User Tag List

Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Funny Stories

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Funny Stories

    I thought it would be quite cool to collate any funny experiences anyone has had. To start us off I've pinched one from www.everythingbadminton.com
    See what you think. Perhaps Kwun put a place for them on this site?


    "Playing a mixed match this season and my dubiously reliable backhand smash hit form (potentially the first time in about three years) causing my opponent to shout. "He's only got one shot and you keep feeding it!!!!!" To himself of course but loud enough to be heard. I asked him in my politest voice "How many shots have I got mate?". He said nothing but looked suitably abashed. It was pity then that when we beat them he pre-empted my triumphant tirade by apologizing. Shame really, I was itching to get something in about losing to one shot............ (Does this make me Johnny One shot?)"

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    surrey, england
    Posts
    878
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post

    i know this thread is really old but i didn't want to start a new one.


    at the tournament i played in yesterday, i was standing in the viewing gallery thing just watching all the ongoing matches. in one of the games of boys doubles a guy went for a smash, missed it, hit his partners racket and then his partners head . he didn't even check to see if his parnter was alright, he just started shouting and getting annoyed about how he had broken his new karakal sl70. nearly everyone who was watching burst out laughing.

    it would be good if other people could share some funny expierences

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    971
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    oh god that's not funny but scary. i wouldn't want such a partner

    and an incident to share.
    i hit the shuttle and the bottom came off(bet many of u encountered that before when u hit with the racket frame), causing the bottom of the shuttle to rocket towards a metal door, while my poor return invited my opponent to smash hard on the bird.(after the bottom was already detached)
    you could've guessed what happened, the bird practically burst and it's like a chicken being slaughtered in mid-air , feathers flying all over

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    surrey, england
    Posts
    878
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by DivingBirdie
    oh god that's not funny but scary. i wouldn't want such a partner
    it was funny because his partner just looked stunned and didn't know what had happened and the other guys reaction was really funny.

    something that happened to me was i had just got new strings (at a fairly high tension), i played them in for a decent ammount of time. during one of my first games with them i had huge mishit and all i heard was a big "BANG". i had no idea of what had happened, my coach just went "oh no". i had broken my strings and the shuttle had got lodged in between them. it was funny for my oppenents. i had never seen anything like that happen before.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dipolog, Philippines
    Posts
    170
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i have this partner who's got one of the meanest smashes in our area - and who's a bit of a loud mouth. He loves to jokingly boast about his smashes so everytime he sets up for a smash people usually look up. One game, he's setting up to give this big smash and people turn to look...then impossible as it may sound (probably because of sweaty hands), he hits the shuttle and, Bam! Off the shuttle goes down the opponent's side - while his racquet flies all the way backward into another court! To make things funnier, in the same game he gets ready for another big smash - unluckily for him, he was already tired out - and in front of everyone he jumps into the air and lets his arm loose with a big smash...he hits the air - he totally misses the shuttle that bounces on his head while he's in midair. hahaha

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default expossive smash

    i got a badminton circle friend and he's really got a good smash (better than mind...still transitioning from a tennis smash to a badminton smash), anyways, he was playing with his doubles, when all of a sudden they started laughing /howling in pain and could not play right...the other team stood at a stand still wondering what is getting them into a laughing fit, when a few moments, they too found out what has caused the commotion, and had everyone walk of the court for a few minutes . he had let of the most awful fart during one of his smashes, the STD type (silent but deadly)... .

    moral of the story: do not eat beans before playing a game (or in the form of strategy when playing high level players, eat a lot of beans lol )
    Last edited by system32drivers; 02-14-2006 at 12:30 AM.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    surrey, england
    Posts
    878
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by system32drivers
    i got a badminton circle friend and he's really got a good smash (better than mind...still transitioning from a tennis smash to a badminton smash), anyways, he was playing with his doubles, when all of a sudden they started laughing /howling in pain and could not play right...the other team stood at a stand still wondering what is getting them into a laughing fit, when a few moments, they too found out what has caused the commotion, and had everyone walk of the court for a few minutes . he had let of the most awful fart during one of his smashes, the STD type (silent but deadly)... .

    moral of the story: do not eat beans before playing a game (or in the form of strategy when playing high level players, eat a lot of beans lol )
    now if that had been a mixed game , there would have been an face and a few disgusted faces. i don't now if they would be laughing. it just shows how men enjoy fart humor more

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    74
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In a tournament, I was playing the first seed in doubles (this was when I first started) from annother province when they lifted the bird to us. Both my partner and I ran for it, my partner positioning for a smash behind me. I went to flick the bird or something when he swung down at the bird and his follow through hit me right in the face. His racquet made contact with my nose and it start to bleed (not from the inside, there was a giant cut). I started bleeding a lot and I had to go get a towel. We ended up losing something like 15-1, 15-2 and I still have a scar on my nose from it. By the way, this all happened when I was about fourteen. (not that it matters)

    I'm not sure if it's humurous or just really bad.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    surrey, england
    Posts
    878
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by prothobs
    In a tournament, I was playing the first seed in doubles (this was when I first started) from annother province when they lifted the bird to us. Both my partner and I ran for it, my partner positioning for a smash behind me. I went to flick the bird or something when he swung down at the bird and his follow through hit me right in the face. His racquet made contact with my nose and it start to bleed (not from the inside, there was a giant cut). I started bleeding a lot and I had to go get a towel. We ended up losing something like 15-1, 15-2 and I still have a scar on my nose from it. By the way, this all happened when I was about fourteen. (not that it matters)

    I'm not sure if it's humurous or just really bad.
    it may have been humourous for people watchig maybe. but i would certainly guess that you didn't find it funny .

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    74
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I laughed at my self after. lol

  11. #11
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,272
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh man, I have a lot of funny stories but this one is for the ages, BCer "JumpALot and his comeback."

    Setting: center court at SGVBC, usually reserved for the advanced players. Light crowd, JumpALot is my doubles partner and had just come back from a 2-3 week snowboarding/too much work hiatus and was ready to...what else? JUMP A LOT!

    After the first couple of points, the opponent hits a wicked drop and Jumpy charges the net. No one thought anything of it until Jumpy crashes into the net taking one of the net poles with him. I guess you had to be there...Jumpy couldn't stop, gets clotheslined but keeps going and winds up on the opponents' side of the court. He took out the net pole like it wasn't even there. We all paused for a moment to see if Jumpy was OK, which he was; he looks around somewhat confused as to what just happened...I fall on the floor laughing after realizing what had happened and said to our opponents, "That's my 'A' player and you better let us win or I will really turn him (Jumpy) loose!"

    Some beginners were walking by in the background, saw Jumpy's comedy of errors and commented in Chinese, "I thought this was a non-contact sport."

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    surrey, england
    Posts
    878
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post

    dinkalots story reminds me of another one of mine.

    at a training session last year we were limited to only two courts so during the warm up our coach moved the netposts closer together (the net was almost on the floor), he did it to give us more room to warm up in. we were just running round doing all the movements and one of the other players decided it would be funny to hurdle the net (not very hard at all). he proceeds to jump the net and somehow doesn't get high enough so his feet get tangled in the net he falls over quite hard and both netposts fall over as well. everyone in the sport centre just burst out laughing at what an idiot he looked like.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    S. Pasadena
    Posts
    193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LOL Dink.

    If you had done the same thing we probably have to replace the Net, the post and we would have to call 911 and take the poor guy to ER. And thats AFTER you already dropped 40lb since you picked up badminton.





    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    Oh man, I have a lot of funny stories but this one is for the ages, BCer "JumpALot and his comeback."

    Setting: center court at SGVBC, usually reserved for the advanced players. Light crowd, JumpALot is my doubles partner and had just come back from a 2-3 week snowboarding/too much work hiatus and was ready to...what else? JUMP A LOT!

    After the first couple of points, the opponent hits a wicked drop and Jumpy charges the net. No one thought anything of it until Jumpy crashes into the net taking one of the net poles with him. I guess you had to be there...Jumpy couldn't stop, gets clotheslined but keeps going and winds up on the opponents' side of the court. He took out the net pole like it wasn't even there. We all paused for a moment to see if Jumpy was OK, which he was; he looks around somewhat confused as to what just happened...I fall on the floor laughing after realizing what had happened and said to our opponents, "That's my 'A' player and you better let us win or I will really turn him (Jumpy) loose!"

    Some beginners were walking by in the background, saw Jumpy's comedy of errors and commented in Chinese, "I thought this was a non-contact sport."

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    surrey, england
    Posts
    878
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpalot
    LOL Dink.

    If you had done the same thing we probably have to replace the Net, the post and we would have to call 911 and take the poor guy to ER. And thats AFTER you already dropped 40lb since you picked up badminton.
    it sounds like you two have a pretty decent friendship because i know that quite a few people wouldn't say stuff like that about most people unless they know them very very well

  15. #15
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,272
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lindanfan
    it sounds like you two have a pretty decent friendship because i know that quite a few people wouldn't say stuff like that about most people unless they know them very very well
    Oh yeah, I know Jumpy very well. We plays doubles together much of the time. I was almost 260lbs. when I first started playing Bad, now I'm ~215lbs. going on 205.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    930
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    well this didn't happen in the court actually..it happened in my class room.

    i was presenting my Business Development project.i started like this. "hello everyone, today i'm presenting Segamat inland Port Sdn Bhd for my major Badminton Development project.
    Everyone in the class put on a blank face.i didn't notice i said something wrong until my friend giggled and said "oi, it's Business Development lah, idiot!"

    lol! pretty embarassing!

Similar Threads

  1. Tell us your badminton stories!
    By Jinryu in forum General Forum
    Replies: 8
    : 11-18-2006, 01:03 AM
  2. Stories For The Heart #1
    By wilfredlgf in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 19
    : 06-26-2005, 12:31 AM
  3. Personal badminton stories...
    By kianhe in forum General Forum
    Replies: 4
    : 11-21-2004, 11:12 PM
  4. Interesting stories on Camilla......
    By as5903 in forum Denmark Professional Players
    Replies: 6
    : 06-28-2004, 03:08 AM
  5. RONALD WINS (and other stories)!
    By Adel in forum Korean Open 2004 / Japan Open 2004
    Replies: 5
    : 04-12-2004, 12:06 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •