Muscle Power 30 vs. 44 and 66

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Glencoclub-Nick, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Glencoclub-Nick

Glencoclub-Nick Regular Member

Can anybody tell me the difference between theese 3 racquets and which is the most bang for your buck?

2. BaddGolfer

BaddGolfer Regular Member

MP-30 is a medium stiff flex even balance racket and the other two are flexible headlight rackets. I have an MP-30, its an ok racket that doesn't have much power (atleast for me) and feels very dead compared to my other racket which is an MP-88 (head heavy). 88 gives me more power and the feel is really crisp. I haven't played with 44 or 66.

3. Glencoclub-Nick

What about the price differences?

4. Steven_Master18

Steven_Master18 Regular Member

student
    prices of 44 and 30 are close..but 66 is a bit much...

i would not choose the 44.. i have the 30 and its good(for me atleast)

my friend have a 66 and it is very good too.. i d say get the 30 if youre budgeted but if u can afford it, get the 66...

but my first advice would be ... try them all before buying them..u never knows which one you prefer

5. K3vin

K3vin Regular Member

Well I own a mp 44. I have used it for about 3 years now. I think that the racket is pretty good for a beginner through mid intermediate player. However, this year, I tried out a few other people's rackets and found that they are a bit easier to generate power. It seems that the mp44 is a bit harder to generate power unless you have insane racket speed. I would suggest trying them all out before making an investment in the racket.

6. Glencoclub-Nick

Does anyone know the price (in canadien) of the mp 88?

7. Steven_Master18

Steven_Master18 Regular Member

student
    at sports experts its 209.99$$ i think..

8. BaddGolfer

BaddGolfer Regular Member

In the US MP-30 is about $80-85, MP-44 around $100 and MP-66 around $110. But MP-88 is more expensive around $160. I think MP-66 has all the technology thats in MP-88 and is probably a good relative value if that head light racket suits you. As the others have said, please try the different rackets before you buy if you can.

Also note that even though MP-88 is listed as a medium stiff flex racket by Yonex, in Cooler's racket measurements as well from many player's experience, its shaft flex seems to be similar to the flexible MP-66. I should note that my MP-88 is a 3U racket.