how to pin your opponent at the net

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by checkthemc, Mar 21, 2006.

1. checkthemc

checkthemc Regular Member

None/Student
    I'm have decent net play and unfortunately my opponents catch on and avoid using the net. They either drive or clear back my drops and often use deceptive flicks to keep me pinned to the back. What kind of shots would one do in singles to take advantage of superior net play?

2. rickykong

rickykong Regular Member

My 2 cents opinion is, try to combine your net play with a lot of attacking clear; by doing that, your opponent will be in pressure and have to reply in drop to front court; otherwise, he will surely end up with half court returns and you just kill them...

3. jerby

jerby Regular Member

take advantage of their stupidity: you get a lot of lobs. do 2 sharp drops. or somesharp smashes (good angle) and then a fas clear...pinning to the net is also possible form the backline...

rember that with all that droppign you need to be fast enough when they finally dó netdrop it back...

4. Mikie

Mikie Regular Member

banker
    i can add to jerby's answer...
    If you can be fast to the net just do not rush forward after whatever shot you've made from the back - just 1 or 2 chasse steps to the point half-a-meter from the singles service line. This can lure yr opponent to stop the shuttle and then you can offer yr net game (always provided you are fast to the net from the baseline). And even if not, and there will be another clear - you'll get it comfortably as you've not left the rear court...