User Tag List

Thread: London Counties

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default London Counties

Just a quick question that maybe someone could answer for me as I'm new to the London Badminton scene and fairly confused, well not confused, just a bit puzzled (okay okay, thats kind of the same) but why is it that you have something like 5 different county boards to run badminton in the greater london area.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have these 5 boards run their individual leagues/tournaments and then have a seperate greater london board say zone1 to zone 6 or something then have bordering clubs deciding on which leagues to enter.

I would have thought this would have made more sense! Or am I not looking in the right places.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. The league is based on counties and London seems to fall in a gap between counties. It's quite strange really.

Then again, think about cricket, there are a number of county teams but where does London fit in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i can't comment on the cricket scene as i dont know anything about the sport, but i came across the london softball website which seems to have a good set up.

i can understand where the badminton association may be coming from regarding county players etc. but if you're lucky enough to reach that standard, whats wrong with a) having him/her represent the county in which their club is based, or b) the county in which he/she lives, or c) create a london county with set guidelines as to who qualifies.