User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    Once its finalized, that is if they can get the 2/3 votes, we can expect to find coaches and court-craft strategists devising and exploring a thousand and one strategies and tactics to get optimal performance from the new system. Right now it is too early to say who will benefit and who will lose out under the new system. Players will find concentration and the ability to stay focused at all time will stand them in good stead.
    So let me rephrase my question: (Instead of asking who will benefit ...) who need less efforts to adopt themselves to the new system as their original playing styles fit the new system perfectly ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shawn30_k
    thats crazy how can the 21 point system be better.it has only made badmiton worst.i was watching the republic of male vs jamacia action on court 2 on channel 5 before i left for school.i noticed that the points were played very quickly due to both players constant attack.resulting in lesser rallies and more power smashes to win.and both players defending were not that good resulting in really less exciting game.
    mmm. You may have a point with it being more smashes. But isn't that part of badminton? Isn't that the goal of the IBF to promote the sport as an aggressive sport and kill the stigma of it being a backyard sport which has hardly any action.

What do you guys mean there are less rallies. Do you guys rather see no movement in points? Please elaborate as I recall that the top class matches have an average of about 30 - 40 shots in a rally in the Commonwealth Games?

P.S All personal attacks to my pms please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    don't be shy, tell us that you nail the target's head and then u cook and eat your kills on the spot. Seriously, bow hunting is alot tougher than rifle hunting.
    LOL

Yes. It took many years of being out there to learn enough to be proficient in taking game. I have been doing it since i was 18 and am now 28, 10 years.

Learning to get withing 5-40 meters of game is the hardest to master and knowing where to find game. Guns are too easy.......to get within 70-200 meters.

I do eat some of the things I shoot........exept feral pigs and large mountain/feral goats.........small goats are the best meat I have ever shot and ate. Kangaroo is nice but I do not shoot them........it is illegal to do so......but if I had to on a survival camp and there was nothing else....maybe.

After all these years and learning all I have so far(still have alot to learn), I would never use a gun/rifle..........you don't need to.....plus it is too noisy and scares animals away with the loud bang, and is no where as challenging as using a bow and arrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badrad
    maybe some crazed 'roos? or a rabid koala?

Nah no grizzly bear or koala's with rabbies,lol

The only things that are dangerous here are:

Water Buffalo
    Scrub Bulls ( most dangerous, Wild cows!) Trust me they are bad asses.
    Wild Dogs ( yes domestic dogs gone wild, usually big hunting dogs)
    Snakes, Spiders. Lots of different types.
    Crocodiles.

Aslong as you are carefull you should be ok.......never go by yourself though...always have someone with you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Below is my own opinion.

21 points (Fast bullet and/or undurable)
    1) Lee Chong Wei

15 points (slow starter)
    1) Lin Dan
    2) Taufik hidayat
    3) Chen Hong

Anyone can add?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FEND.
    Please elaborate as I recall that the top class matches have an average of about 30 - 40 shots in a rally in the Commonwealth Games?
    really?
    what discipline?
    I ask because I have stats showing the average length of a rally in MS is about 8.5 shots (from top class events and players ranging from 1982 to 2005) in 3x15
    The longest rally in a game would be around 30-ish

I doubt if even WD would average > 30 shots per rally

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watch the games at TV, i like the photograph angle where it is taken from top view when the doubles is serve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the new system will benefit many Malaysian player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weeyet
    I think the new system will benefit many Malaysian player
    As what 7x5 system did ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

I'm not sure what the IBF are looking for. We went through this with 7x5. The 15 point system is fine. All they are doing is wasting time and money again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Somebody, not something

Bottom line, badminton is not getting popular so something has to be blame, so the scoring system is the scape goat. In my opinion, somebody who's running the badminton association should be blame, not something like 15-point scoring system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just want to say, I support the old 15 pts system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Nicholls
    really?
    what discipline?
    I ask because I have stats showing the average length of a rally in MS is about 8.5 shots (from top class events and players ranging from 1982 to 2005) in 3x15
    The longest rally in a game would be around 30-ish

I doubt if even WD would average > 30 shots per rally

Yeah, I don't think there were any rallies when I watched that were long rallies at all. I would agree it is around 8-10 shots

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your arguments about rallies getting shorter is wrong. Matches finish quicker yes but that means its getting less rallies rather than the rallies themselves getting shorter.

Fine, I might be wrong on average rallies per game, but isn't it still the same with the old scoring?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Inky2000
    So let me rephrase my question: (Instead of asking who will benefit ...) who need less efforts to adopt themselves to the new system as their original playing styles fit the new system perfectly ...
    It is still too early to say. However, players who have an open mind and who are very keen to switch and adapt to the new system instead of being 'forced' to would benefit initially. Longer term it will be a level playing field, as a new generation of players will take over and they wouldn't know what the old system was all about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FEND.
    Your arguments about rallies getting shorter is wrong. Matches finish quicker yes but that means its getting less rallies rather than the rallies themselves getting shorter.

Fine, I might be wrong on average rallies per game, but isn't it still the same with the old scoring?
    Yes it would be close.

However i am a very tactical player........when I have serve I play differently than if getting served to.

When i get served to.....I play more of a defencive game and play more 'high percentage shots' , shots that i have little chance in making errors.

When serving I play more aggressively, I play alot of steep smashes and sharp drops. As I have the safety of losing serve and not a point.

This new system would mean changing my tactics....which have served me well.

I have the ability to adapt, but i feel with the new system I would choose a more deffencive game.........for the whole game and seldom play aggressively.......might be boring, as when I have the serve I play like an animal and when I don't i play very defencively trying to draw the opponents own errors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha yes...tactics all different.

i was watching Lee Chong Wei (MAS) play Aamir Ghaffer (ENG) in the mixed teams events gold medal match,

score was 21-8 and 21-8

Seriously, if it was the 15 point system that was clearly a score similiar to 15-2 15-0 ---> thrashing

Big gap in talent, but with this new scoring system, we'll begin to see top players becoming more human!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Games will be much closer; it is so very hard not to concede a point!!!!

I dont think ive ever seen a 21-0 ......closest one was Stuart Brehaut (AUS) vs some Kenyan guy....he was leading 17-0, then gave away one point....21-1 at the end...

my two cents --> dont know what you think of that guys!
    Last edited by FrenziedEye; 03-21-2006 at 11:48 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast