ISO 75 to MP 44

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by //.kev, Mar 14, 2006.

1. //.kev

//.kev Regular Member

ok, i was thinking about buying either a MP44 or a ISO 75 and i was wonder if it was a good choice to go with the MP44 or ISO 75. I play singles and id rather be on the offensive. The ISO is about $60 and the MP is $120 and its in canadian dollars.

2. SPaterson

SPaterson Regular Member

Student, Programmer
    If you feel your skills aren't particularly sharp, perhaps an experienced beginner, I'd suggest the Iso 75 would be 'easier' to use.

But I also feel the MP44 is quite an easy racquet to use, and I think it'd be better for offensive play, as it's longer(?, +10mm?), probably closer to Even balance than the Iso is therefore generally more powerful. Flexibility of the shaft is personal preference and depending on the player, can provide more or less power, I think both racquets have flexible shafts, which are generally Good for lower/lower-medium skilled players in my opinion. The MP44 is generally 'better', however skill and such is an even more important.

Both are decent choices, go which ever you feel comfortable buying. If money is a key factor, I'd say go for the Iso 75 and work on skill instead.

Consider other brands. I feel Yonex's mid to high end racquets are good, however Better racquets can be bought when paying for their lower end racquets for the same price by other manufacturers.

3. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    i would go with mp44

its headlight and flex, iso75 feel more sluggish

as for flex on the shaft, stronger(physical and skill) the stiffer shaft you would prefer, weaker and less skillful people would benefit more w/ a softer shaft

4. K3vin

K3vin Regular Member

Well, ive had my mp 44 for 3 years now. It was very easy to adjust to and play with at the beginning, although I lost some power compared to the cheap 10 dollar racket i was using before. It is a good racket to use for defense; moves quickly. The power aspect of this racket is very weak, unless you have a very fast swing. I am now finally going to get a mp99 after trying it out. Mp99 takes much less power to clear and delievers a powerful smash. If you are just beginning to play, I suggest you get the Iso75 and save your money. Once you feel that you are good enough with technique, fitness, etc., try out and buy one of the higher end rackets.

5. //.kev

//.kev Regular Member

I bought the mp44.

i found that its pretty easy to control but lacks power. Plus i prefer Yonex raquets.

Thanks for the advice. :)