SHB 89 vs SHB 99 ??

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by pyrox, Mar 23, 2006.

1. pyrox

pyrox Regular Member

Hi everyone,

I had many injuries and my feet hurts alot with my asics gel squad (10-20 hours badminton/week), so I decided to buy a good badminton shoes. I hesitate between the SHB 89 and 99. I'd like to know which one is more resistant and lighter (if you have the weight can you write it down plz?).
    I read that Mizuno shoes are good also but I can't find any shop that sells it in France :-( and besides I dont know which one is good for badminton.

Any help would be very appreciated, thank you.

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Personally, I think 99 is lighter when compare to 89. The lightest one (within yonex high end line up) is 98, but it offers less protection then both 89 and 99. If possible, you should try the shoes out, before making a purchase. ;)

3. Javalina

Javalina Regular Member

student
    What's your height and weight? My height is about 180cm and weight around 100kg. I find Mizuno shoes offer good cushioning and I have not knee pain or ankle pain when I remove the original insoles and replace with thicker insoles that you can buy in sporting goods stores. I think for bigger and heavier guys mizuno shoes are good choices because their cushioning is better by far. Just my opinion. BTW I use Mizuno wavelightening. Basically they don't make badminton shoes so just buy volleyball shoes.

4. crosscourt

crosscourt Regular Member

Legal
    I remmeber reading somewhere (can't remember where, it may even have been here) that you should alternate between 2 pairs of shoes. The reason being that after wearing the first pair you have compressed the soles and so need to leave them a while for the soles to uncompress. I don't know if it's true. I keep meaning to check my shoes after a game and then again after a day but I keep forgetting.

I've decided to go with 2 pairs for hygiene reasons.....spray one, wear the other one!

5. pyrox

pyrox Regular Member

I'm 1,67 meters high for 55 kg, and large feets that's why my asics hurt so much. If i have to buy mizuno which one i should buy? the " 7-KM" designed for badminton is unfoundable in Europe. And what about Forza SH500 does anyone tried it?

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    1.67m and 55 kg is not "big and heavy", at least, not for my standard. I am taller and much heavier, and yonex shb99 provide enough cushion to me. If you want, you can also replace the original insole with better one, to provide even better durability and protection.

7. pyrox

pyrox Regular Member

alright, but i'm told that SHB99 usually last 3 months. What happened after 3 month used? There are holes everywhere or what? or it becomes unconfortable?

8. Pasch

Pasch Regular Member

Student
    The Forza SH500 is a copy of the Yonex SHB89 - and they are okay with grip and support... But after using them for half a season i got inflammations in my ingrowing nails (the big toe).
    Then i bought the Yonex 99 and my feet are very fine now.

The forza is only around 15€ cheaper than the yonex, so it's up to you!

9. event

event Regular Member

I don't agree. I like my 89's but the 98 has much better lateral stability.
    This isn't true. Mizuno does make badminton shoes. Do a search on this forum. They have a couple called Wave Smash S1 and S2. Mind you, if Javalina can't get them in the U.S., then finding them in France, where it has already been stated that Mizuno aren't available, will be tough.

#9 event, Apr 2, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2006
  10. Woven

Woven Regular Member

beggar
    IMO, youre figures doesnt show that youre big nor heavy. Maybe your feet hurts because asics doesnt have the right cut for u. Personally i prefer the asics gel series rather than any yonex shoes because i prefer thicker soles, all yonex shoes's soles are way too thin