User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Another point is that with BG85, I have to keep four racquets on hand because of potential string breakages. With BG66, I'd probably do the same.

With BG65, I'm keeping three in the bag usually. Now, I'm planning to put the fourth back in because I think a racquet frame is going to break on one of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMHO I feel that BG85 is slightly better than BG66 in terms of durability and the ability to provide consistent tension over a longer period. As a result , shots are more accurate & consistent. However, it will cost you about S$18 for BG85 as opposed to S$12-14 for BG66. You will love it anyway, despite the cost difference. Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    does that mean you only expect people from sg to answer your question?

this is an international forum, so please write in something that everybody can understand.
    Hi Kwun,

Don't worry, I am from Singapore, and I am not affect by any such lingos.

I always believe in good communication.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madman
    IMHO I feel that BG85 is slightly better than BG66 in terms of durability and the ability to provide consistent tension over a longer period. As a result , shots are more accurate & consistent. However, it will cost you about S$18 for BG85 as opposed to S$12-14 for BG66. You will love it anyway, despite the cost difference. Cheers!

In Australia the price difference between bg 85 and bg 66 is virtually the same. Both of those only cost $1 more than bg65!

xinsports.com.au

They also sell on ebay. Also authentic Yonex rackets sold on ebay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha...thkz guys...but i just restring my racket yesterday with bg85 at 25lbs...n it juz snapped aft a game of doubles!!!is it my mistake or the string tt is lousy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw guys...averagely...my string snaps once every 2weeks...is there a string tt i can use tt can last longer?but wun lose the feel of bg66?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bertbrainz
    btw guys...averagely...my string snaps once every 2weeks...is there a string tt i can use tt can last longer?but wun lose the feel of bg66?

Not the string.......tension to high.

I would suggest stringing to 21-23lbs.............I string to 22-23lbs and it last quite a while(bg85) I do not use bg66 at all, it is not durable for me.

25lbs is quite high.but not that high

Other factors: Your stringer damaged the string in the restring process.....can happen.

The condition of your grommets.......if string has 'cut' through them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Bg85

Hi,
    U mean strung at 25 lbs is too high? I had just strung my AT500 at 27lbs.Hoping that after playing for one week it will drop to 26 or 25 lbs which will be ideal for me. If u said 25lbs is way too high n snapped,then I will certainly hope that I did not use BG66 for it! It will snapped with in a week then. I am trying out BG85 instead for such tension n hopefully it can last me for at least a month or 2.
    Lee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Notnimdab729
    Hi,
    U mean strung at 25 lbs is too high? I had just strung my AT500 at 27lbs.Hoping that after playing for one week it will drop to 26 or 25 lbs which will be ideal for me. If u said 25lbs is way too high n snapped,then I will certainly hope that I did not use BG66 for it! It will snapped with in a week then. I am trying out BG85 instead for such tension n hopefully it can last me for at least a month or 2.
    Lee
    Depends alot on how it was strung and by who. Depends on how hard you hit too. To get decent shuttle speed off a smash with high tentions you have to have a fast swing........your strings will not last long at that tention......if you are not a hard/fast hitter you strings will last longer.......but you will have trouble clearing base line 2 base line, in a game that is a problem!

25lbs is not too high.......25lbs i feel is too high for most players to use with any advantage......unless you are at a high standard. I know alot of beginers and very average players using tentions over 25lbs......it does not help them.
    They use my racket and say ' wow this racket has heaps of power!' I tell them it is not the racket.......it is the tension i string at.....21-24lbs depending on racket. Yet they continue to string at these tentions. I am a cronic string breaker and at these tentions 25lb+ it is usless if it only last me a couple of weeks or hour......it also cuts through your grommets, this is magnified by a thin gauge string like bg 66 an bg85 at high tentions.
    This is a personal thing maybe but in my experience all yonex rackets i have owned perform better for me within the stringing reccomendation on the cone of the racket........I start from at 21lbs and go up 1lbs with each concecutive restring...........untill i find a tention that seems to have a good balance and performance for me......never have I strung over the recommendation......I find performance and string life suffers.
    Not everyone does this.........but I go through this procedure every time i get a new model racket........which is not that often.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am currently using proace abspower1000 n i was told tt tis racket can go up as high as 32lbs...but when i string at 25 i feel tt the tension is juz right...but once the tension drops...i find it veri difficult to plae...any strings to recomand?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongReach
    Depends alot on how it was strung and by who. Depends on how hard you hit too. To get decent shuttle speed off a smash with high tentions you have to have a fast swing........your strings will not last long at that tention......if you are not a hard/fast hitter you strings will last longer.......but you will have trouble clearing base line 2 base line, in a game that is a problem!

25lbs is not too high.......25lbs i feel is too high for most players to use with any advantage......unless you are at a high standard. I know alot of beginers and very average players using tentions over 25lbs......it does not help them.
    They use my racket and say ' wow this racket has heaps of power!' I tell them it is not the racket.......it is the tension i string at.....21-24lbs depending on racket. Yet they continue to string at these tentions. I am a cronic string breaker and at these tentions 25lb+ it is usless if it only last me a couple of weeks or hour......it also cuts through your grommets, this is magnified by a thin gauge string like bg 66 an bg85 at high tentions.
    This is a personal thing maybe but in my experience all yonex rackets i have owned perform better for me within the stringing reccomendation on the cone of the racket........I start from at 21lbs and go up 1lbs with each concecutive restring...........untill i find a tention that seems to have a good balance and performance for me......never have I strung over the recommendation......I find performance and string life suffers.
    Not everyone does this.........but I go through this procedure every time i get a new model racket........which is not that often.
    very good observation. Most beginners have the more the better mentality. If 21 lbs is good, 25 lbs will be better and 30 lbs even better if the racket can take it. Yes, high tension has its advantage but it also has their disadvantages. Most beginners play plastic shuttles and high tension is really bad on their arms and joints, and make them turn off about badminton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sry to hijack this thread but i want to ask that is stringing cross tension better than uniform? i usually play at 24/24lbs and i tried restringing it at 22/24lbs and i find that my accuracy of shots decreases. so should i restring it at 23/25lbs or 25/25lbs to increase mi power and accuracy?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2