Mandarin (Yung Yu) Vs. Lee's (Jennifer Lee)

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by asdfg, Mar 6, 2006.

1. asdfg

asdfg Regular Member

I've heard that both of them were once friends and partners. However, becuz of some reasons, they broke up and both of their attitudes changed. I don't play at lee's nor mandarin, but i am planning to join either one. Can anyone give me some backgrounds about both head coachs? I want to get the most training and least issues to deal with. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

#1 asdfg, Mar 6, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2006
  2. ploppers

ploppers Regular Member

This should be in the Canada East fourm AND I believe the title name is slightly Provocative.

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    It won't be an issue. As I understand, they are seperately run so why on earth should any personality differences affect the amount of training one gets or affect anything else within that particular club.

Fishing for such issues is not recomended in this forum.

4. B34Pierce

B34Pierce Regular Member

Student
    um...yung Yu use to coachme a while ago... I am not sure if anything happened but i use to be on the Mandarin team 2 but i quit cus of school. If u were gonna join i think it all depends. If you want to go super pro then go Lee's if u want to go pro then go to Mandarin. Lee's training seem to be a lot stricter than Mandarin's

5. asdfg

asdfg Regular Member

but i meant, do u guys know them in person? how they handle with their students and coaching attitude.

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Does it matter? The head coach doesn't do all the coaching. There are other coaches around.

7. B34Pierce

B34Pierce Regular Member

Student
    coaching...Hmm they are both pretty good at coaching but i am not sure now since Troy isn't at lee's anymroe. If u could i would try to get Hari but he's probably fully booked. At Mandarin u could try getting brian Tjoa or Huang. I would first try to get the prices first cus private trianing could get pretty nifty.

8. asdfg

asdfg Regular Member

Do you play in any of the locations? cuz i heard jenn isn't the best person to communicate with... dunno if that's true

9. richievuong

richievuong Regular Member

Student
    jennifer's english is decent enough, although her native tongue is cantonese...

10. asdfg

asdfg Regular Member

i meant like how she runs the club... (eg. late for her own private lessons/group lessons, writes down that she is the head coach for that particular group, but turns out another thing..) have you had those experiences before?

11. hemants

hemants Regular Member

I'm sure both places are professional or they wouldn't be in business so long.

Business partnerships are like marriages, not everyone wants to stay together forever- I wouldn't make too much of it.

12. taxing

taxing New Member

CHEUNG is right, it appears that ASDFG is fishing for contentious issues in order to state a point. One wonders if ASDFG is really looking for a coach.

By the way, they have never been business partners. One worked for the other for a short period many years ago.

Lee's, run by its owner, has been in business for 9/10 years now. Mandarin is in its third year of operations.

13. richievuong

richievuong Regular Member

Student
    Jennifer's never late for my group lessons...I know that first hand after taking 2 years of group lessons

being late sometimes is reasonable...besides its not like you get less time with the coach when she's late, so you're still getting the bang for your buck.

14. dex

dex Regular Member

Student
    asdfg: if u r really thinkin of joinin either 1 of the club, may b u should wait till da end of april n c who win the ont banner this year! :rolleyes: this should proof who is a better club then! :D :D :D

15. asdfg

asdfg Regular Member

banner? what banner?

16. dex

dex Regular Member

Student

17. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

asdfg,

Out of curiosity, how would you join one of these clubs if you are in India (as your location says). Are you relocating to Toronto just for badminton?

18. asdfg

asdfg Regular Member

o.. i live in Toronto. India is my hometown.

19. dex

dex Regular Member

Student
    any1 has da results 4 da ont a singles?

20. markhamplayer

markhamplayer Regular Member

Championship banner

Early congratulations to Mandarin Badminton Club for capturing the Ontario Clubs Championship Banner from Lee's Badminton, a banner winner for the past 3 years in a role.
    players will win all the titles in this Ontario A's Championship this weekend at Humber College except the Lady's Single title which was won by Joycelyn representing the Ryerson University Badminton Club.
    Yung Yu is going to win this time. I think she is quite lucky this time that after taking over the coaching position for little over a year then she helps winning the banner for the Club. The only trouble she has right now is to choose the best spot inside the club to hang up the banner. Hopes she won't hang it up in the washroom.[​IMG]