Help!! Yonex warranty

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by logatech, Mar 24, 2006.

1. logatech

logatech Regular Member

Hello, everyone

My friend bought a Yonex racket (MP99) for me in Thailand two weeks ago. We are in the USA now. I haven't really play with this racket. Last week I took it out and wanted to see if the shaft is stiff, so I bend the racket a little bit. Sadly, I heard little sound of cracking. (I didn't use much power to bend it at all) I checked and found there were two small crackes on the shaft. I thought it might be just be the paint. But I found the racket was kind of more flexible, so I removed paint around one crack, it was cracked inside :crying: . It is not big crack, but I am afraid the racket will break soon if I actually use it often. I think this is a defective product ( it should be a geniue one though. I paid about 100 us dollars, and I checked it. It comes with a warranty card and everything looks geniue). I was wondering if I can get an exchange or something. But how am I gonna convince them that it is indeed defective, noy because crushing? And is it possible that I mail the racket back to Thailand and get an exchange (I am willing to pay shippings ). Anybody had this situation before?
    I appreciate it for any suggestions. Thanks.:)
    (I emailed Yonex Thailand. They haven't reply yet. I will upload the picture later)

2. chessymonkey

chessymonkey Regular Member

comp tech
    if how Yonex warnaty in Tailand work is the same as how they work here, they will first ask you to ship them the
    racket itself, then all u can do is wait, they'll dertermin if it is indeed
    a manfacturer defect (and within warranty period) or was it caused by a crash. if they admit it is a defective product and not cause by a crash
    then pretty sure they'll always replace a new one for u

3. red00ecstrat

red00ecstrat Regular Member

(Full Time) Coolie. (Part Time) Photojournalist.
    sorry man but i gotta say it might be too late!
    with some paint on the shaft removed? how can u prove to yonex. that's indeed a defective product?

4. logatech

logatech Regular Member

here is the picture,
    I didn't remove paint off the first crack, but from the second crack
    you can clearly see the crack inside the carbon,
    the crack is like a line segment,
    crashing wouldn't do something like this, would it?

Attached Files:

• rr11.JPG
      rr11.JPG
      File size:
      35.7 KB
      Views:
    #4 logatech, Mar 24, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2006
  5. logatech

logatech Regular Member

But how do I know the cracks are just on the paint or inside, if I don't remove the paint. :confused:

#5 logatech, Mar 24, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2006
  6. chessymonkey

chessymonkey Regular Member

comp tech
    well acutally when u see that crack on the paint u should've sent it in
    to yonex already.. there really is no need to dig any further
    a crack on the shaft is not a like a paint chip (well of course i would leave out the part bout tring to Bend the shaft) and cliams the crack appears under Normal usage where no crash was involved, i would guess it would have been consider under manfacturer defect easily. Nehow, since the shaft is cracked , the racket is literally dead no matter, i'd say its still worth a shot to mail it back to yonex and see if u get any lucky.
    Except... lets say you get lucky and yonex will replace it, i doubt if Yonex will mail the RMA overseas or even simply ignored your case as u'r not in the original contry where the waranty covers. U better have some friend in Tailand to help u file it in the first place.

7. logatech

logatech Regular Member

Thanks for the tips.
    When I first saw the cracks, I was thinking if they were just scratchs on the paint, then it is not worth to mail the racket back to Thailand. Since I am not Thai, I think I will ask my friend to contact with Yonex Thailand. I don't wanna trouble my friend. He is kind enough to bring the racket to me all the way from Thailand, so that is why I was trying to handle this by myself.

8. eizmed

eizmed Regular Member

Doctor
    logatech,

I feel for you man. must admit, all of us bend the racket at some time or another whether it is to test the flex or string tension or fraustrated during a game.

There is nothing your friend could've done when selecting the racket if there are no external defects on the paintwork.

Must admit, chances of a replacement brandnew racket is slim, but hey, don't lose hope. In the event of the worst outcome, just think of it as expensive badminton "education" as let it rest. I'm sure the next racket for you will be perfect.

:)

9. logatech

logatech Regular Member

Good thinking. I feel bad because I haven't really use it.
    But I will caonsider this as just bad luck in case I don't get replacement :)