training partner / coach

Discussion in 'UK' started by Welshdragon, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Welshdragon

Welshdragon Regular Member

Hey everyone,

Firstly a simple introduction,

I'm Mike, 22 from cwmbran, South wales UK. Looking to start taking badminton very serioulsy just hope i havent left it too late.

Play for a club in lantarnam on a sunday and monday, a cwmbran club on a tuesday and a cardiff club on a wednesday. Im in the B side at lantarnam and find that i dont get enough games in there and no actual practice at all. Other 2 clubs are more a social level where i just try to push myself as much as i can.

Im looking for a training partner who would mind helping out someone who trying to become the best he can be (god that sounded cheesy [​IMG] )

I dont mind a bit of travel cwmbran, newport or cardiff somewhere around there.

Would also like a coach. I dont want to keep on playing thinking what im doing is right, if its not.

Looking to play tournaments everything i can get into the better.

Any suggestions guys and gals would be gratefully recieved.

I would say im a 'ok player. i havent really played a tournament to judge myself. playing in the clubs i dont like to judge myself as playing with a different partner every week seems impossible to get a routine going with the person in the 5minute warm up.

So anything you might find helpful please contact me asap

Many thanks all

[​IMG]

2. alvinlai

alvinlai Regular Member

Legal Counsel
    Hiya Mike~! I'm currently at Cardiff University. I'd be glad to be a training partner if you can attend badminton socials at my uni on Wednesday 1pm - 5pm and Sunday 2pm - 6pm. Drop me a note if you do ever wanna come by. Hope to meet up sometime soon, this Sunday perhaps?

3. Welshdragon

Welshdragon Regular Member

Both them days and times might be a bit difficult, i'll see what i can do.

4. GJL1690

GJL1690 New Member

Hi Mike,

I am Gary 35 , play once or twice a week to a decent standard ( I think :confused:), regular partner lost to injury looking for someone to stretch me.

I normally play in Cardiff Sophia Gardens, pretty flexible on days and time.

Drop me a line if interested.

Cheers

Gary