Ti string. Its the only Ti string i've tried. Its my fav and in my opinion, the best string

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Yes, I would like to know as well.

7. Eric

Eric Guest

In my opinion the BG66 offers the most "power" but then you can break these things in like 2 weeks, its like playing with those carlton strings but stronger. In my opinion though I think the BG80 and 85 are stronger than the 65ti. The ti doesnt seem much better than the regular 65, in fact I prefer the regular 65 to the ti, the regular one seems to give me more control.

8. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    hmm whats a good string for PURE SMASHING?
    I'm planning to get a prince axis racquet and i hear they can only accept .2 guage strings....would bg65 suit the .2 guage requirement?

9. AF

AF Guest

String,

I have used many strings over the years, in my high school days, I enjoyed using Babolat UFO strings and Gosen Hy Sheep. These strings I found would hold tension better than the strings of today which mostly have a protective coating for shelf life and seem to slip alot.

I have never been a fan of Yonex strings. I detest BG65, useless string unless you are looking for durability. In college I used BG 70 Pro, cause it was free and it was pretty good for smashing. The only strings of Yonex that I like nowadays is BG95 (on my Cab 8 TI) and BG66.

Nowadays, I still have my reel of Gosen Hy Sheep. Since I have moved on to enjoying feather shuttles, I currently enjoy using Gosen Tec Gut Tour and Ashaway Microlegend XL. I string my racquets at about 24lbs.

AF

10. Eric

Eric Guest

I dont think yonex strings are able to be used with Prince. If I remember correctly my friend tried to get his prince strung with bg70 but that string was too thin.

11. Kenny

Kenny Guest

May

In the English Dictionary, 'repulse' means 'repel'. I noticed you have used the word 'repellent' for the same purpose.

12. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Pardon me, but that's pure BS. I used both BG65 and BG80 (and some Ashaway string) on my old Prince Response. It was just fine. I just strung it about 2-3 lbs harder than I would any other racquet to get about the same feel.

I don't understand all the myths and misconceptions that seem to surround Prince badminton racquets. In my opinion the Y-joint shape is different, but excellent once you get used to it.

13. May

May Guest

oh k. thanx.

14. Abe

Abe Guest

I agree with Eric.

If you can afford to restring everytwo weeks then BG-66 IS the best.
    At high tensions you get lotsa power and also a good amount of control at the
    same time. Slicing also seems easier.

The other string that does this (although still not as well as the 66) is BG-85,
    (which has already received alotta good comments)

I am using a Ti-10 with a BG-65 for the moment simply because of its durability.
    (Honestly, I don't think I can afford to restring every 2-3 weeks hahah)

I find that Ti strings simly dont have that..er.. punch compared with normal ones
    but the last way longer though (at the same time keep the tension pretty well)

You might wanna consider the way the racket is strung, cause I have come across afew patterns of stringing.
    Can anyone get back to me on this?

15. Don

Don Regular Member

OT: Pricing in CAD

I've been using bg 70 for years with plastic birds and bg 80 for feathers. I have nothing to complain thus far with bg 80, but in the last 6 months, i've been breaking strings on my bg 70 like almost every other week. I've played with bg 65 and liked it to a certain extent, but liked bg 70 more. How is bg-65 ti in retrospect to bg-70? and cost wise in CAD. I'm more concerned with feel that I never got out of bg 65. Power isn't a problem, since I get the same amount of power out of every string I've played with.

16. Eric

Eric Guest

Ok. Mag was correct you can string the prince with yonex string. I checked with my local stringer yesterday and they said it could be strung with yonex string but that its against their recommendation to string it with yonex since the string itself is thin, so the big spacing between strings on the prince racket will cause the string to break faster. So, it's not covered but their string warranty.

17. May

May Guest

Ok, u guys say that if u want to use BG66, use it only if u have the money to restring it every 2 weeks. But how many hours do u play each week????? I play abt 5.

18. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I've exactly the same feeling on Yonex Ti strings as you, even though there are some people said that they are good. Even for BG75Ti which is advertised as a string designed for offense, I still find that I can smash harder with BG85 (or probably BG66).

19. Eric

Eric Guest

Well, I play about 24 hours a week when season starts and only about 5 when it ends.

20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    24 hours? that's 3+ hours a day. are you a pro?