User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Difference between cheaper and more expensive shoes?

I want to buy SHB-99's but my parents want me to get SHB-50's. The price difference in the cheapest prices I can find online is only $15. However, my parents are skeptical as to if it really matters. They're convinced the only difference is that SHB-99's will be lighter. I've had friends tell me that they're able to change direction and explode in a direction faster than with SHB-50's. I don't know what the real differences are between these two pairs of shoes, but if someone could help me that would be greatly appreciated. I need to know how the shoes are better and how physically it does so. Like say for example you say "They allow you to change direction and explode in a direction faster." Then you'd need to explain what part of the shoe does this or whatever. Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You also need to ask your friends how long the shoes last for before breaking up. In the past, I got very fed up of Yonex shoes because for me, they start breaking up in 3 months!! (didn't really like the grip of the shoe on the floor as well)

I use Mizuno shoes now and they are fantastic. Last longer as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

better rear support? sure shb50 and 99 are only differ by 15dollars? are we talking gbp? or USD? or CAD?

i think shb-50 is great if you only play on badminton floor, if you play a lot, then getting two pairs is actually better

don't flame me, but sound like peer pressure and fashion are the main reason for 99

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Seriously, good balance and footwork contribute more to speed and change of direction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$15 US dollars. But that was a mistake, I remembered after I made the post that I found a cheaper price for the SHB-50's, so the price difference is actually $30.

I asked some friends about their Yonex shoes, and they all seem to last for a while. Thank you. I am now more concerned with whether or not SHB-99's (or even SHB-98's, though I can get 99's for only $5 more) actually respond better and allow you to change direction fast and stuff.