User Tag List

Page 78 of 84 FirstFirst ... 28 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 LastLast
Results 1,310 to 1,326 of 1422
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    what is it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to sohu sports news - Severe injury may force Wang Lin to leave Chinese national team. So it is confirmed, it is the ACL in the same leg that forced her into year-long hiatus in 2010-2011. I am not going to translate the article but to quote Wang Lin: "Badminton, I think it is best that the 'two of us' listens to fate and go with the flow". I can sense some resignation in that sentence, meaning that if she hits roadblocks in her recovery process she might retire from the sport. She also claim to be in a good mental state, because years of injury have taught her to be calm.

Well, as fans we may be forever doomed to watch her 2010 WS WC match to imagine what would have been...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    Very sad. She sounded devastated when making that utterance(in her microblog):" On Doomsday today, I really felt like saying - Badminton, let's just leave it to Fate."

Her first injury one month after winning the 2010 World Championship was 左膝前十字韧带和内侧副韧带断裂 - left knee Anterior Cruciate Ligament and Medial Accessory Ligament(hope I got the second part right) rupture for which she underwent surgery and was hospitalized for three months in Germany.

Her second injury occurred in June 2011 at the Singapore Open (Final match against WSX on 16th Jun 2011) and it was 半月板和踝骨损伤 - Meniscal Ligament tear and ankle sprain.That time she already took it quite hard, cried till her tears ran dry.As we know, she struggled a long time and failed to make the grade for the London Olympics.

This third injury is again the left knee anterior cruciate ligament tear - 左膝前交叉韧带断裂. Presently she is resting at a hotel in Beijing, her parents and a teammate are accompanying her while she awaits surgery - date unconfirmed, maybe next week.

Is Wang Lin's career really finished? It took her almost two years to come back from her second injury. For this third incident,even if she puts in superhuman effort and strives with grim determination, can her body, esp her knee(s), take it? Yeah, ACL reconstruction is the easy part, it's the after-effects that's difficult for a badminton player who is constantly subjecting her knees to pivoting,jumping and all the short but frequent bursts of dashing about on court. As some are wont to say, it's the wretched fate of a beauty.

Heartbreaking, for Wang Lin, and Wang Xin as well. Not forgetting the other injured ones, Zhong Qianxin, Xia Huan, Guo Zengdong, Chen Xiaojia. Also Cai Yun and Chen Jin to a lesser extent. Really hope Wang Shixian's comeback is a smooth,successful one, as injury-free as possible,all the best to her.
    Last edited by Justin L; 12-22-2012 at 11:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very sad news indeed. She is almost 24. Even if she recovers fully and get back to competitive form, she would be 25, possibly 26. Would that be too old for the Chinese National Team?

I hope she can get a coaching job oversea that she can make a decent living and go to college. She is my favorite WS player. I hope she has a good after-badminton-career.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

According to Badzine, Wang Lin will be travelling to Germany for another knee operation, this time accompanied by her parents and an "unidentified" team member.

http://www.badzine.net/news/the-end-...or-wang/22761/

I wish her the very best. Hope she recovers fully. Even if she cannot play competitive badminton at the highest level, she is just too intelligent and talented a player to walk away from it all. She has a lot she can give back to the game in many ways. But first, some time away from it all, re-evaluate things in life and all that, I suppose. An amazing lady.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still shocking, I have to admit. Did she push it too much after her recent results?

My best wishes for a rapid recovery!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately this could be the end... for it to happen to the same knee 3 times, there's no way for her to climb back up at this point...

But what she could do is help coach so at least shes still involved with the sport even though she's not playing... she's always welcome to come to Sydney, Australia ;D

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ton-Min-Bad View Post
    Still shocking, I have to admit. Did she push it too much after her recent results?

My best wishes for a rapid recovery!
    As with the original ACL, a second ACL can also rupture. It's a risk inherent to elite sports persons. There are two types of hamstring graft for the ACL - single and double bundle. I am curious to know which one she had. Personally, I don't think she will be back playing at the highest level.

She'll either be a coach or re-invent herself as a model or actress!!
    Last edited by Cheung; 12-25-2012 at 07:10 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    As with the original ACL, a second ACL can also rupture. It's a risk inherent to elite sports persons. There are two types of hamstring graft for the ACL - single and double bundle. I am curious to know which one she had. Personally, I don't think she will be back playing at the highest level.

She'll either be a coach or re-invent herself as a model or actress!!
    You're right, there's always a risk. But if it's the same knee twice again, it can't be a coincidence.

Didn't she say that she was still in fear of getting injured again? So my theory would be that she might have needed even more time in order to overcome her trauma. Obviously her body still told her to kind of hold back.

I'm not sure if the reconstruction technique is that important in the end. It's not just the acl that is responsible for knee stability. It's more of an all around thing. I'm curious what reconstruction material they are going to use for the upcoming surgery?

Well, could be that she won't be back playing at the highest level. But still: there are professionals with the same fate (soccer players for example) who managed to get close.

If she prefers to work as a coach in the future, I'd suggest her staying here in Germany! ;-)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ton-Min-Bad View Post
    You're right, there's always a risk. But if it's the same knee twice again, it can't be a coincidence.

Didn't she say that she was still in fear of getting injured again? So my theory would be that she might have needed even more time in order to overcome her trauma. Obviously her body still told her to kind of hold back.

I'm not sure if the reconstruction technique is that important in the end. It's not just the acl that is responsible for knee stability. It's more of an all around thing. I'm curious what reconstruction material they are going to use for the upcoming surgery?

Well, could be that she won't be back playing at the highest level. But still: there are professionals with the same fate (soccer players for example) who managed to get close.

If she prefers to work as a coach in the future, I'd suggest her staying here in Germany! ;-)
    You are probably correct it is no coincidence. I don't know if any studies have been done in badminton players but it might be the non-dominant leg that is more susceptible to ACL rupture.

As for the reconstruction, the new graft could be reconstructed from tendons from the same leg or tendons from the other leg. In any case, the leg is weaker than original. I am not entirely sure but Chinese girls seem to have more hyperlaxity that might make them more susceptible to injury.

I take your point that soccer players get close to their original level. I think the difference is they can be partially covered by other team mates and the action is not always concentrated around them. 90 minutes is spread over 10 outfield players - for badminton singles , a 45-60minute match is concentrated on the one person without much of a break. It's very demanding on the body.

As for coaching, she'd be welcome here in HK as well!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Apparently, Germany have a very high standard when it comes to reconstruction of ACL - some of the top in the world are in Germany.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WangLin's career should not end like that. China need to take steps to make her play as early as possible. She was their strength 2 years back and now they have to give her back. I wish higher chinese officials other than Li Yongbo(No Offense. If he sees, he will further worsens the injury by calling her to play more games even in nationals )need to take care of her with utmost attention and respect .
    Last edited by scorpion1; 12-29-2012 at 09:35 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

China need to take steps to make sure she undergoes rehab properly and not rush back into competition. No athlete (nevermind a person) should suffer from blowing out the same knee multiple times.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It is highly unlikely we see her play again.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hope wang lin can back ASAP

Page 78 of 84 FirstFirst ... 28 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 LastLast