Cab 20, 21 or 23

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Phil, Apr 21, 2001.

1. Phil

Phil Guest

Help, I can't make a decision on which racquet to get. I tried out a friend's 21, and I like it much better than my current iso 800. Are the 20 or 23 better?

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    cab 20 long, 22, 25 to name a few. others may know more. I have a cab 20 power which i think is the same as cab 22.

3. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    phil, why do u find the cabs better than ur iso? I'm curious to know...i'm about to get a new racquet and was considering the 800....but if cabs are better i'll go for that. The cab23 is quite head heavy and somewhat stiff(i dont think its as stiff as ur iso). Its got an MP frame up at the top. power is good from it. I had a cab10(similar to cab23, but not as head heavy and prolly not as stiff), i had great power from this racquet...so i'd imagine the cab23 even better...and control is great too.

4. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Phil,

I think u should select a 21 if u are a defensive player and 20 if u are an offensive player.

I think 23 is not as durable as the other 2.

Best of luck!

5. ari

ari Guest

how about cab 25 and 22?i have cab22 and on the top frame,it's written smash power theory,whats the meaning?i believe the best of cab20 is cab 20 tour sp(not special)it is a good one....cab 23 is new one,still not sure whether it is good

6. Phil

Phil Guest

well the iso 800 I have is really head heavy... and I don't like it because the time it takes me to get used to it. For a while I haven't been playing badminton regularly, so it took about about 4 months just the build up the proper muscle to handle the racquet. Even then, when blocking shots and playing doubles, the racquet feels like it doesn't want to move. The carb 21 is really nicely balanced, even though the sweet spot isn't as big

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    The cab 23 seems quite head heavy to me. Moving the racquet around doesn;t seem so easy with it though I haven't been able to use it in a tough game.

8. Mike

Mike Guest

If Phil doesn't like ISO 800, then you have probably ruled out Cab 20 and Cab 22, as they are as (very) stiff as ISO 800. If Cab 23 is also head heavy, then the only choice is Cab 21.

I have a Cab 25 that I never got a chance to get used to. But on one of my most weird days, that nothing works, and that I cannot even blame it on my racquets :) ( I have 4 others), then I dig out the Cab 25 and it works like a charm! Maybe it just this Cab 25, which I think is exactly the same (in material and stiffness) as my long, lost friend Cab 21, which retire with honor 2 years ago.

Mike

9. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I've tried Cab 20 (2U) before (not play game, just put it on hand) and it seems that it is quite heavy and stiff. Do you mean the weight of Cab 23 is more towards the head ? As I found that both Cab 23 and Cab 20 are more the less the same in terms of weight.

10. Phil

Phil Guest

Well is not really the weight of the iso 800 that bothers me, it is the balance point. When i tried the cab 21, i felt it was heavier (this was a pretty old cab 21). But the balance point was very neutral. Head heavy is only good when you can get the racquet in the right direction, and damn aweful for quickly changing direction with the racquet. I also have a cab 8, but that one, the weight it near the base of the racquet, meaning not much power when i swing

11. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Exactly. The cab23 feels more head-heavy..well, your one does. :eek:)

I'd have to disagree about the cab20 being stiff. It's more towards the middle of the range.

I'd also disagree about it being heavy as well..how did you get that idea? Do you think the type of strings the racquet is strung in makes a difference e.g. strung with a thicker string may make the racquet feel heavy.....

12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Exactly. The cab23 feels more head-heavy..well, your one does. :eek:)

I'd have to disagree about the cab20 being stiff. It's more towards the middle of the range.

I'd also disagree about it being heavy as well..how did you get that idea? Do you think the type of strings the racquet is strung in makes a difference e.g. strung with a thicker string may make the racquet feel heavy.....

13. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    You are probably right. According to Yonex catalog, stiffness of Cab 20 is a little bit above the middle (less stiff than Cab 23). Anyway, I were not saying that it is as stiff as racquet like Ti-10 or ISO 900 SX, but I just got this feeling when I play around the Cab 20 - perhaps I've been influenced too much by my Mizuno racquets (these are my default racquets in last 3 to 4 months). I really shouldn't compare the stiffness of Yonex racquets with racquets I normally use (Mizuno racquets are highly flexible, even more flexible than the Ti SP SA).

For weight, I've tried Cab 20, Cab 22 and Cab 23 so far (all are 2U) - Cab 22 "feels" the lightest among three. Cab 20 is more the less the same as Cab23, but Cab 23 is more head heavy. Again, I've probably been influenced too much by racquets I normally used these days - Mizuno MMP100, MMP300, and sometime Yonex ISO 900 SR - all these are very light racquets. In fact, I think most 2U racquets are heavy nowadays !

Finally, I don't think the type of string will make too much difference on the weight.

14. ALI

ALI Regular Member

Student
    Ari,

You mean there's a difference between the Cab 20 Tour SP and the Cab 20 Tour Special?

I thought that SP = SPECIAL. Looks like I'm wrong.