Shoulder Injury

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Byro-Nenium, Apr 25, 2001.

1. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I'm someone who is prone to injuries. I've got an ankle, shoulder and knee injury iin a single day before because of Badminton and soccer. Today i've got another shoulder injury while playing badminton. My shoulder feels like although its too weak to support the weight of my arm anymore.

The last time i was advised not to play and just rest. I got a shoulder support from my school for now. Anyone else had a shoulder injury before? If so, how did you tackle it? btw i have a big tournament in 2 days......

thanx for all replies......

2. Don

Don Regular Member

Rest, and physiotherapy. My shoulders are really built and I don't have the dislocation problem anymore. Plus, take a look at your technique, it maybe wrong.

3. James

James Guest

I used to have shoulder pain because of badminton playing. Wu WenKai, the former world's single player champion, told me a trick to cure the pain: hold two heavy objects (one in each hand); stand straight; raise and lower your shoulders until you are tired (don't over do it at the begining, though). It works for me. It only took me a week or so to cure my pain.

4. Shahzad

Shahzad Guest

I really reccommend that you rest your shoulder...you may have a tournament in a few days but you dont want to do any serious damage.

Just a word of warning...plz rest it cos my uncle was in a similair situation, he was told to rest it but played in a tournament and seriously damaged his shoulder...he tore the ligiments, he even saw numerous physios and they couldnt do anything. He was out for three years and still cannot play very competitively because of this injury. Now he has moved onto squash becuase of the underarm shots, it is the overarm shots that still cause pain in his shoulder.

Dont want to scare you but just take care, i am also in school and i always disregard people telling me to stop playing but something like this can turn bad very fast.

All the best

:)

5. May

May Guest

I never knew injuries were contagious***sarcastic tone***. Last week, my school's c girls badminton team were either injured or sick. I belong to the injured group and therefore missed 2 days of school, badminton training, and a mother tongue test. :rolleye: Got a scolding from the doc 4 not wariming up.

6. Eluder

Eluder Regular Member

student
    when i was beginner player i had such a injury but now i am warming up each time before begin play badminton and now i dont have eny shoulder pain - warming up helps me, mabe u try doing it...(without warming up u can play chess not badminton..lol)

peace!

7. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

shoulder injurys relate to bad technicque. In badminton, this is mostly during the follow through phase of the smash. If you lift weights, check your form. Most people lift using improper form which puts more stress on their shoulders than necessary.

See here for more information:
    http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=14072