User Tag List

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy75
    I second that!
    Great when it's wet eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    Swimming suits don't have to be all white. For badminton attire, the shirt can have a few patches of colour but the majority is white and the shorts definitely must be white.
    I really don't think i can get a white shorts here... Maybe I will try my luck when i get to Van... But I doubt I will wear it ever for the 2nd time...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Swimming suits don't have to be all white. For badminton attire, the shirt can have a few patches of colour but the majority is white and the shorts definitely must be white.
    So, I assume our BF shirt or some Yonex polo shirt can do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, are we really that predictable?! Anyway, it's your choice. We don't mind the extra sceneries.

Quote Originally Posted by frendies
    Great when it's wet eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think BF shirt is fine. To be on the safe side, do find another one that has greater white coverage .

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    So, I assume our BF shirt or some Yonex polo shirt can do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Now now . . . we shouldn't keep "our" observation discreet .

Quote Originally Posted by cappy75
    Damn, are we really that predictable?! Anyway, it's your choice. We don't mind the extra sceneries.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they should change the dress code. Behind time! Even traditional IBF has abolished that rule and we can enjoy the sight of attractive colours for IBF events!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am sure you can talk to the administer at VLTBC when you visit us .

Quote Originally Posted by Loh
    I think they should change the dress code. Behind time! Even traditional IBF has abolished that rule and we can enjoy the sight of attractive colours for IBF events!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sure you can talk to the administer at VLTBC when you visit us .
    Can we make the distance shorter through email? Otherwise, by the time I reached Vancouver, I'll be so shagged that I'll die of the torture like what you guys will be meting out to LB & Co., notwithstanding LB's buddy, cappy75's intermittent rescue attempts.

If LB, being so young, strong and resilient, is still feeling the adverse effects of "the punishment" (at least psychologically), I wonder what will become of me? SHATTERED beyond recognition!

Please have mercy on LB!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we make the distance shorter through email? Otherwise, by the time I reached Vancouver, I'll be so shagged that I'll die of the torture like what you guys will be meting out to LB & Co., notwithstanding LB's buddy, cappy75's intermittent rescue attempts.

If LB, being so young, strong and resilient, is still feeling the adverse effects of "the punishment" (at least psychologically), I wonder what will become of me? SHATTERED beyond recognition!

Please have mercy on LB!
    Bwahahahah! Fools! Your pathetic pleas fall on deaf ears! LB IS DOOMED! Bwahahahahah!!!! **cough***cough***cough** Doomed I tell you! Bwahahahahaha!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badrad
    Bwahahahah! Fools! Your pathetic pleas fall on deaf ears! LB IS DOOMED! Bwahahahahah!!!! **cough***cough***cough** Doomed I tell you! Bwahahahahaha!!!
    fresh meats for VRC hounds

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As per my conversation with LB earlier, this trip will include more than just baddie tortures. Who can get away the Grouse Grind ? Other sightseeings will be arranged . . .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please have mercy on LB!
    What can i say... The best way is to fight through, and rescue myself...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default fine line between pain and pleasure

an analysis of LB subject.

Excerpt from a medical article

The nucleus accumbens is the engine of the reward response. And, in their study, the UCSF researchers determined that the reward pathway activates pain relief through the release of both opioids, a morphine-like drug produced by the body, and dopamine, a chemical messenger whose effects can be mimicked by amphetamine and cocaine, in this structure. The finding overturns the long-held assumption that the release of dopamine in the nucleus accumbens is associated only with positive experiences.

The evolutionary value of a rush of analgesia is clear, as it could allow, for example, a badly injured individual to escape an attacker. It probably could also explain why some individuals can be injured without persistent pain. But the phenomenon may also explain why heroin addicts, in withdrawal, can experience pain or increased sensitivity to painful stimuli. "It may be that one of the reasons people stay addicted is to avoid going through this unpleasant state of withdrawal," said Gear.

Under other conditions, it's possible that a painful stimulus, by activating the nucleus accumbens, might itself be experienced as rewarding, as appears to occur in self-injurious behaviors. Interestingly, treatment for this class of disorders, characterized by pursuit of painful experiences often for apparent thrill-seeking value, includes administration of naloxone, a drug that blocks the effects of opioids in this reward circuit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default texts from one blogger on pain and pleasure

First off, have any of you seen The Matrix? I know its just a sci-fi movie, but the 'architect' (matrix 2) stated that he tried to introduce a world with no pain, no suffering. But the progam didn't take. millions of "crops" (humans) were lost. He believed that it is human nature to feel pain, and to suffer. To define their life, humans need to suffer.

I also believe this. For there to be joy, there also has to be an element of sadness. For pleasure, pain. Without pain, pleasure doesn't exist. Pleasure then becomes normal, and who wants normal? People seek pleasure to escape normal, and what is there to long for once unlimited pleasure is available?

I read another study similar to this one. Uses mice the same as this one, but instead of directing movement, the scientists wanted to see if the heartbeat of the mice is controllable by the individual mouse. So, they connect the mouse's brain up to the electronics to induce pleasure. Every time the mouse's heart rate goes down, the mouse gets the shock inducing euphoria. The mouse soon realizes what is making them feel so good, so gradually they reduce their own heartrate lower and lower eventually leading to their death. This is a very scary situation. A pleasure so enveloping that they forsake their own life for another jolt. In specific controlled applications, this can be a very useful feature, but given to the public for unlimited use would be catastrophic

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What about friendies? Will she fight it out like you ?

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    What can i say... The best way is to fight through, and rescue myself...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about friendies? Will she fight it out like you ?
    Well, I have to make sure she fights even harder. Otherwise, I have little chance to survive...

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast