What good racquets are available $40-60?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by r7racer, Mar 5, 2006.

1. r7racer

r7racer Regular Member

I'm relatively new to the sport and would like to ask what is a good racquet around this price range that would last through intermediate stage and perhaps to the advanced? I play other sports competitvely/tournaments and such, and know that some low end equipment only goes so far. I guess I'm looking for the low end stuff that will last. Or the cheapest of the best, if you know what I mean.
    I plan to be slightly more offensive than allround if that helps at all.
    Oh, and please let me know where I would be able to buy it online, hopefully in the US.
    thanks in advance for all the help

2. pb_aznstyle

pb_aznstyle Regular Member

I think you're best bet would be the really low end muscle power models. 23,24,27 anything 20's would fit that range, but i don't know if they would be 60 bucks. Maybe if you're lucky it could be, they would be about 80 bucks to 90 bucks canadian I know. In the Marketplace forums there's a list of online stores stickied.

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
  4. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    for 21dollars for something like this i think he can get one better for less from wilson at sportchek(yes, even sportchek!)

5. r7racer

r7racer Regular Member

thanks for all the advice.
    I went with a MP27 from presports.com
    They had it for $46(+20 shipping) with 68ti strings.
    But they emailed me back saying they dont carry it anymore, but would replace it with a MP28 at the same price, and from what I've been hearing, its the same thing, so that is what I went with.

Does that sound like a fair price? I've bought table tennis equipment from them before when they had a free shipping promotion a while back, but shipping seems to be quite a bit now.

Thanks for all the replies

6. wlachan

wlachan Regular Member

Yonex Carbonex 8600 is also worth considering. Just string it at 22lbs & start smashing.

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I think the way they are doing business is to use higher S/H rating to lower the sales price. At the end, they still generate profits (be it under whatever categories), while easily attract customers with lower "1st impression" price.

Personally, I still think the Gosen deal from SDBS is a better deal, but well... :rolleyes:

8. Quarterback

Quarterback Regular Member

Try RSL 3200. This racquets may not qualify us cheap and low quality, price range is about $44. It plays like a high end Yonex and very durable too. Don't know if you have a dealer in your area though.