What do ya think bout the new scoring system?

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by mona_san, Mar 21, 2006.

1. mona_san

mona_san Regular Member

I find it very boring to watch. The game goes so fast. It just isnt right. Please correct and protest to the regular system. Comment please!:rolleyes:

2. terry

terry Regular Member

i only found interesting when it comes to 20-20 all, but the rest it's seem like point goes too fast. Not attractive at all. I wonder BC member start play using new scoring format? For my group, we still using the 15x3 format.

3. tutu_h

tutu_h Regular Member

you pay ur ticket for less than an hour to see ur idol playing:mad: :mad: :mad: . not worth it anymore.

4. Chire

Chire Regular Member

That's so true, the only good point of the new scoring system is that it makes badminton more TV schedule friendly (as if badminton is shown on TV much anyway). There's no more fighting back when the game is 20-10, it's already decided.

5. yamhill

yamhill Regular Member

Student
    i think the new scoring system is much more exciting and tv friendly-format, but it should be 4/5 sets

6. ploppers

ploppers Regular Member

Well if the score is 20-10, it would be like 14-1 or 2 with the old system. There is not much fighting back from that either.

7. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    no miracle in 21-points rally system :) ... ibf hates a miracle :)

8. vaniko

vaniko Regular Member

there was a tournament last week that i went....we played the 21points system...hmMmm` i didnt really like it...since it's kind of tiring without a break inbetween`

9. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

I just managed to watch the China Masters Final match between Chen Jin and Peter Gade. It was very sad to watch PG lost the firt set because of a bad line call. I think they need to make other changes before the new system can work properly (like introducing second line judge). And yeah, with the new system, you can forget about miracle comeback. Also expect some surprise win when the game is very close, and not necessary comes from being skillful.

10. McJonas

McJonas Regular Member

I THINK THAT THERE IS BOTH THINGS THAT ARE BETTER AND THINGS THERE
    ARE WORSE WITH THE NEW SYSTEM.

BETTER IS THAT THERE WILL BE MORE UPSETS IN MATCHES BETWEEN HIGH RANKED AND LOVER RANKED PLAYERS.
    OTHER IS THE TV FACTOR. THE NEW SYSTEM IS BETTER FOR TV, BECAURSE GAMES ISNT THAT LONG WITH THE NEW SYSTEM, BUT ON THE OTHER HAND TENNISMATCHES CAN BE UNBELIEVELY LONG, BUT TV STILL SHOWS IT, SO THAT ARGUMENT DOESNT WORK.

THE WORST THING WITH THE NEW SYSTEM IS THAT IT REWARDS SAFE PLAYING AND THAT IS NOT THEY I SEE BADMINTON MOVING.:mad:

AND IF I MAY SAY, THAT THE NEW SYSTEM DIDNT WORK IN TABLETENNIS, SO WHY SHOULD IT WORK IN BADMINTON:confused:

NO I SAY BRING BACK THE BEST OF 5 SETS TO 7, OR MAKE IT BEST OF 7 SET TO 11 WITH RUNNING SCORE;)