User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Strange leg pain

Hey, im going to see a sports doctor about this but want to get the opinions of people here as well. Over the past 4-5 days I've gotten this wierd pain when I bend my knee a certain way. Its not so much the knee that hurts is the back of my knee joint area and my calves. Its an acute debilitating pain that happens very suddenly with certain movements but does not hurt when I am not doing the movements. When I do hit the certain spot while bending my leg and the pain strikes, my leg kind of gives out underneath me momentarily. Not enough for me the fall tho. I've been stretching my IT band and massaging my legs a lot in the hopes that maybe the pain is caused by tight ligaments or muscles. Anyone else experience anything like this b4? or have any advice?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your leg is giving way, it's either a torn knee ligament, or a meniscus problem. Better let it heal and not stretch it too much.
    But in any cases, go see your doc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

strange thing is, it seems to be getting better on its own

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eurasian =--(O)
    strange thing is, it seems to be getting better on its own
    That's no reason not to see a doctor, is it?
    I mean, there could be problems later on, and you'd want to avoid that. And your doctor might give you tips to avoid such an injury.

It's well worth a cautionary visit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also had some strange leg pain. I have pain on the front & below of the knee, not the join but the bone itself. I finally decided to get a top of the line yonex shoes, and the problem went away. Now i play three times a week, 3-4hrs each time. And no problem

Getting good shoes is the best investment you can make if you play badminton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a knee pain sorta like u described.
    Tendonitis, really hurts when u do a fast movement cos the muscle pulls the tendon really fast, when u rest it feels fine.
    Go to ur doc neway even if it feels like its clearing up. When i had tendonitis i kept ignoring it cos it wasn't hurting all the time, when i did go to the docs i had to take 4weeks off cos of the extended damage i did to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have this exact same pain in my leg right now. im a righty, but the pain is in my left leg whcih is weird since i dont lunge with that one. ive been debating about whether to see a doctor since it has been getting better by itself, but after reading what the guy above said, im goin this weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

my question comes under the same category as this, i fell over when i was doig p.e. yesterday and i am getting exactly the same sort of pain as described in this thread. i managed to play badminton last night but when i dived or did a big lunge my leg would "buckle". i just wanted to know how easy it is to do a ligament and whether i should stop playing, the pain is at the back of my knee and a bit to the side. once i get warmed up and going i can bare the pain but i want to make sure i want be doing any more damage.

thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lindanfan
    my question comes under the same category as this, i fell over when i was doig p.e. yesterday and i am getting exactly the same sort of pain as described in this thread. i managed to play badminton last night but when i dived or did a big lunge my leg would "buckle". i just wanted to know how easy it is to do a ligament and whether i should stop playing, the pain is at the back of my knee and a bit to the side. once i get warmed up and going i can bare the pain but i want to make sure i want be doing any more damage.

thanks
    1. stop playing
    2. see a physio/doctor asap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i went to the doctors today and she told me that the pain caused by BAKERS CYST. im getting an ultra-sound over the weekend to see what's really going on. she recommended me not to play a lot until the results are back.