Yonex Nanospeed vs. Black Knight Superlight

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by gibson_x, Mar 6, 2006.

1. gibson_x

gibson_x Regular Member

I'd like opinons from those who've tried both...

I was at a demo day for Black Knight a few months ago (A Knight to Remember), where I got to test their 3 Superlight models (Photon, Ghost, Feather). Out of those 3, my fav. was the Photon, followed by the Feather. Actually I'd go as far as to say the Photon was probably the best raquet I've ever tried (but that doesn't mean much, never tried any Yonex). The racket felt great, good power, excellent control. The only thing I didn't like much was the look (I know that means nothing) and build quality. I compared like 5 of them, each looked a bit different from the other (color, even subtle shape differences).

Now that I'm starting to get back into things, I'm looking for a new racket. Looks like it's going to be between the Photon or the Nanospeed 8000. Like I've said, I've never tried any Yonex, and there's no way of testing one before I buy either. I just figured since I like the Superlight series from BK, the Yonex equvelent would be the Nanos.

Looking for help deciding, btw both will cost me the same price.
    Thanks for any help.

2. jcl49

jcl49 Regular Member

If can try out he NS8K, then do. But if you can't hunt down someone with the NS8K, then get the NS8K (since you said can get both for the same price).

After getting the NS8K, if you didn't like the feel, you can sell it on. There is a far greater second-hand market for it.

PS If you are a beginner to intermediate, then the NS8K is not for you.
    PPS If you can get the NS8K for the same price as the BK, are you not paying too much for the BK?

3. D-man2005

D-man2005 Regular Member

Racquet rental program.

Hello Gibson_x,

Yo's Badminto & Tennis has a racquet rental program. You can rent a racquet for a few days. (should be around $10) If you like the racquet and purchase the racquet from him the rental price is deducted from the cost of the racquet.
    See the address of the store:
    Yo's Badminton & Tennis
    3255 Hwy 7, (First Markham Place near the golf store mall entrance.)
    Markham, ON
    L3R 3P9
    Tel. 905-474-5711
    www.yos.ca (Having Problems accessing the web site.)

Cheers,

Don

4. gibson_x

gibson_x Regular Member

I was thinking the same about resale value...
    And price-wise, the nano would be purchased via internet(always cheaper), the BK would be local, so prices are about the same from what I've seen shopping around...

5. gibson_x

gibson_x Regular Member

That would be ideal, but I'm in Timmins, Markham is way too far for me...thanks though...

6. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    Bump! I know this is an old thread, but I'm intrested in the BK racket as well. Did you even end up buying it?

7. gibson_x

gibson_x Regular Member

No I ended up buying the Nano 8000...I really like it so far, but I wouldn't say it's hands down better than the BK, although I've still only tried the BK that one time. To me this would be one of those situations where price would be the major deciding factor between these two.

8. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    Since u used the Bk one, Was it Stiff and Head heavy? I know it's only 75 grams, but if it's not at least stiff, i won't consider it.

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Feather is about above average in stiffness and even balanced, I believe.

10. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    thanx, I have a woven 8 right now, so stiffer or more flexy than that?

11. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Both rackets I only got a chance to demo once or twice. If my memory serves me correctly, I will say Woven 8 and Feather somehow feels similar in a way. However, I believe Feather is Oval, and Woven 8 is Iso.

12. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    yes, Woven 8 is ISO, however, if the stiffness is similar to the Woven 8, it'll probally be easy to adapt to. But are the other three models in the Superlight series stiffer, and are their any head heavy ones?