Golden Gade Beats Super Dan 2-1

Discussion in 'China Masters 2006' started by yannie, Mar 11, 2006.

1. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Reported by Netease Sports Channel, March 11, 2006 Beijing time, from Chengdu.
    All semifinals of 2006 China Masters Cup are held today. Our big disappointment comes in men's singles where the world’s No. 1 shuttler Lin Dan loses a hard-fought rubber 18-21, 21-19, 19-21 to Danish notable player Peter Gade. Therefore Lin Dan is excluded by the final.

Gade forestalls Lin Dan by a show of strength as soon as the game starts and wins a perfect beginning of 3-0 around-the- clock. After that Lin Dan makes full use of his unique skill of cross-court smashes and catches up shortly. From then on the game falls into rubber condition. After 9-9 Gade strikes three consecutive scores by exploiting the misplays of Lin Dan and surpasses Lin Dan at 12-9. Comparing with Lin Dan’s inadvertence, Gade shows full of vigor and deals with the ball rather precisely. Seizing the favorable opportunity with wonderful shots, Gade soon takes the lead of 16-11.
    Then Lin Dan bucks him up to raise a 5 to nil to counter attack and brings the game to 18-18. At this very moment, several misses from Lin Dan soon grants Gade the winning of the first game at 21-18.
    The second game is even tougher, both of the athletes bring the best of them into play. Before long Gade’s physical strength couldn’t support him very well which results in unnecessary misplays. Lin Dan grasps the chance and changes the score to 6-3. But after that it is Lin Dan’s turn to miss consecutively. Then they have to stand on the scratch line again.
    Both of Lin Dan and Gade are not as composed as before when the rubber game shows up again. Though Lin Dan keeps leading with 1 or 2 points, Gade manages to catch up shortly after that. Draws come forth unceasingly. AT the razor-edge moment, Lin Dan speeds up and smashes without hesitation and surpasses Gade again. With a leaping backcourt smash, Lin Dan robs one game back at 21-19.
    They insist on fighting hard in the decisive game. It seems rather clear that Gade has been well prepared for this competition. He controls and manoeuvres Lin Dan’s offensive pace with timely tactical adjustments. On the contrary, Lin Dan misses too many set-ups as well as services in low quality. As a result, Gade succeeds in suppressing Lin Dan on scores and soon leads by 11-9. After alternating courts, Lin Dan makes consecutive points by leaping kills again while Gade focus on the bottom line placements. Before long the game comes to 18-18 which means the crucial moment arrives. It is Gade who clinch 2 consecutive points and wins the match point in last minute. Though Lin Dan secures 1 point back, Gade sets the game ultimately by a wonderful return.
    By right of this victory, Gade will fight against Chen Jin in the final while Chen Jin wins famed Danish Kenneth Jonassen by a narrow margin in the early match held today.(by 旺旺)

2. Dave18

Dave18 Regular Member

Student
    Wow. What close games. Too bad for Lin Dan. But Gade deserves it. I hope he beats Chen Jin.

3. KYHCHAN

KYHCHAN New Member

Retired
    Gade Beats Super Dan

Yannie's post

ref: " Golden Gade Beats Super Dan 2-1 " refers

Anyone who can provide some video clips about this match?
    I wonder how Peter Gade could defeat Lin Dan who may not
    be used to playing rubber birds.

KYHCHAN

4. KYHCHAN

KYHCHAN New Member

Retired
    I think I have misunderstood Yannie's post of 03-11-2006 which used the word " rubber " that makes me (foolishly ) think they used rubber cock fot the matches.

Anyway I don't think I have seen matches wherein Lin was beaten by Gade.

KYHCHAN

5. ViningWolff

ViningWolff Regular Member

Process Engineer
    I've seen it. Excellent match. It was posted on Google video for a while, but I'm not sure if it's still there.

6. KYHCHAN

KYHCHAN New Member

Retired
    Gade Beats Super Dan

Ref to ViningWolff 's post of 20-09-08

Thanks much for the post.

I now think Gade can, judging his performance in 2008
    French Open beating Hidayat by 2-1.

7. jchan04

jchan04 Regular Member

in this tournament, Gade eventually lost to Chen Jin right?
    good match tho! this video is available on mediafire