User Tag List

Page 80 of 84 FirstFirst ... 30 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 LastLast
Results 1,344 to 1,360 of 1422
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Justin! Great job!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ton-Min-Bad View Post
    Thanks, Justin! Great job!
    You're most welcome. As my Mandarin isn't up to par, I play safe and always stick as close as possible to the author's original words without paraphrasing or using my own words too much, for fear of misreading, misinterpreting or misconstruing their meaning unless forced to do so by guessing from the context as there isn't any really good,capable Chinese-English dictionary available online or app. Also I thought it better,rightly or wrongly, not to sound too English and lose the Chinese flavour. Any advice from experts appreciated.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wang Lin on her TengXun weibo(microblog), dated 29th Jan 2013, posted this:

经历六周,昨天终于摆脱石膏的束缚,开始新一阶段的恢复,感谢大家的关心与支持!

After (going through it for) six weeks, (I am) finally freed from the cast yesterday and beginning another stage of recovery. Thank you all for your care and support !

As of 13th Feb, she hasn't said anything about her present condition in the microblog but was busy for days (apparently out of boredom) trying to solve the following puzzle which reportedly nobody could solve until somebody did later that day (I'm not posting the supposed solution in case some of you are interested to have a go at it):-

As of today, we can assume she has yet to be under the knife. The article I posted #1327 was dated 31st Jan 2013.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still = 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post

After (going through it for) six weeks, (I am) finally freed from the cast yesterday and beginning another stage of recovery. Thank you all for your care and support !

As of 13th Feb, she hasn't said anything about her present condition in the microblog but was busy for days (apparently out of boredom) trying to solve the following puzzle which reportedly nobody could solve until somebody did later that day (I'm not posting the supposed solution in case some of you are interested to have a go at it):-

As of today, we can assume she has yet to be under the knife. The article I posted #1327 was dated 31st Jan 2013.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think it would probably have been a brace that she was wearing rather than a cast.

Agree with Justin's comment she probably has not yet had another operation, especially as the time frame fell within Chinese New yea.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    I think it would probably have been a brace that she was wearing rather than a cast.

Agree with Justin's comment she probably has not yet had another operation, especially as the time frame fell within Chinese New yea.
    石膏 is plaster cast, if I'm not wrong, and wearing a knee brace wouldn't restrict her movement much, that's why she is so relieved to have the cast removed now. What's more, a cast cannot be easily removed when it's dirty or you want to scratch yourself for feeling itchy.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

石膏 is plaster cast, if I'm not wrong, and wearing a knee brace wouldn't restrict her movement much, that's why she is so relieved to have the cast removed now. What's more, a cast cannot be easily removed when it's dirty or you want to scratch yourself for feeling itchy.
    the thing is an ACL injury would need a brace. Plaster cast would be for a fracture. Perhaps we have a diagnostic dilemma....?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the thing is an ACL injury would need a brace. Plaster cast would be for a fracture. Perhaps we have a diagnostic dilemma....?
    Perhaps she suffered both.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Very sad. She sounded devastated when making that utterance(in her microblog):" On Doomsday today, I really felt like saying - Badminton, let's just leave it to Fate."

Her first injury one month after winning the 2010 World Championship was 左膝前十字韧带和内侧副韧带断裂 - left knee Anterior Cruciate Ligament and Medial Accessory Ligament(hope I got the second part right) rupture for which she underwent surgery and was hospitalized for three months in Germany.

Her second injury occurred in June 2011 at the Singapore Open (Final match against WSX on 16th Jun 2011) and it was 半月板和踝骨损伤 - Meniscal Ligament tear and ankle sprain.That time she already took it quite hard, cried till her tears ran dry.As we know, she struggled a long time and failed to make the grade for the London Olympics.

This third injury is again the left knee anterior cruciate ligament tear - 左膝前交叉韧带断裂. Presently she is resting at a hotel in Beijing, her parents and a teammate are accompanying her while she awaits surgery - date unconfirmed, maybe next week.

Is Wang Lin's career really finished? It took her almost two years to come back from her second injury. For this third incident,even if she puts in superhuman effort and strives with grim determination, can her body, esp her knee(s), take it? Yeah, ACL reconstruction is the easy part, it's the after-effects that's difficult for a badminton player who is constantly subjecting her knees to pivoting,jumping and all the short but frequent bursts of dashing about on court. ......
    just going back to this comment, we are referring to Wang Lin's third injury which is an ACL.

ACL ruptures do not get put in a cast for 6 weeks.
    Associated fracture is one possibility but wasn't mentioned before in Justin's translation.
    ACL rupture with a fracture usually is associated with some trauma. E.g. road trauma, rather than an injury on court.
    Lastly, why is she posting a picture of her lower leg? An ACL rupture is in the knee.

It just doesn't add up....

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wang Lin was quoting message from the MS coach Chen Qi Qiu.
    presumably the casting was Chen's not Wang Lin's.

TBH, that foot doesn't match Wang Lin's pretty face!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    Wang Lin was quoting message from the MS coach Chen Qi Qiu.
    presumably the casting was Chen's not Wang Lin's.

TBH, that foot doesn't match Wang Lin's pretty face!
    Oops,my bad. That was indeed Chen Qiqiu's blogpost quoted by Wang Lin.

Cheung's posts set me thinking and confused until I saw AlanY's response that made me rechecked the Wang Lin blogpost and only then I realized my mistake. A thousand apologies - next time I'd better pay more attention to what I'm reading instead of trying to do too many things at the same time, multi-tasking and being distracted.

OK, I shall set it right this time. Wang Lin's response to Chen Qiqiu's blogpost (was he injured too?) as follows:
    恭喜啊 我也还有一周的固定 就能开始康复了 加油加油 dated 29th Jan.
    Congratulations. Me too, I've exactly a week to begin my recovery. JiaYou, JiaYou.

-- Many thanks to AlanY for pointing out my mistake.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just going back to this comment, we are referring to Wang Lin's third injury which is an ACL.

ACL ruptures do not get put in a cast for 6 weeks.
    Associated fracture is one possibility but wasn't mentioned before in Justin's translation.
    ACL rupture with a fracture usually is associated with some trauma. E.g. road trauma, rather than an injury on court.
    Lastly, why is she posting a picture of her lower leg? An ACL rupture is in the knee.

It just doesn't add up....
    Cheung, many thanks to you too for your alertness and knowledge of ACL injury. Once again, my apologies to everyone for my embarrassing oversight.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cheung, many thanks to you too for your alertness and knowledge of ACL injury. Once again, my apologies to everyone for my embarrassing oversight.
    OK. We let you off.

But seriously, your efforts in the translations are greatly appreciated!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

每天付出一点点 努力……加油 (weibo)
    A little effort everyday
    Name:  4601.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  27.4 KBName:  4602.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  30.7 KBName:  4603.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  29.1 KBName:  4604.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  29.4 KBName:  4605.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  29.3 KBName:  4606.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  32.6 KBName:  4607.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  33.6 KBName:  4608.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  30.6 KBName:  4609.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  31.4 KB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wang Lin is a fighter and it's clear that she will not give up on her dream to get back to 100%. She's returned to the game before, and it looks like she is determined to return again.

I hope that she will once again return to the court at the level she has the potential to get to. If all goes well, hopefully towards the end of 2013 we may see her back.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Wang Lin is a fighter and it's clear that she will not give up on her dream to get back to 100%. She's returned to the game before, and it looks like she is determined to return again.

I hope that she will once again return to the court at the level she has the potential to get to. If all goes well, hopefully towards the end of 2013 we may see her back.
    I second that. Like you, I believe it's not a vain hope.

Wish Wang Lin speedy recovery. Most of all,hope she regains her confidence and has the willpower and determination to give badminton another go. Three times severely injured and three times comeback make it a record-breaking,unprecedented feat, esp when a successful one - takes a lot of courage and sacrifice, including the encouragement and support of family,friends and CBA.

May we see Wang Lin hitting the shuttle before end of the year. JiaYou !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like she's trying to get back fit and play again?! didn't think that would be possible with her injury. that's awesome, all the best to her!

Page 80 of 84 FirstFirst ... 30 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 LastLast