String Tension

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by david07, Mar 24, 2006.

1. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    so far i haven't bought a racket that has to be stringed and i've also never got a racket restrung. I'm looking forward to buying a better racket as my game has gotten better and i'm starting to play more. I'm just want to know what string tension is, how it is calculated, how it effects your game, and does a low tension mean lose strings? sorry if this has been discussed already, i am truly a newbie to equipment, and find this forum very helpful, thanks in advanced for the help

2. calfunz

calfunz Regular Member

student
    well first off search the forums...for string tension...secondly yes low string tension means loose high string tension means tighter strings.....string tension is how tight u put the strings on ur racket....it rarely affects your game, unless u are pro....it most likely affects ur smashes thats it, affects power, very little control is affected.

3. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    thank u for the info, i tried searching the forums, but my search skills aren't good. so once again, thank u

4. calfunz

calfunz Regular Member

student
    u need skills to search the forum????theres a search bar on the same bar as ur user cp bar........like on the same row...lol