User Tag List

Page 71 of 84 FirstFirst ... 21 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,207 of 1422
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am actually very surprised to see Wang Lin competing again as competitor in SS...normally players like her would have been kicked out or advised to retire because of the large number of chinese ws players...Seems like the relationship between you and LYB determines how long can you stay in the team..

If that have been Wang Yihan, she would be kicked out of the door two years ago..

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    I am actually very surprised to see Wang Lin competing again as competitor in SS...normally players like her would have been kicked out or advised to retire because of the large number of chinese ws players...Seems like the relationship between you and LYB determines how long can you stay in the team..

If that have been Wang Yihan, she would be kicked out of the door two years ago..
    Could you indicate which SS she is competing in?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it will be a long way before she can play in a SS again, being around ranked 100 atm

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

last time i checked, she is at 88. hehe

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't completely agree, sure Wang Lin has a pedigree and connections unlike most others, because her father is a provincial level coach. But Wang Lin is clearly (well IMHO) the most talented of them all and she is not even 20. Even by Chinese standards, her level of talent is rare and it would be a shame for all badminton fans to see her cast aside (maybe she can pull a Pi Hongyan and go to Europe)

Sadly though, the Chinese team does not need her to dominate, the platoon of high level players they have is more than all the other countries combined. I have watch episodes on CCTV's programs, the Chinese has scientist analyzing the game to give their players all the edge they can get. The Chinese are doing a lot of things right but unfortunately, other nations do not have the will or funding to replicate such programs. I hope CBA's domination will not make badminton go the way of table tennis, which no other country can even get Bronze during the Olympics, and paving the way to get dropped from Olympics.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soulless View Post
    I don't completely agree, sure Wang Lin has a pedigree and connections unlike most others, because her father is a provincial level coach. But Wang Lin is clearly (well IMHO) the most talented of them all and she is not even 20. Even by Chinese standards, her level of talent is rare and it would be a shame for all badminton fans to see her cast aside (maybe she can pull a Pi Hongyan and go to Europe)

Sadly though, the Chinese team does not need her to dominate, the platoon of high level players they have is more than all the other countries combined. I have watch episodes on CCTV's programs, the Chinese has scientist analyzing the game to give their players all the edge they can get. The Chinese are doing a lot of things right but unfortunately, other nations do not have the will or funding to replicate such programs. I hope CBA's domination will not make badminton go the way of table tennis, which no other country can even get Bronze during the Olympics, and paving the way to get dropped from Olympics.
    Wang Lin just turned 23 recently.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    She didn't do too badly at the Aus Open, given she's coming off such a long layoff...

I guess it would take around 6-8 months for her to make her way back into the top 10, assuming she stays healthy and is entered for all possible tournaments. Here's wishing her good health. Break a leg!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    She didn't do too badly at the Aus Open, given she's coming off such a long layoff...

I guess it would take around 6-8 months for her to make her way back into the top 10, assuming she stays healthy and is entered for all possible tournaments. Here's wishing her good health. Break a leg!
    I suspect it's going to be a long process due to the severity of her injury. I'm afraid she will always play with some doubt in her mind. Pity though, she had the loveliest of footworks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Oops, sorry for not doing my homework. I was watching a video on tube of her playing XXF and she was not even 17, the video was posted in 2009, so I thought she cannot be over 20 in 2012, but I guess the event is much older the video.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soulless View Post
    Oops, sorry for not doing my homework. I was watching a video on tube of her playing XXF and she was not even 17, the video was posted in 2009, so I thought she cannot be over 20 in 2012, but I guess the event is much older the video.
    Haha, no problem. She was a phenomenon at that age, and was considered to be a can't miss at that time.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she was that great? damn! i didn't knew her earlier.
    btw, has she been in the UC team one time? when?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    she was that great? damn! i didn't knew her earlier.
    btw, has she been in the UC team one time? when?
    Search for "World Championship 2010 WS" in youtube. She completely dominated Tina Baum and Wang Xin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well at least she has a major title added to her list of achievements. It's a pity she has not won an All England title before the injury because she is truly one of the best players.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so, how about the UC? has she been in the team once before?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    so, how about the UC? has she been in the team once before?
    That's a very good question. She was not even selected to represent the team in UC when she injured her knee during China Masters that was after UC wasn't it ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a very good question. She was not even selected to represent the team in UC when she injured her knee during China Masters that was after UC wasn't it ?
    She didn't play well in 2010 at all. That's why she was not selected to play in Uber Cup. Her ranking was behind WYH, WX, JYU and even WSX. Somehow she played so well and won the WC.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oww.. so she hasn't in the team before.. and when the chance comes to her, TUC preliminary round, she didn't make it. what make it worse is that she played the most crucial match that time. hehe