badminton stores in/near toronto

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Akirika, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Akirika

Akirika Regular Member

hi, i was wondering if there are any badminton stores in or near toronto. please give address and your opinion on the store. such as price and customer service. im especially interested in stores that can string for me.

2. cgote16

cgote16 Regular Member

student/ breeder
    Browns is a great store for badminton...its located downtown, but heres the catch , i kinda for got the address but u can look it up for sure.. it strings racquets for a good price and good costomer service

3. 01paradox

01paradox New Member

4. D-man2005

D-man2005 Regular Member

Toronto Area Badminton Stores

Here are a list of stores and pro shops in the Toronto Area. Check each website to find out the cost to string your racquet.

Yo's Badminton & Tennis
    3255 Hwy 7,
    Markham, ON
    L3R 3P9
    Tel. 905-474-5711
    www.yos.ca (Having Problems accessing the web site.)
    Yo's uses the four knot method and skips the second cross from the bottom as his stringing signature. He is an experienced stringer and I am always satisfied with his work. He is always seen stringing racquets and always has many customers. Racquests are strung on time and always ready on the date that you requested. I get my racquets strung with him when I am in the area. When purchasing a racquet frame, BG 65 string job comes free with purchase.

Winning Cycle & Sports,
    4271 Sheppard Ave.E.,
    Unit 8, Scarborough, ON
    M1S 4G4
    Tel. 416-298-1773
    www.winningbadminton.com
    Winning Cycle also uses four knot method and always does a excellent job. He is also an experienced stringer. Racquest are always ready on the date of request. I get racquests strung with him more now since he is closer to were I work. When purchasing a racquet frame, BG 65 string job comes free with purchase.

Lee's Badminton
    80E Centurian Drive,
    Unit 6-9, Markham, ON
    L3R 8C1
    Tel. 905-940-0703
    www.leesbadminton.ca
    I have not tried getting my racquests strung at Lee's yet because I am currently happy with my current stringers. I have purchased racquets from Lee's, their racquets do not come with free stringing. Stringing a frame is an extra cost.

Mandarin Badminton
    500 Ensa Park Drive,
    Unit 8, Markham, ON
    L3R 1H5
    Tel. 905-940-0600
    www.mandarinbadminton.com
    I have not tried getting my racquests strung at Mandarin's yet because I am currently happy with my current stringers. I haven't purchased racquets from their pro shop so I do not know what stringing method they use.

Brown's Sports & Cycle
    2447 Bloor St. West
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada M6S-1P7
    Tel. 416-763-4176
    www.brownssports.com
    I have not tried getting my racquests strung at Brown's yet because I am currently happy with my current stringers. I haven't purchased racquets from this store. My brother got his racquet strung there and they use the two knot method. My brother said that he didn't like the way they strung his racquet and ended up cutting the strings and getting it re-strung and one of the other stores mentioned above. The cost is a little on the expensive side compared to the other stores.

Hope this information helps,

Regards,

Don

#4 D-man2005, Mar 5, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2006
  5. event

event Regular Member

I'm not sure whether you mean only the stringing cost. The racquet costs seem to be competitive on some models and not on others. One advantage is that they have their price list online. The only cheaper price on the Victor Super Nano that I've seen is an online shop in Taiwan. Cheaper than Korea by a whopping C$70! Sorry, no other experience with Toronto shops.

6. D-man2005

D-man2005 Regular Member

Sorry, I should have specified.

Hello Event,

You are correct that the prices for the racquets are good and competitive. I was talking about the cost to restring a racquet. For example the following prices for a racquet restring with the indicated string: Lee's charges $18 for BG 65, Yo's charges $19 for BG 65, Winning charges $19.50 for BG 65 all tax included and Brown's charges $20 for BG 65 (I'm not sure if the tax and service fee are included in the price. Can someone please verify?)

Regards,

Don

P.S. I think this thread is in the wrong place, could it be moved. Thanks in advance.:)

#6 D-man2005, Mar 6, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2006
  7. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    It costs 15 dollars to string, but if you choose bg65, which they have plenty of, they'll only charge you 20 for string and service.

8. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    which one of these stores have the best prices and the best stringer?

9. D-man2005

D-man2005 Regular Member

Best Stringers.

Only tried Yo's and Winning Cycle and Badminton. Both are excellent stringers and are always busy stringing customers racquets. The turn over time is quite reasonable. I personally never had any problems with either stringer.

Do a search for Lee's and Brown's stringing. There are both pro's and con's posts about their service. It will be up to you to decide, I have no comments on their abilities since I have not used their services.

Cheers,

Don

10. spinner

spinner Regular Member

ruler of the free world
    does anyone know where to get your racquet strung in mississauga/oakville/ burlington

11. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

really good thing about winning cycle is that their prices include tax. so some stuff are actually cheapter then Brown's

12. asphyxiate

asphyxiate Regular Member

There's also a newish place on Yonge between Finch and NY Centre. Don't know what its called but its on the east side of Yonge.. Their prices for everything are much lower than if you went to either Lee's or Mandarin.

13. chubbzz

chubbzz Regular Member

Oh, how interesting. I'm going to go check it out this weekend. :)

14. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

and if you do, please post the store name/ exact location and if they have webiste site adress too

15. chanman87

chanman87 Regular Member

Banker
    i dont go to winning anymore cause they are overpriced and cant sting for beans....
    i got my frined's 2 Ti10's strung with bg65 @ 18lbs there and both snapped within 2 hours of play after stringing....

go to YO's .....very good stringer for the past 5 years and counting for me personally.....
    get all my stuff there other than clothing which i cna't find the ones i want....(LIN DAN Team China shirt) hahahahha

16. chubbzz

chubbzz Regular Member

hehe As requested:

Racquets Warehouse Canada
    5 Northtown Way, Unit #7 [5383 Yonge St]
    Toronto ON
    Canada M2N 7A1
    Telephone: 416-229-0229
    Fax: 416-229-0129

If you're taking transit, then just get off at North York Centre station. Take the stairs that lead to the east side of Yonge St. and walk a few blocks north.

17. taumax

taumax Regular Member

Engineer
    I have had my racquet strung by YO's, Winning Cycle, and Lee's.

They are all competent strings and do a good job.
    However, in terms of customer service and friendliness, I would recommend Winning cycle.

I find, if you don't speak Cantonese, Yo and Lee give you attitude.

18. chubbzz

chubbzz Regular Member

I agree. Winning Cycle is definitely very friendly. :)

Oh, and by the way, be careful with Racquets Warehouse. Not everything has tax included. I was in a rush and bought some grip from them. The tag was 8.95 (which is already pretty expensive for yonex supergrap). I thought tax was included but it wasn't so my total came to around $10. :(

19. disney.babies

disney.babies Regular Member

student
    hey do any of you guys know when Yo's open on weekdays plan to buy a racket there on but don't want to go their and the store not opened..

thanks

20. chessymonkey

chessymonkey Regular Member

comp tech
    Yo's is off on Tue if my memory serve me right
    better yet, call him , i'll pm u his #