User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongReach
    With all due respect, this is a thread about discussing the pro's and con's of the new point system. It is interesting to hear everyones feeling on this, it is not bi**ching just an exchange of views on the matter.

I ask many people in the crowd at the games........people i knew and people I didn't.................not one person said they enjoyed watching with the new point system over the old.
    Dude, I just said to watch more badminton and enough whining. The forum has been overpopulated with hate posts in recent time just because the IBF decided to try something new.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upsets are gona flow all over the place with the new scoring, mayb not for the top 2 seeds but for lower ranked players it happens a lot...
    Just like both the indian 2nd singles doing much better than their 1st singles...
    And even beat aamir lmaoRofl.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in the flaming department, fend is the leader.

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...highlight=cork

you bark alot but then raise a 'be nice plea' flag when cornered.
    when coast is clear, u go back barking.

Longreach, as a new member in BF, u have good judgement of character. I think your bow hunting skill has something to do with it.
    Last edited by cooler; 03-20-2006 at 11:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler

you bark alot but then raise 'be nice plea' flag when cornered.
    Hey cooler. 'Sup? Time flies you know mate, I've matured a bit more over that period of abscence from this forum and am trying to reduce immature postings on my side of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From players' point of view, we know the new system benefits those who can be aggressive from the beginning but not durable, but is a bad thing for those who warms up slowly but fitter. Can you guys list out players that belong to the two extreme categories? We can take it as a prediction of the rises and falls of players in the long run should this system be permanently adopted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Longreach, as a new member in BF, u have good judgement of character. I think your bow hunting skill has something to do with it.

Yeah, I only shoot people who are rude to others!.......lol

Nah just joking....if that was the case i would have a trophy room full of them.hehe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=cooler]in the flaming department, fend is the leader.

quote]

lol.....I like that saying very fitting.
    Yeah, i think from now on i will just ignore him.......unless ofcourse he has something decent to say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Inky2000
    From players' point of view, we know the new system benefits those who can be aggressive from the beginning but not durable, but is a bad thing for those who warms up slowly but fitter. Can you guys list out players that belong to the two extreme categories? We can take it as a prediction of the rises and falls of players in the long run should this system be permanently adopted.
    INA taufik is a slow starter. Ex. athen olympic MS final.
    MAL Ong Ewe Hock alway start with flare and pistol shooting but whimper out later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongReach
    Yeah, I only shoot people who are rude to others!.......lol

Nah just joking....if that was the case i would have a trophy room full of them.hehe.
    don't be shy, tell us that you nail the target's head and then u cook and eat your kills on the spot. Seriously, bow hunting is alot tougher than rifle hunting.
    Last edited by cooler; 03-21-2006 at 12:56 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't be shy, tell us that u cook and eat your kills on the spot. Seriously, bow hunting is alot tougher than rifle hunting.
    bow hunting takes skill too, as well as strength and discipline. so if longreach is into that, kudos! also extremely ballsy if you are staring down a charging grizzly with just one arrow...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badrad
    bow hunting takes skill too, as well as strength and discipline. so if longreach is into that, kudos! also extremely ballsy if you are staring down a charging grizzly with just one arrow...
    Aussies are blessed with no grizzlies or the grizzlies die off long ago due to heat stroke, hehe
    Last edited by cooler; 03-21-2006 at 01:01 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aussies are blessed with no grizzlies
    maybe some crazed 'roos? or a rabid koala?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badrad
    maybe some crazed 'roos? or a rabid koala?
    didn't i just said longreach has good judgement of characters around here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INA taufik is a slow starter. Ex. athen olympic MS final.
    MAL Ong Ewe Hock alway start with flare and pistol shooting but whimper out later.
    Okay, we have two names now (except that OEH has been out of action for so long ... don't tell me he will grab this opportunity to come back - a bit too "old" anyway).

Anybody else? Or the rest of the top guns belong to neither categories but just in between?

On the other hand, would such an "effect" or "phenomenon" less likely in doubles events?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by weeyet
    After watching today's Commonwealth Games, from a spectator point of view, I feel that 21-point is more exciting.

But, I like to see those 'come-backs' when a player is trailing 8-13, 9-14, I think this is hard to happen in the new point system

I started playing 21-point scoring since last week and yesterday (2 sessions). In total I played 5-6 games of 21-point on each sessions, previously when using 15-point, I only can last 3-4 games each session (8-12 midnight). Yesterday we had a game with the scoreline of 30-28. I was a spectator. I did not support any of the pairs but just to have a record of maximum score I cheered for the trailing pair to get even. At the end it was a exciting match to watch. At one point the losing pair was leading 19-12, just with one serve the winning pair managed to level at 19-19 all (taking 7 points with one serve).

In 21-point systems, when a pair is leading more than 4 points before the score reach 10, the leading pair have better chances to win the game. When you are trailing 4 or more points early in the games, ones has to start chasing and not when your oponent is at 17 points and above.

Average games is 10 minutes, so in 4 hours we used up 2 dozens of shuttlecorks. Each game entitled for 1 birdie, additional birder, losing pair will pay RM2.00 each. Surprisingly all the games end up with 1 birdie (due to shorter time spend on each game, and the trailing pair usually requested for the used shuttlecorks instead of new shuttlecorks to avoid paying extra if they have no confidence of winning. If no used birdie, they have no choice but have to use new birdie).

We have 13-14 average to advanced regular players, patiently waiting for next games in one and only badminton court in town . Everybody happy because the waiting time is shorter. Everybody no longer playing with fancy strokes. My last game ended with 26-24, what an exciting game to play!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new system is going through a trial period. In May, 2006 a decision will be made to either adopt or drop it. The old system has been with us even before most of us were born. Players of all shades have adapted, crafted, strategised, and some even 'cheat' under the old system. Right now, most competitive players are slowly adapting to the new system, some fully committed, others not completely, because its adoption has not been finalized yet.
    Once its finalized, that is if they can get the 2/3 votes, we can expect to find coaches and court-craft strategists devising and exploring a thousand and one strategies and tactics to get optimal performance from the new system. Right now it is too early to say who will benefit and who will lose out under the new system. Players will find concentration and the ability to stay focused at all time will stand them in good stead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats crazy how can the 21 point system be better.it has only made badmiton worst.i was watching the republic of male vs jamacia action on court 2 on channel 5 before i left for school.i noticed that the points were played very quickly due to both players constant attack.resulting in lesser rallies and more power smashes to win.and both players defending were not that good resulting in really less exciting game.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast