SOTX 4/5 or BK Rapier Be

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by blahblah, Mar 12, 2006.

1. blahblah

blahblah Regular Member

Hey,
    i was just wondering which one u would choose. I know it depends on personal preference but maybe if u just can give me some points on the specifications then that would be great. Right now im looking for a racket similar to the AT 500 but just more flexible(less stiff). The price for the Rapier is 120$ (CDN) with strings. If you have tried both then please share your opinion to me (and others) of what u thought of them. If there are other rackets that fit my description and my budget of about 120$ (CDN) give or take feel free to let me know

Thanks

(PS: If u have any questions just ask me and sorry about so many "general" questions lately. just a bit confused and cant make a desicion:confused: :p )

#1 blahblah, Mar 12, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
  2. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    woven 4/5 are cheaper than 120

for your budget i would get woven8, its on sale now for 99USD free shipping

3. blahblah

blahblah Regular Member

The only thing though is that I think it (the Woven 8) is as stiff or stiffer than my AT500 which I find too stiff. I may be wrong though. :confused:

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Personally, I feel Woven 4(4A) performances more like MP77. A bit too heavy for me, which slows down my defence a bit. However, it packs a lot of power, if you have enough strength and prefer a smashing type of game.

5. blahblah

blahblah Regular Member

Thanks for the input. Are there any Gosen, Victor, Hi-qua etc. rackets that are similar that you would recommend? Im not too familiar with those brands but I know that they have a fairly good reputation. Also I would prefer a racket with an Isometric head. As well as (like i said before) medium stiffness, head heavy. Thanks Alot

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
  7. s239rt

s239rt Regular Member

previously owned a AT500 however traded for gosen Armet 3600 and very satisfied with the choice. In my opinion, AT500 is slower in defence(head heavier) and a slightly stiffer than the 3600. 3600 definitely much more head light(I would even call it a head light racket). However, due to its 2 kick pt system, it packs WAY WAY WAY more power than the At500. However, 3600 is a tag softer on the shalf than At500.I Guess the 2 kick pt flex thing make it stronger. 2 key points to consider, I find 3600 require more wrist to play strokes. It put more stress on my wrist after a session(I can feel the sore or just more work been done to the wrist). 2nd point would be 3600 plays and feels different than a At500(or yonex is general). Just like what others been saying, each BRAND sort of has its own FEEL. Good luck.

8. blahblah

blahblah Regular Member

hi again,
    Just wanted to let u know that ive decided on a Gosen Aermet 3600. I got it yesterday but havent gotten a chance to play with it. I wont be able to until 2 weeks:crying: . Anyways thanks for the help and i'll let u know how it goes. BTW it was strung at 22 lbs. with ashaway "powergut 66". Thanks again!

9. blahblah

blahblah Regular Member

hey... ive finally gotten to play with my new racket!:) (well i actually started playing with it last week but havent had time to post):p Man.... i have so much power with this racket. my clears, and smashes have improved quite bit. its really a great racket. I find the flex very well suited for my self. The strings Ashaway Powergut 66 @ 23 or 24 lbs. are also very powerful and have preatty good control. The strings are a bit "rough" to help slice better and have better control but at the same time they werent as grippy as BG-80. I found that they were a touch to tight. Anyways, about 8 hours worth of playing with it (not all at once though lol), my strings broke.... during the warmup :crying: :eek: :mad:. So ya that sucked, but luckly i had my AT500 in my bag so i used that. My coach (Dominic Soong) is going to restring it for me. I hope he cut the strings so that it wont warp the frame though...i forgot to mention that... he's very expeirienced though so he prob would have remembered. I heard the he restrings rackets by hand:confused: . whats your opinion on that. Good... Bad...????? Anyways if u have any questions, just ask. Thanks again for all the advice.

10. Double_Player

Double_Player Regular Member

Soong your coach? I don't know him but I know he got a signature series racket made by blackknight

11. blahblah

blahblah Regular Member

yup hes my coach. Hes really good (at both coaching and playing:p ). And yes he does have his own signature racket made by Blackknight.

12. markburry_90

markburry_90 Regular Member

Dominic Soong

I attended a badminton camp this week in New Brunswick with Dominic Soong. He is an amazing player as well as coach,

he stayed in the same house as me. Nice guy. No he restrings rackets with a $2000-$3000 machine he told me. very fast. 20 minutes. he restrung mine.

Anyway, he is an excellent guy, and i really learned a lot from the camp.:D :D :D :D :D