Stolen racquets

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by torontogoldfish, Mar 7, 2006.

1. torontogoldfish

torontogoldfish New Member

Hi all, First time poster here, but thought I'd mention it anyway. My car was broken into last night, and unfortunately I left my racquet bag on the back seat. Silly of me. In it, I had a pair of Yonex badminton shoes, which I can't stop being sold to somebody else. However, the bag also contained a chipped Cab20, and a slightly chipped Aerotus110. If anybody tries to hawk this stuff, please keep in mind that it might be my stolen goods so buyer beware. In the meantime, I'll head over to the product review forums and check out some new racquets to buy. I bought a MP30 online on eBay before I found this site so hopefully it's fine :D I'd appreciate any new racquet recommendations for an intermediate player.

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Does your auto insurance cover thief? If it does, check if it make sense to claim your loss item.

3. ibm88

ibm88 Regular Member

Don't worry about the insurance claim the deductable and the rate increase will cost you more.
    You are better off to purchase racquets at a local badminton store at least they are authentic. Alot of good quality fake racquets are sold on ebay sometimes its hard to tell them apart, even the laser printed serial number looks real.

4. torontogoldfish

torontogoldfish New Member

I bought the eBay MP30 as a backup racquet; my primary is one I will shop for locally. Good point about the insurance claim -- the deductible kills any such incentive to make a claim against the house insurance.