String Patterns

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by quik_silver, Mar 17, 2006.

1. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
    Just wondering for awhile now, do string pattern really affect the racquet? I have seen different threads about string patterns, and I saw some "special" patterns for AT800, NS7000 and NS8000. Can other racquets such as TI-10 follow those patterns for AT800 or NS's.:confused:

2. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Regular Member

Chances are, no. Because AT800, N7K, N8K have extra grommets that traditional racquets such as the Ti-10 don't. You can apply the same principles (e.g., 1-piece or 2-piece, top-down or bottom-up, etc.), but not the actual pattern as in grommet counts because they would be different.

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    The regular rackets (2 strings share a gromment on the top) can NOT use the special string pattern for AT800 or NS series. Because, you don't have the extra gromments on the top.

If a so-call "special string pattern" is simply adding / removing 1 cross string (usually at the very top or very bottom), mostly it should have minimal performance effect on the racket. However, certain manufacture might void your warranty, if you don't follow their recommended string pattern. :rolleyes:

4. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Just want to be funny here. You can create or use any string pattern you want. You can even string the racquet pattern diagonally like some of the tennis pro do. You might break your frame or play like crap. However, you will know which pattern work and which one does. Just like Mr Edison, he failed 1000 time on the light bulb material. But he gain the knowlege knowing that there are 1000 materials does not work well...

PS. I don't have the time or money to do all those experiments. I let Yonex do it for me and I just follow it blindly for Yonex racquet...

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    why asking this silly question? Just look at the grommets, ti10 differ from NS series. If u have 5 fingers, of course your glove look different than a glove for a 6 fingered person. As u r a ti10 fan, why are u so concern about nanospeed pattern and its effect on its performance:p Why do u want a 'great ti10' to look and perform like a nanospeed?

6. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Or string the racquet using the infamous fly squash pattern ;).

7. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

may be we can drill a few grommet holes on the beautiful ti-10. That really hurt...

8. quik_silver

Analyst
    lol, i wouldnt want to hurt my ti-10 like that >=P. Drilling holes, that's crazy talk.

9. quik_silver

Analyst
    Well I was just curious, since I ain't no Nanospeed fan. I didn't know Nanospeed had mroe grommets than Ti-10. So then, I wouldn't really know the difference between Ti-10 and Nano/Armortec. But since now, I know that Armortec and Nanospeed have more grommets, all I have to say is, "People learn something new everyday." :D:D

ps: I know it's a silly question for SOME people like me. :p

10. quik_silver

Analyst
    Squahs pattern, eh? Naw, I don't think so, squash is squash, badminton is badmitnon. :):D