Need your advice re: frame shape changed

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Tammy, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Tammy

Tammy Regular Member

I just got my Yonex Ti Swing Power back from a stringer (this is the first time I had this person string my racquet). I noticed right away that the shape of the head frame changed. It is longer and narrower than the head frame of an unstrung racquet, 3 mm longer and 6 mm narrower, to be exact. I also have an unstrung Ti Swing Power, so I compared them.

Is this normal? Or should I cut the string to prevent damage? I'd need your comment/advice, especially from stringers. Many thanks ...

Tammy

PS: Other than the above issue, I don't find anything wrong with the string job. I used BG-66 and the tension is 20 lbs.

2. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Your stringer has used a suspension system stringing machine. He has over-stretched your racquet frame. You might want to use a 10 x magnifying glass to closely examine the inner side of the tip of the frame for micro fractures or dent.

3. eggroll

eggroll Regular Member

sales
    Make sure he used two pieces of string. Some inexperienced stringers use one and increase the tension when they do the crosses which changes the frame shape.

4. Tammy

Tammy Regular Member

I see only 2 tie knots. Does it mean he used only one piece of string?

I have another racquet strung by a different stringer and there are 4 knots. I guess this person used 2 pieces of string.

Should I cut the string now? Please tell me ...