warming up

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by odjn, Mar 20, 2006.

1. odjn

odjn Regular Member

Student
    I'm not exactly sure if this topic has been discussed before, but i wasn't able to find anything with my limited human searching power skills. ANYWAYS...
    How about discussing how we warm up. I've always wondered if there are certain ways to warm up which are better than others. Maybe doing different shots in different secquences can maybe have some sort of advantage?

I usually just see people clearing and smashing during warm ups!!!

2. kaizen

kaizen Regular Member

Student

I guess, jogging would be good. It can be a warm-up and help you with your fitness at the same time. After jogging, do stretching- from head to toe or toe to head. I don't know if these are better, but that's what I think.

3. slayerette

slayerette Regular Member

student
    sometimes they clear n smash because they have already warmed-up b4hand. be it outside the hall or watever. if you've read the recount of the 12 yr old boy n his encounter with the chinese team u might remember how he mentioned something abt seeing lin dan jogging outside the hall, warming up for his game. after warm-up, when ur muscles r warm(u noe this when the 1st drop of perspiration appears) then u do proper stretching! warm up must always be done b4 stretching. the clears n smashes r probably to get a feel of the game b4 playing it....get their momentum going,etc