Difference between cheaper and more expensive shoes?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Stanli, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Stanli

Stanli New Member

I want to buy SHB-99's but my parents want me to get SHB-50's. The price difference in the cheapest prices I can find online is only $15. However, my parents are skeptical as to if it really matters. They're convinced the only difference is that SHB-99's will be lighter. I've had friends tell me that they're able to change direction and explode in a direction faster than with SHB-50's. I don't know what the real differences are between these two pairs of shoes, but if someone could help me that would be greatly appreciated. I need to know how the shoes are better and how physically it does so. Like say for example you say "They allow you to change direction and explode in a direction faster." Then you'd need to explain what part of the shoe does this or whatever. Thanks in advance.

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    You also need to ask your friends how long the shoes last for before breaking up. In the past, I got very fed up of Yonex shoes because for me, they start breaking up in 3 months!! (didn't really like the grip of the shoe on the floor as well)

I use Mizuno shoes now and they are fantastic. Last longer as well.

3. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    better rear support? sure shb50 and 99 are only differ by 15dollars? are we talking gbp? or USD? or CAD?

i think shb-50 is great if you only play on badminton floor, if you play a lot, then getting two pairs is actually better

don't flame me, but sound like peer pressure and fashion are the main reason for 99 :rolleyes:

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Seriously, good balance and footwork contribute more to speed and change of direction.

5. Stanli

Stanli New Member

$15 US dollars. But that was a mistake, I remembered after I made the post that I found a cheaper price for the SHB-50's, so the price difference is actually $30.

I asked some friends about their Yonex shoes, and they all seem to last for a while. Thank you. I am now more concerned with whether or not SHB-99's (or even SHB-98's, though I can get 99's for only $5 more) actually respond better and allow you to change direction fast and stuff.