Malaysia memang boleh!!!!

Discussion in 'Commonwealth Games 2006 Badminton' started by siaowei, Mar 22, 2006.

1. siaowei

siaowei Regular Member

pharmacist
    WOW!!! MALAYSIA WON THE MIXED TEAM GOLD MEDAL!!!!!:D
    I was there at the Melbourne Exhibition Centre when they played the final against England. My friend and I watched them played at the quarter final but couldn't get tickets for the semi-final. After finding out that they won the semi and would be competing at the final, we actually went to the centre and tried our luck to see whether we could get any tickets for the final. As anticipated, all tickets were sold out and we were really disappointed:crying: . But we didn;t give up, we started asking other spectators to see whether anyone would give up their tickets and sell to us. After trying for a while, we met a lady from New Zealand who thought her team would go to the final but they lost in the semi final and therefore, she would like to offer her tickets to us.Wah, so lucky!!!! We were so excited.
    At first, we couldn;t see a lot of Malaysian supporters inside the centre, we were a bit worried that the English crowd would be so strong until the malaysian players would be affected. But then, we saw more and more malaysian supporters coming, such a relief!
    There were so many amazing moments during the game: Wong Choong Hann tried to save every single shot that Sook Ai missed because the England team was aiming at Sook Ai all the time. Even though they lost but they still did so well. Lee Chong Wei, after seeing his match, I now realize how bad myself is as a badminton player, he is too good, he is like the badminton version of Jet Li, you just Whoah WHoah WHoah all the time while watching him played. Oh my god, he is just unbeatable!! Mew CHoo was incredible in the game, really fought like a tiger and never gave up even though the English opponent seemed to be more superior all the time but you could see that Mew CHoo fought her life for winning the game. The last few shots of each match was breath taking :eek: .Koo Kien Ket and Chan CHong Min, such a good team and they had certainly demonstrated great partnership. It was so enjoyable watching them played and I even hoped that the English team was a little bit stronger so that I could watch the two Malaysian boys played longer!!! It was really all about team work. Also, the Malaysian crowd was surprisingly large which I guess had contributed a bit to the confidence built up for the players. We shouted Malaysia boleh or go Malaysia, players' names for almost every single shot especially during Mew Choo's game. When she won it, I nearly bursted into tears :crying: because I could see how difficult it was to win that game and she was certainly under a lot of pressure. Sometimes, you hope you could help them win but the best that a supporter can do,is to cheer and to give them that little bit of power. The winning was so touching and the Malaysian team really deserved it!!! In the end, after almost everyone had left the stadium, the players came out again to take pics and meet their fans. I shook Lee Chong Wei's hand and took pics with him, Chan CHong Min and WOng CHoong Hann, wah so good!!!I wish I could turn back time and watch them play again. Malaysia boleh boleh boleh!!!!:p

2. eskimore

eskimore Regular Member

IT Support Assistant
    congrats to malaysian players..

3. tutu_h

tutu_h Regular Member

thanks for sharing ur experience with us, unfortunately they didn't come for german open this year. :crying: :crying: :crying: otherwise, i will certainly be there to cheer for them.

please share with us your pictures taken with them.;) :) :eek:

4. wl2172

wl2172 Regular Member

Thank you for such a moving article, I can see you are passionate about it :). Just wanted to add a little about Lee Chong Wei.

Lee Chong Wei is an incredible player. Misbun once said that he had Hafiz's sharp attacks, Roslin's defense, Choon Hann's focus and Yong Hock Kin's courtcraft all rolled into one. On top of that, Lee Chong Wei has great stamina, explosive movements and has pinpoint precision. On top of that, he trains hard and applies scientific methods for his re-conditioning to reduce injury. I rank him together with Lin Dan, Taufik and Peter Gade at the moment.

One other thing that impressed me about Lee Chong Wei is that he is very humble and quietly goes about his business on court, off the court he is well mannered and keeps a low profile. Malaysia's Men's Singles is secured for another 4 years with this fantastic and amazing player:)

5. siaowei

siaowei Regular Member

pharmacist
    Tutu, no problems,pics will be up very very soon.....I am looking at them almost every night before I go to bed, hoping that I can dream about them hahahahah....I am a retard when it comes to computers, so I'm still waiting for my brother to help me post the pics, sorry but please be patient, i took pics when they came out for the ceremony and received their medals, also pics of the malaysian crowd! So angry with myself coz some them are a bit blurry, I guess I was shaking too much- too excited and touched when they won or may be, it's an early sign of parkinson's disease, hahahha!!!:D

6. tzeeyoong

tzeeyoong New Member

Very touching !!!

Wah, such a long story. Wish I was there too. Too bad you couldn't get any tickets for me :crying: . Reading your sms the next morning made me feel proud and touched. I know its only Commonwealth Games but it still counts to something. Wish there was a men and women team events too. Then we could win more medals. Just waiting for the final of the individual events. Hope we can win a lot here.

Oh, one more thing. We miss you at work. Take care and keep in touch.

ZZ

7. TianaChan

TianaChan New Member

Hey honey! such a masterpiece ha!~ didnt know dat u were so into badminton b4! makes me feel like joining a team now! haha! thx 4 d email too! gonna send u some fotos from sydney lata! Take care & come back! Hehe!~ Cheers & HUGZZZ XOXO~