Looking for Badminton Clubs in P.J.

Discussion in 'Malaysia' started by Josh², Mar 23, 2006.

1. Josh²

Josh² Regular Member

Student
    Good day,
    I'm looking for a badminton club in P.J. Some thing like weekly 2-4 hours play time, or training, or friendly tournaments etc. I consider myself an average or a little above average player and looking for a club maybe with membership or without, well basically wanting to find players about the same level or higher to push me further because right now, it kinda feels dull playing with my friends who aren't improving. :eek:

Time: Monday afternoons-night, Tuesday's morning-evening, Thursday nights, Friday morning-evening.
    Venue: Let me just name some courts if it helps - Taman Megah, Bukit Bintang Boy School 'Section 14' (nights only, coz school in the morning - afternoons), Pui Chai Primary school ss2 (evening-nights), Taman Sea primary school, Taman Tun Community Center, or around those areas?

Or if there is any info on any badminton clubs in P.J. can someone please let me know? I really wana join a club or something to further improve my game. Thanks! :)

2. Phydhel

Phydhel Regular Member

Good Man!
    It has since been confirmed by the likes of cendolabc that you are indeed the fine lad who played with a young punk by the name of Chow. I am the young punk, I must say, you are the friendliest player I ever played with in my life, I have yet to meet a more joyful badminton player. Anyway, have you found any clubs yet? I'm fine with the above mentioned places, BB Boys School sounds good, but have to find kaki. If you already have kaki but not enough players, then by all means summon the young punk of the eastern meadows, I will be more than willing to join the company.

Until then.

3. cendolabc

cendolabc Regular Member

Josh and Phydhel

aiyo! Phydhel is you ah... hey, kawan,, u no hard feeelings against me hor? :D how come don't see u in action around anymore wan? where u practice ur Badminton Kungfu these days?

ah.. yes, Josh2 is an excellent badminton 'kaki' to have. I would like to add to this testimony. this is why...
    1. he came EARLY for the game. the earliest one. should have given him an early bird special gift. :cool:
    2. when we were 'sparring', we used my veli-ignorantly-cheap shuttle. within two shots, he graciously changed into his high quality one. (not like some ppl very kiamsiap wan)
    3. he' apologises when he hits a shot which is beyond my capability to save..
    4. he's got a very 'superstar' athletic exterior. can attract attention from both gender. ( when i introduced him to the other court of better; younger players, their first reaction was ''wah!!''-- because he's very tall man.. u see oso scared ah..)

4. Josh²

Josh² Regular Member

Student
    Yikes!

oh gosh! I'm overly flattered... Hi Chow and Cendolabc. I'm sorry can't join you guys on Tuesdays as I normally meet my friends and hang out during Tuesday nights. But hei, the invitation is open to any of you guys to come to SRK Tmn Sea (primary) at 6pm on Sunday's to just come and join me and some others to have fun together playing badminton. :) The school is down the road opposite Puay Chai. We play there at 6-9pm. The players there are just coming to have fun so maybe can lower your expectations on how GREAT they are. :D

Oh and Phydhel, why don't you pm me your phone number? Maybe we can meet sometime, have a game or two or something? Where do you stay again? :p

But to properly justify my skill level... :eek: I'm certainly not as good as what cendolabc describe. Hahaa... Just love the game and wana learn more and most importantly, have fun! :D

Cheers!

5. cendolabc

cendolabc Regular Member

wah.. another value-added Josh2 ah...
    • VERY humble ler...
    oh, only invite Phydhel lar? cendolabc tak mau kawan? nemind, nehmind.. :rolleyes:

6. Phydhel

Phydhel Regular Member

Good day to you all!
    I still play with my father on thursdays and with some other friends on mon or tue. Anyway I stay in OUG and my hp is 017-3608383
    And, oh yeah

u no hard feeelings against me hor? :D

nolah

7. nelsonkong

nelsonkong Regular Member

Quantity Surveyor
    wooo...seems that you three are good to play with...XD...where you all play normally? maybe i can come and join for a game or two..XD

8. Josh²

Josh² Regular Member

Student
    Cendolabc, the invitation was to both of you. And now 3 of you (including Nelsonkong). please do come and join me at SRK Taman Sea. :cool:

Nelson, do come and join us. SRK Taman Sea on Sunday's 6-9pm. Btw, how old are you? Pro ah? Sket sket a little. :D

(Phydhel) Chow... Mana ada hard feelings leh... :p It's great to meet people like you around to play badminton with. Chow much better player than me le... :eek: I looks only takut. :D

If you all can make it, I can book Bukit Bintang school at section 14 there at night. Then we all can gather there and play, say... Thursday night? At 10pm-12am? I know it's crazy late, but hopefully can get the earlier court booking ;)

ANYONE ELSE interested???? :D Anyone at all from BC... Lets just gather to have fun. :cool:

9. cendolabc

cendolabc Regular Member

Count me in!!

10-12 midnight?
    wooo.. i like it!!!! yes!! i can go AFTER work (i work in shifts). jam-free somemore... after playing.. can jadi pontianak (keongsi).. hahaha :D

Count ME In!!!
    Josh, u still have my no. right? just let me know...

10. Josh²

Josh² Regular Member

Student
    sure... If I gather more people, we'll do it.

11. Phydhel

Phydhel Regular Member

haha this :

u no hard feeelings against me hor? :D

the above is a quote from cendolabc earlier.
    Anyway I dont think I can make it for 10-12am because I depend on public transport big time. got lesen but no car.
    yeah, josh you go for the nusa mahsuri training? maybe we go together someday. you know the schedule right, its not the PKNS one but nusa mahsuri. very tough indeed.
    Anyway see you all soon

12. cendolabc

cendolabc Regular Member

14-5-2006 sunday , 11:00 am Pro-One badminton center

come come..
    .. get josh to come oso.. i can't priv.msg him..donchknuw why.. accord to badm.cent, he is not a member.. haha..

we can arrange the transportation matter later.. EVERYTHING is possible ..so as long as u have the time and interest..

13. Phydhel

Phydhel Regular Member

I dont think I'll be able to make it this Sunday at Pro one, as I got other stuff to settle. is it the same gang as before? loosai and gang, very tough group indeed.Anyway I will try and see if I can go for the Tmn Sea one at night haha.

14. nelsonkong

nelsonkong Regular Member

Quantity Surveyor
    aww...sunday...i can't play on sunday basically...morning i have church and night i need to have dinner with in-laws...XD...Thursday 10-12??? woah...no need to work on friday arr?? XD

15. Josh²

Josh² Regular Member

Student
    Well, I guess we'll just try to arrange another time then... Since nelson has dinner with in-laws XD~ Chow and cendolabc can come and join me at Tmn Sea at 6pm-9pm yea? It's been a while since we met anyway. :D Then maybe when we meet we can discuss on other avenue to play together. And maybe invite more ppl along too. :)

About the Pro One badminton thingi, I don't think I wana go. I'm just a casual player. Not really that good. Besides, I'm not going to make it to the Malaysian team or anything like that. :p

16. cendolabc

cendolabc Regular Member

aiyo.. Josh.u really very humble ler... like our leechoongwei (Msian singles player) wah.. height also sama pattern meh...

aiyo.. like that you have repeatedly posted.. all games posted here oso for social objectives only mah... u oso have seen me play... only i very TAK TAU malu, tak tau mati, berani jalan masuk to those fierce tigers (Pro One) punya territory.. hahaha.. but im sure u'd agree with me that we only improve when we play with better players..

hey, im thinking of joining u this Sunday... will call u... SRKTS was my school... but during my time , no court lar.. but helped raised fund for constructing it.. hahaha..

17. Josh²

Josh² Regular Member

Student
    Aiks... nvm... Come la SRKTS 6pm. I believe Chow will also be there. Coz last week mother's day he couldn't make it. This week can right chow? Long time no see and play with you yet lor... We need some good players there too. :D Then can learn and improve like what cendolabc said.

18. Abbygirl

Abbygirl Regular Member

Where is this SRKTS ?

19. Phydhel

Phydhel Regular Member

Its the primary school near Yamaha Music school, SS2 there.

About this Sunday 21 May, its my brothers wedding, really one,the actual date, so I wont be able to make it, but next week shouldnt be a prob!

20. aed_ee

aed_ee Regular Member

Hi guys,

My name is Alex, I am staying in BU and may I join you guys for badminton? Well, I am just an average player, maybe a bit lower than average.

How much is the cost? Let me know, thanks.