User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default not even 1 month and no tension?

Does any1 have my problem where the string tension goes poof in not even a month? around 2 weeks? I used a BG 85 strung at 25lb on a Woven 8 and i got it on March the 6th. Now its only March 23rd and when i pull apart the strings, the strings dont go back to its original place with even spacing... leaves a big gap =.= Especially the horizontal ones T ^ T now i gotta restring my AT700 and my Woven 8 T ^ T

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on how long you play for and how hard you hit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dun hit THAT hard in my opinion...Im only 15 yrs old!Also I play defensively in singles... I mainly smash in doubles only! o.o and i only played around approx. 22 hours during spring break and around 7 hours for the other week! My friend says that its probably cause of crappy string job T ^ T

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is there paint on the strings? i have mine strung at 28lbs.. and from the very beginning the strings do move - and stick apart because of paint on the strings.

this doesn't necessarily mean that the strings have gone..

what i do to check the tension is hit another racquet (usually my other identical racquet) against the strings of the restrung one. the sound is usually a high ping, and if my other racquet is strung similarly they make similar sounds.

of course if the pitch is noticeably lower then i know the strings have gone and i'm due a restring.

if your strings have gone in 2-4 weeks your either playing twice a day 7 days a week or it's a bad batch of string, or the stringer's done a bad job and a knots loosened or something..

hope this helps

Coops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i didnt put any paint on the strings =/ but i dunno about the stringer =/ it was an electronic stringing machine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CarrotLegs
    Does any1 have my problem where the string tension goes poof in not even a month? around 2 weeks? I used a BG 85 strung at 25lb on a Woven 8 and i got it on March the 6th. Now its only March 23rd and when i pull apart the strings, the strings dont go back to its original place with even spacing... leaves a big gap =.= Especially the horizontal ones T ^ T now i gotta restring my AT700 and my Woven 8 T ^ T
    .... isnt that a normal.. it should even take a month for your tension go down, even a few days will do...i bet no stringinger can garantee you that your strings tension wont drop in a month. And is it really necessary for you to restring your racquet every time your tension goes down by alittle?? that's just a waste of money??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dun hit THAT hard in my opinion...Im only 15 yrs old!Also I play defensively in singles... I mainly smash in doubles only! o.o and i only played around approx. 22 hours during spring break and around 7 hours for the other week! My friend says that its probably cause of crappy string job T ^ T
    If you don't want your string to move, do what I did, string it yourself at 30 lbs+ . The tension is so tight that it has no where to move...hehehe .
    The sound of the shuttle hitting the string is so nice , like tapping a wine glass with a salad fork . Warning, don't miss hit.... , because the string will pop very easily .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i used 2 play at lee's & had my racquet strung there 2! da string broke da nxt day & they won't fix it 4 me! then i start switching 2 yo's and it's fine!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now its only March 23rd and when i pull apart the strings, the strings dont go back to its original place with even spacing...
    When you pull the spring apart, it usually NOT bounce back by itself, especially if the tension is lowered to below 25lb. That's just normal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah. I think it depends on how long you have played for and how hard you hit, I'm more of a smasher than drop shotter so I get my racquet tightened every month.